Author Topic: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton ......... Ratten 2011 = Wallace 2009?  (Read 19250 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton ......... Ratten 2011 = Wallace 2009?
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2011, 12:33:42 AM »
Hate losing to this Cheating Footy Club.

Rather than talk about individual performances now I'll save that for later I was shattered we were 14 up
at the last change and we lost by 20. If Jack had not slipped and the FIlth rushed that behind 20 up 5 mins into the last maybe just maybe.... Anyway

My positives were Conca and Batchelor no doubt of the newbies and Helbig likes to get his hands dirty too. :thumbsup
Newman was superb tonight I am so impressed he is really becoming a great leader. :thumbsup
Jack was brilliant and so was Jako. :thumbsup

What gets me is our decision making we have the momentum in the third and in the last before the tide turned we are running forward into space and we don't either hit a target Houli in the last or Nahas tries to take on one too many plaers gets caught or disposes and puts the receiving player under the pump and we turn it over or we just blaze away blindly.

Deledio that clanger turned the game. Can blame him for the error but can't blame him for the game. Edwards is back to his old tricks and someone (Dimma) needs to get into Dusty's head and tell him give it off don't try and fend off 3.

We were in a winning position and we blew it. Carlton were wasteful in front of goal all night and we had a chance to make them pay and we didn't that's what gets me. If we kicked 14 20 in a game I can guarantee the opposition would beat us kicking 18 goals 9. :-\

We are a developing side and these games as these kids mature won't slip from our grasp

Other than that the signs were encouraging, the kids hung in there due to Carlton's wastefulness and we gave ourselves a chance to win. We didn't it hurts cause it was that Filthy Mob but for me there is plenty to work with and I think that tonight's game did nothing to deter me that Dimma has us on the right track. Still think the top two or three will put us to the sword but we will do ourselves no disservice this year. :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2011, 03:05:59 AM »
I cant believe we blew this game in the end.What a lost opportunity to stick it up our critics.

We were 10 points up with around 10 minutes to go. Carlton were playing like a rudderless ship and were on the ropes waiting for the knockout blow.We had all the momentum.

Jack was making a mockery of the Carlton backline.

This may be the first of many games in 2011 where Richmond snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.Our young team will have to learn how to win the tough games.

Anyhow the positive for me is that based on last night- 2011 will be more enjoyable than last year.

Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
The tv replay of the game is on OneHD this morning from 9.30am.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »
Just on Foley from the RFC website:

The Tigers also lost a runner after half-time with midfielder Nathan Foley succumbing to a gastro bug that had plagued him all week.

Hardwick had planned to substitute on an extra runner with fresh legs in Daniel Connors in the second half, but hadn't expected Foley to be the one he needed to replace.

He admitted he made a mistake with his use of the substitute.

"I made a blue to be perfectly honest," Hardwick said.

"Axel Foley had gastro all week and I sort of half forced his hand to play, which of course cost us in the end.

"He just couldn't go on and had vomiting and diarrhea.

"So that was my blue. Dan has obviously had an interrupted pre-season also and we just tried to get some experience on the field after half-time."

So this explains why he was subbed off at half time, bit hard for a guy to play a good game when he constantly feels like he is about to poo himself  :-\

I am absolutely gutted we almost had the filth :(

Let's be honest though, with the young side we have, we did very very well. You could see in that last quarter they just ran out of legs. Get a few more pre seasons into the young guys and we will run all over opposition in games like this one down the track! We are heading places, slowly but surely  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Caro on 3aw tonight said we should have won after being 14 points up at 3/4 time. Kept harping on about it as being our best chance to get a win this season with us playing the Saints, Pies and Hawks next. She even said that if the coaching staff hadn't erred playing a sick Foley which forced Richmond into a early substitution then we may have had fresh legs to come on in the last quarter to win us the game.

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
Caro on 3aw tonight said we should have won after being 14 points up at 3/4 time. Kept harping on about it as being our best chance to get a win this season with us playing the Saints, Pies and Hawks next. She even said that if the coaching staff hadn't erred playing a sick Foley which forced Richmond into a early substitution then we may have had fresh legs to come on in the last quarter to win us the game.

If this effing sub is such a good effing idea why haven't clubs been doing it for years.

Effing Caro has no effing idea.

:banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »
Lethal didn't think much of us today in 3aw's preview. He said he saw nothing new from Richmond apart from Cotchin looking better.

Mike still couldn't believe Tucky wasn't in our best 22. Richo replied that while we are a good contested footy side our major weakness is we get killed on the outside and Tucky is just another inside player so he wouldn't fix that. Mike then argued that surely someone else who normally plays inside could play outside allowing Tucky to play. Richo mentioned Martin as the Club wouldn't want Martin to get continually bashed and crashed at a young age.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »

Caro is 100% correct. Sure we were lucky to still be in the contest at half time, we found ourselves in a winning position.
Unleash the tornado

jackstar is back again

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »

If this effing sub is such a good effing idea why haven't clubs been doing it for years.

Effing Caro has no effing idea.

:banghead

Caro is 100% correct

jackstar is back again

« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »
also the club made a mistake in its choice of sub as well.
Connors looked overweight and has missed some sessions.
Sub should be an "'impact player"" with good endurance who could just keeping running.
Tuck is the first one that comes into mind.
Even Nason,

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
also the club made a mistake in its choice of sub as well.
Connors looked overweight and has missed some sessions.Sub should be an "'impact player"" with good endurance who could just keeping running.
Tuck is the first one that comes into mind.
Even Nason,

Nah you can't be serious

Every commnetator is sayng Connors shouldn't have been the sub he should have started the game  :rollin :rollin

BTW I actually agree with you  :o
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
I rate Connors.
I think he should start.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
Willy you're just a hairy ar se

Connors looked underdone.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »
Jack and Newy made the Herald-Sun's team of the week

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/team-of-the-round-week-1/story-e6frf9io-1226029561960

Edit: for the night owls the replay of the game is on OneHD now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:52:22 AM by one-eyed »