Author Topic: Maurice Rioli Club (Social Club)  (Read 45718 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Social Club
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »
I have MCC I really just get it so I could sit with freinds if we get there some day.
Really if you have a reserved seat as a member of a club (Maybe like the reward thing 10-15 years+) you should get those for the GF because really in the end that's what it's all about.
As enjoyable as it would be alone in the MCC "Well with a bulldog and another Tiger and a whoever else turns up" just wouldn't be quite the same as the usual gang during the many seasons we have endured.
AFL sucks and I am after all, after my time! Would love to have been born back in the 20s or so. Apart from now being 90 odd in case of smart replies! ;D
Would easily go back to suburban footy every second week in the rain, soft idiots these days I tell ya.
No aggots ize tellz ya, no aggots!!!!!!

Nice post and too true.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
SOCIAL CLUB INFORMATION ROUND 24 v NORTH

Round 24, Richmond v North Melbourne
Sunday, September 4, Etihad Stadium, 4.40PM

This week at Etihad Stadium, the Tigers will be hunting for Roos in the last game of the 2011 season.

For all those attending, the Victory Room will be open for all Social Club members pre, during and post match. The Victory Room is located on Level 1.

All Social Club members will be able to enter with one guest, however this guest must enter with the Social Club member.

Please note: You must RSVP if they wish to attend the Victory Room post-match. You are not required to register your guest.

RSVPs for Round 24 post-match will be accepted until 4PM Friday September 2. 

To RSVP simply visit [click link in email]

If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to contact me directly via telephone on (03) 9426 4442 or email aaidone@richmondfc.com.au.

Make no mistake ... The Tiger is Stirring

Kind Regards,
Ashley Aidone
Premium Membership Sales Officer

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
In the Victory Room Social Club pre-match: Craig Cameron, General Manager of Football will be interviewed on stage at 3.45PM.

In the Victory Room Social Club post-match: Jake King and David Astbury will be interviewed on stage approximately 30-minutes after the completion of the match.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
In the Victory Room Social Club pre-match: Craig Cameron, General Manager of Football will be interviewed on stage at 3.45PM.

In the Victory Room Social Club post-match: Jake King and David Astbury will be interviewed on stage approximately 30-minutes after the completion of the match.

So Craig's campaign to get an early extension to his five year contract ramps up a gear with an address to the Social Club.
Follows his comments about more development coaches, an experienced assistant and new contracts for Nahas, King and Tuck.
Nice to see he's listening to the supporters but what about the first four years in the job.

If someone wants to ask a question how about this:

"As General Manager of Football Operations, does the buck stop with you in regards to List Structure, Player Welfare, Player Fitness and Player Development?"

"If so, are you happy with the way these have been handled in your first four years in the job and if not, why haven't you done anything before now?"

I'd be interested in his answers but I guess it will all come down to lack of finances.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
yep, they usually come up with that lame excuse.
I will be there, interesting to see who asks the question.
I might ask

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »
come up and say Hi, dont be shy,  :birthday

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
I might ask

I'll be there Jack, lets catch up for a beer pre game. :thumbsup

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »
come up and say Hi, dont be shy,  :birthday

Thanks for the offer but I think you will find we have very little in common.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
I will be there to scare everyone off.

:cheers   :lol

Got a bloody cold.

Feel like poo but can't not go.

A richmond win and I will magically be better.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
I might ask

I'll be there Jack, lets catch up for a beer pre game. :thumbsup

Meet you in there pre game then

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
The Social Club membership will be now known from 2012 onwards as the Maurice Rioli Club membership.

I'll post the full details from the flyer when I get chance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2011, 06:38:08 PM »
Here's the flyer:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP IN 2012

Maurice Rioli, who passed away on Christmas Day 2010, is regarded as one of the greatest players in Richmond's, long, proud history. Rioli thrilled the Tiger faithful with his dazzling skills in a decorated 118-game league career from 1982-87. He won the Jack Dyer Medal twice (1982& 1983), the Norm Smith Medal for best afield in the 1982 Grand Final against Carlton, was runner-up in the 1983 Brownlow Medal, and earned All-Australian selection three times. Years later, Rioli was named in the AFL Indigenous Team of the Century, and inducted as a Legend into the AFLNT Hall of Fame.

Both on and off the field, Maurice Rioli was a trailblazer for the Indigenous community. After his retirement from football, Rioli became a politician in the Northern Territory Parliament, and then worked in Community Services on the Tiwi Islands, focusing his time heavily on Indigenous issues.

Richmond unveiled the 'Maurice Rioli Room' at its 2011 Grand Final eve luncheon held in the new Korin Gamadji Institute, as a lasting tribute to the Tiger champion of the 1980s. The Club's CEO, Brendon Gale, said at the launch: "At Richmond, we are extremely proud of our history and of those individuals, players and volunteers, who have built the Club into what it is. There's no doubt Maurice Rioli was a very significant figure in the history or our Club, so we have a responsibility to celebrate his legacy".

The Club has decided to further honour Rioli by re-naming the Richmond Social Club membership the Maurice Rioli Club membership. Social Club activities will be held in what is now the Maurice Rioli Room.

As well as the re-naming of the Social Club membership, the Club has also listened to your feedback from 2011 and made the following improvements to the package at no extra cost to you.

2012 MAURICE RIOLI CLUB BENEFITS:

NEW IN 2012

* Guaranteed access to purchase a reserved seat at the Grand Final if Richmond is participating (note that previous Grand Final ticket guarantee for Social Club members did not stipulate between a reserved seat or standing room).

* Ability to watch Richmond play interstate via LIVE telecast at the ME Bank Centre, with other Maurice Rioli Club members.

* Sit-down carvery function at a discounted rate to Maurice Rioli Club members, with special guests at selected games, in the Maurice Rioli Room.

* Access to the Yarra Park Room (themed in Yellow and Black) with a special guest speaker pre-game at all Richmond MCG home fixtures, and the ability to bring a guest.

IN ADDITION TO:

* Access to the Maurice Rioli Room for post-match functions at the ME Bank Centre for all Richmond games played at the MCG.

* Special guest speakers at all post-match functions (in 2011, Brendon Gale, Chris Newman, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Reece Conca and Nathan Foley all appeared in the Social Club).

* Access to the Victory Room at all Richmond home games played at Etihad, with the ability to bring a guest.

* Exclusive Maurice Rioli Club key ring.

* Exclusive invitations to additional Club functions throughout the year.

* Abilityto purchase exclusive merchandise.

Maurice Rioli Club membership will be capped at 5,000 members and those who renew/join in 2012 will be provided with a priority option to renew each season. Maurice Rioli Club membership (previously Social Club) has grown from 200 to 2,000 in just two years. To ensure you are one of the priority members, who have access to a reserved seat when Richmond participates in a Grand Final, make sure you select to renew the Maurice Rioli Club as part of your 2012 renewal when the membership campaign is launched in November.

If you have any questions aboutthe Maurice Rioli Club membership, please contact me directly at the Club on (03) 9426 4442 or email aaidone@richmondfc.com.au.

Regards,

Ashley Aidone
Premium Membership Sales Officer

Offline Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
* Ability to watch Richmond play interstate via LIVE telecast at the ME Bank Centre, with other Maurice Rioli Club members.

:cheers

Finally starting to feel a little like an actual social club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »

:cheers

Finally starting to feel a little like an actual social club.
This is what it should be used for.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd