Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399523 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Where is RFC Official
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
As we've said numerous times we don't care what happens at other sites/forums so leave discussion about them off OER please.

I have read this sort of comment from mods elsewhere.  What's the deal OE?  Is it some sort of forum protocol?
How is it any different from commenting on something in the paper or something going down at another club?
Yep it's pretty much standard protocol on most forums these days. As posting on forums is mostly anonymous it's easy for someone with a grudge to use one site to bag and make up crap about another site and the people who run and/or use it. With issues in papers or affecting another club the individuals involved are publicly known and the issues are public knowledge to discuss (unless there's a court suppression order which prevents a person's identity being revealed).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
I've got more of a just curious question for you RFCO.

Is there any reason why the club logo doesn't appear alongside the club sponsors on the back-banner when a coach or player gives an interview to the media?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
Here is one from outside the square for you RFCO.

Each year the club release a list of all of the players in the final year of their contract, ie able to be delisted.

Run an sms line where members can send a text voting to delist a player and resign a player and the decision stands at the conclusion.

Could be a nice earner with a premium sms line and a way to involve the fans who let's face it couldn't do a worse job than Craig Cameron.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »

Each year the club release a list of all of the players in the final year of their contract, ie able to be delisted.

Run an sms line where members can send a text voting to delist a player and resign a player and the decision stands at the conclusion.

Could be a nice earner with a premium sms line and a way to involve the fans who let's face it couldn't do a worse job than Craig Cameron.

lol....Can we call it "Richmonds Lost Talent"   :cheers

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »

;D You've got to let the hatred of Dan Jackson go. You'll be a happier person.  ;)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
Mr RFC_O,

there's been some discussion about our final membership numbers

Club says 47k members, official ALF number is 40k

I asked you this on twitter but if you could answer it here that would be great

Why the difference in the 2 numbers?

And BTW I know you are going to say it's because of the "access & non access members" numbers but could you tell us which categories make up "non access"

Thnx

Non access is those without access to the games, essentially a non-ticketed membership.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »

Is there any reason why the club logo doesn't appear alongside the club sponsors on the back-banner when a coach or player gives an interview to the media?

Probably the fact that we had a lot of new sponsors this year so it was important for them to get on the background, and we just havent changed it since we locked in our final list of sponsors. It has been discussed as to bringing the logo back next year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »

Probably the fact that we had a lot of new sponsors this year so it was important for them to get on the background, and we just havent changed it since we locked in our final list of sponsors. It has been discussed as to bringing the logo back next year.
Ta RFCO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »
Mr RFC_O,

And BTW I know you are going to say it's because of the "access & non access members" numbers but could you tell us which categories make up "non access"

Thnx

Non access is those without access to the games, essentially a non-ticketed membership.
7000 is a large gap when you see clubs like Hawthorn have all but a couple of hundred of their memberships counted in the official AFL tally.

Is the club looking at ways to include "access" to non-access memberships so they count in the official AFL figures? Say for example is it possible to add one-game access to overseas/interstate-based memberships - virtually all will never use the one-game access due to the tyranny of distance so the cost should be close to the current non-access membership yet they would count on the technicality of having one-game access.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »

Where's my answer?  >:(

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »

;D You've got to let the hatred of Dan Jackson go. You'll be a happier person.  ;)

A Beiger. But which one?

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »

A Beiger. But which one?

Sorry?  ???

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2011, 08:19:10 PM »
Mr RFC_O,

Thnx

7000 is a large gap when you see clubs like Hawthorn have all but a couple of hundred of their memberships counted in the official AFL tally.

Is the club looking at ways to include "access" to non-access memberships so they count in the official AFL figures? Say for example is it possible to add one-game access to overseas/interstate-based memberships - virtually all will never use the one-game access due to the tyranny of distance so the cost should be close to the current non-access membership yet they would count on the technicality of having one-game access.

Interstate membership includes access to 5 home games, MT

some of us masochists utilise at least one of them  ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
I reckon there is a couple of RRs and a FO at work here.  ;)

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
Mr official, how much does a Tiges beanie cost? I would love one
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:55:08 AM by one-eyed »