Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399602 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2011, 11:41:33 PM »
Looks like Essendon are trying to copy us and want their own version of RFCO:

The Essendon Football Club ... are now seeking a Football Technology Analyst to join our Football Technology team.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125497/default.aspx

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »

The Essendon Football Club ... are now seeking a Football Technology Analyst to join our Football Technology team.

Nah that's a different role, that's based with-in the football department. We already have one of those.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »
Right, before my time. I'll ask around for you :)

? So anything

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »

Nah that's a different role, that's based with-in the football department. We already have one of those.
So you're saying the Bombers are copycats  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2011, 02:18:48 PM »
Right, before my time. I'll ask around for you :)

? So anything

Refresh my memory on the question please?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »
The pavers dude

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2011, 02:38:18 PM »
The pavers dude

I'll have an answer for everyone next week, the two people that do handled that are currently on holiday.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »
The pavers dude

I'll have an answer for everyone next week, the two people that do handled that are currently on holiday.

I can answer this one because I got a letter from the Club (sigend by Benny Gale) last week about this

Wont be until late 2012  :-\

The letter said pavers will be re-laid after the configuration the ground is complete which is planned for sometime late next year. They will be put in front of the Jack Dyer Stand.

Also mentioned some of the pavers have actually been damaged (read broken) and these will be replaced by the club when they are re-laid.

Pleased to have got the letter but disappointed that (1) some pavers have been broken and (2) it's going to be another 12 months before they are on display again 

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:29:06 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
The pavers dude

I can answer this one because I got a letter from the Club (sigend by Benny Gale) last week about this

The letter said pavers will be re-laid after the configuration the ground is complete which is planned for sometime late next year. They will put in front of the Jack Dyer Stand.

Also mentioned some of the pavers have actually been damaged (read broken) and these will be replaced by the club when they are re-laid.

Pleased to have got the letter but disappointed that (1) some pavers have been broken and (2) it's going to be another 12 months before they are on display again

That's what I'd be told, but was told to wait to confirm.

There's confirmation.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
RFCO, I have heard that lapsed RFC members have been sent letters offering to count their previous years of membership in the members rewards program.

Is that correct?

If so, will the same offer be extended to current members who may have missed a season before the rewards program was introduced and therefore missed out on having previous years counted?

One of my pet hates is the way Pay TV throws everything at punters to get them to sign up, but none of the same rewards to loyal customers.

It seems to me like the RFC is treading a similar path here.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
If so, will the same offer be extended to current members who may have missed a season before the rewards program was introduced and therefore missed out on having previous years counted?

Is this you?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »
That's not an answer.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
One of my pet hates is the way Pay TV throws everything at punters to get them to sign up, but none of the same rewards to loyal customers.

Same here - been with them since they started but want to charge me $100 or something to upgrade to HD but I know someone who's just signed up & have got it (HD) thrown in for free because they've signed up for 2 years  >:( Even threatening to cancelling my subscription has made no difference  :banghead

RFCO, I have heard that lapsed RFC members have been sent letters offering to count their previous years of membership in the members rewards program.

Is that correct?

Fair question I reckon TBR

And TBH I am not sure it's the right thing to do

IIRC in one of the member's survey's (might have been 2009 or 2010) this issue was raised and the results showed that existing members didn't believe it was fair and the club decided not to do it.

So Mr RFC_O does this mean the Club's changed it stance on this  :huh

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
That's not an answer.

It was part of an answer, there's another part coming when he answers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2011, 04:00:00 AM »
The pavers dude

The letter said pavers will be re-laid after the configuration the ground is complete which is planned for sometime late next year. They will put in front of the Jack Dyer Stand.

That's what I'd be told, but was told to wait to confirm.

There's confirmation.
I just checked my inbox after the weekend and found someone had kindly sent an email about the pavers along the same lines as posted by others here.

Just regarding your query regarding the pavers, I received a letter last week from Brendon Gale stating that some of the pavers had been damaged when they were taken up and put into storage.  The club will pay to have any repairs to the pavers that were damaged and the all of the pavers will be put down once the ground etc has been reconfigured which it stated in the letter would be finished sometime next year.