Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 402901 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
Hi Stig,

Are we planning on changing our Clash jumper?

Going by the "Dreamtime Guernsey" comp flyer we are as the template for the comp is showing a different (extremely UGLY btw) look to the current jumper.

Are members going to get a say on any change outside of getting to vote on the final 5 in the "dreamtime guernsey" comp?

The current clash jumper like it or not was chosen by the members via an online vote.

So if the club is considering a change isn't it reasonable to think that we should get some sort of say  :huh

Especially considering we've told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Thanks
WP

There will be a change next year, and the design has already been finalised for both AFL and VFL clash guernseys.
RE: not asking members, I obviously don't design the guernsey, but on some decisions, if not a lot of the decisions the members need to trust what we are doing with the brand.

Extremely disappointing. The new clash is worse than the current (that was voted for in 2006). The club should've done the right thing and put it to a poll like we did in 2006. It's not that hard to do but Kooga are obviously tossers to deal with.

We are still using our 2013 old pre season gear to train with. This wouldn't happen with other apparel manufacturers but it does with kooga or whatever they're called now. and then the club goes and resigns with them till 2017 :banghead
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
There will be a change next year, and the design has already been finalised for both AFL and VFL clash guernseys.
RE: not asking members, I obviously don't design the guernsey, but on some decisions, if not a lot of the decisions the members need to trust what we are doing with the brand.

Fair point Stig but as I said when the Club had to first find a clash jumper it gave the members a say, there was an on-line vote.

Club came up with for memory 3 designs and then the members had the final say as it was a massive decision and the club gave the members a say in chosing the one they wanted. This decision to allow members a vote on it was done based on the club's own research and member feedback that showed the Club what things were the most important to the membership.

So now it appears to me at least that the Club has backflipped on this and the wishes of the membership is not being considered because it's all about the "brand" and the clubs ability to market said brand is the main focus.

Yes we need to trust the club on certain decisions that's a given because that's what they are empowered to do

But at the same time I just think the club should acknowledge, respect and trust it's members and their undestanding of the "brand" too.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »
Extremely disappointing. The new clash is worse than the current (that was voted for in 2006). The club should've done the right thing and put it to a poll like we did in 2006. It's not that hard to do but Kooga are obviously tossers to deal with.

Gee you say some really stupid things  ::) KooGa (now BLK) don't design the jumpers; the club does, club gives the design to the manufacturer and they produce samples, club reveiws it and then once final design is agreed too the manufacturer produces it.

But I do agree with you (obviously) re the about the members getting a say

We are still using our 2013 old pre season gear to train with. This wouldn't happen with other apparel manufacturers but it does with kooga or whatever they're called now. and then the club goes and resigns with them till 2017 :banghead

Again agree with you about the club still using the KooGa branded stuff, poor effort from the BLK not having it ready for the start of pre-season. 

But FYI all other clubs sponsored by KooGa/BLK (read Bulldogs and Lions) have their new gear. Actually for someone who follows what other clubs are doing I am surprsied you didn't notice that  ;D

So the question should be why do these other BLK sponsored clubs have their and we don't?

On you other point about it wouldn't' happen with any other apparel supplier, suggest you have a look at a few other clubs and you might be surprised  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: November 29, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »

Gee you say some really stupid things  ::) KooGa (now BLK) don't design the jumpers; the club does, club gives the design to the manufacturer and they produce samples, club reveiws it and then once final design is agreed too the manufacturer produces it.

But I do agree with you (obviously) re the about the members getting a say

Again agree with you about the club still using the KooGa branded stuff, poor effort from the BLK not having it ready for the start of pre-season. 

But FYI all other clubs sponsored by KooGa/BLK (read Bulldogs and Lions) have their new gear. Actually for someone who follows what other clubs are doing I am surprsied you didn't notice that  ;D

So the question should be why do these other BLK sponsored clubs have their and we don't?

On you other point about it wouldn't' happen with any other apparel supplier, suggest you have a look at a few other clubs and you might be surprised  ;D

Doesn't happen with the big manufacturers like NIKE or ADIDAS. Face it kooga is just a cheap povo company that makes sub standard apparel

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: November 29, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »
lol

it's all overpriced product made by cheap third world labor working in crappy conditions
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: November 29, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
lol

it's all overpriced product made by cheap third world labor working in pooty conditions
This!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #682 on: November 29, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
lol

it's all overpriced product made by cheap third world labor working in pooty conditions

Santa little elves

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: November 29, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
lol

You're right al

It all comes out of the same sweat shops, all brands including Adidas & Nike

Just dont' tell Mrakov  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #684 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
Doesn't happen with the big manufacturers like NIKE or ADIDAS.

Really doesn't happen with Adidas? Ever?

Cetainly did a few weeks back when one of their clubs hit the first week of pre-season training in 2013 pre-season gear  ;) :rollin

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: November 29, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »
lol

You're right al

It all comes out of the same sweat shops, all brands including Adidas & Nike

Just dont' tell Mrakov  ;D

Then why is Kooga stuff much worse quality ? Must be on a higher wage at the adidas sweatshop. Seriously the kooga gear is best and less material

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
Hi Stig,

Going by the "Dreamtime Guernsey" comp flyer we are as the template for the comp is showing a different (extremely UGLY btw) look to the current jumper.

Are members going to get a say on any change outside of getting to vote on the final 5 in the "dreamtime guernsey" comp?

The current clash jumper like it or not was chosen by the members via an online vote.

So if the club is considering a change isn't it reasonable to think that we should get some sort of say  :huh

Especially considering we've told many times over the last 12 months that the RFC exists because of its members

Thanks
WP

We have the 2014 gear but were waiting to give it all out as a group to everyone on the list at once, our decision not BLK's.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: November 29, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »
Hi Stig,

Thanks
WP

We have the 2014 gear but were waiting to give it all out as a group to everyone on the list at once, our decision not BLK's.

Why ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #688 on: November 29, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
Then why is Kooga stuff much worse quality ? Must be on a higher wage at the adidas sweatshop. Seriously the kooga gear is best and less material

I buy new gear every year

And I can say that the KooGa stuff quality wise has been some of the best stuff we've had. Exceptional quality and vlaue for $$$

Much better than the Reebok stuff and the Nike stuff we had back in the early 2000's

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: November 29, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »

I buy new gear every year

And I can say that the KooGa stuff quality wise has been some of the best stuff we've had. Exceptional quality and vlaue for $$$

Much better than the Reebok stuff and the Nike stuff we had back in the early 2000's

Yeah $150 for a $20 hoody is super value