Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399543 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
Also has a hard copy of the year book been produced? When it was announced (via email) that you'd receive them electronically there was an option that you could still get a hard copy. I selected that option and still haven't received one

Don't believe they are producing a hard copy this year. That checkbox was a few years ago wasn't it?

Pretty sure it was last year and related the "Fighting tiger" Magazine which the year book is falls under I reckon   :-\

If they are not producing it then I come back to one of my old chestnut questions what about those members who don't have email (and yes there are some folks that don't)

Personally I'd prefer a hardcopy and I'd argue that there are some things the club should just do. I understand they want to keep costs down but there are somethings that the cost should not be a factor. It's a balancing act for sure but they appear to be IMHO targeting the wrong things/areas.

And before Stig comes on here and tells me you can print the yearbook in "pdf" form, I've done that and the quality is average at best  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: January 16, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
then buy a decent printer, after all, there are some things that cost shouldn't be a factor
 :outtahere
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #752 on: January 16, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
then buy a decent printer, after all, there are some things that cost shouldn't be a factor
 :outtahere

:lol :lol

The Laser Colour Printer in the study is only 4 months old because we needed a new one and because cost shouldn't be and wasn't a factor  ;) ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Hey Stig

Adding to WP's question above, I was told yesterday (my father - Gold Member) that there is no option when renewing on the web to select "manual" renewal, that you could only choose "automatic".  I can't check that because my membership is automatic and monthly.  Can you confirm if this is the case and if so how do you choose "manual"?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #754 on: January 16, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »
I'm gonna buy a 3d printer and print out an adidas version of the 2014 Richmond jumper + adidas Richmond apparel.

Then I'll be the only one wearing quality merchandise at RFC games
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

« Reply #755 on: January 16, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
I can understand them not printing the Fighting Tiger etc but to not  print and send out a 1 page renewal form is very very cheap from the club. The club has signed 40,000 members already that means at best theres 30,000-35,000 members who havent renewed. At $0.60 for postage thats just $21,000 in total add some costs for the envelopes and the printing, lets say $30,000 all up. The club just made a truckload of cash. I think its poor.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: January 16, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »
Hey Stig

Adding to WP's question above, I was told yesterday (my father - Gold Member) that there is no option when renewing on the web to select "manual" renewal, that you could only choose "automatic".  I can't check that because my membership is automatic and monthly.  Can you confirm if this is the case and if so how do you choose "manual"?

Yep, as posted below.
In the same vein, I went online to renew my membership and was given two options for future payments:
1) committed tiger monthly payment or
2) committed tiger annual payment.

I added a message to say I was not happy that the club had presumed I would renew my membership.
While I have continued to buy a membership for over ten years, I hate the idea that the club has decided I will be a committed member in the future.
It's my bloody money and I want to decide how I spend it in the future.
I have just got an email telling me that those are the only two options for online renewal and if I don't want to commit for the future I can renew over the phone.
IMO a very arrogant way to treat members who are renewing, surely it's not that hard to keep the future committment part as an option.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: January 17, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Thanks RT.  The old man will be happy that he's not going senile and he got it correct but I agree 100% with what you say - it is arrogance to remove that option.  I don't understand why businesses in general often make it harder and brick build walls when all you want to do is spend some of your money with them.   :-\   :banghead

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: January 18, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
Hey Stig

An issue with the Ticketmaster system we use online, you will need to call up and do it over the phone.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: January 19, 2014, 09:33:25 AM »
Ta. Are there plans to fix it or are we stuck with it?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: January 19, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
What's going on with punt road oval and the jack dyer stand... We're supposed to play a praccy vs Essendrugs there soon and it looks like nothing has happened

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
I can understand them not printing the Fighting Tiger etc but to not  print and send out a 1 page renewal form is very very cheap from the club. The club has signed 40,000 members already that means at best theres 30,000-35,000 members who havent renewed. At $0.60 for postage thats just $21,000 in total add some costs for the envelopes and the printing, lets say $30,000 all up. The club just made a truckload of cash. I think its poor.

We have sent out emails so far, if members have not renewed by February we will then mail out.  :gotigers

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: January 19, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
Ta. Are there plans to fix it or are we stuck with it?

We are stuck with it till they fix it.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »
Hi Stig,

Also has a hard copy of the year book been produced? When it was announced (via email) that you'd receive them electronically there was an option that you could still get a hard copy. I selected that option and still haven't received one

Ta
WP

Bump  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
We might as well ask why they aren't wearing BLK yet. Still wearing kooga guernseys and shorts. It's January 20!