Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399715 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
We might as well ask why they aren't wearing BLK yet. Still wearing kooga guernseys and shorts. It's January 20!

They're in BLK training gear - shirts, shorts, hoodies, etc, just not playing jumpers.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: January 20, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Hi Stig,

Also has a hard copy of the year book been produced? When it was announced (via email) that you'd receive them electronically there was an option that you could still get a hard copy. I selected that option and still haven't received one

Ta
WP

Bump  ;D

I'll look into it but don't think that option was ever available, we haven't and won't be printing any.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2014, 01:31:51 PM »
We might as well ask why they aren't wearing BLK yet. Still wearing kooga guernseys and shorts. It's January 20!

They're in BLK training gear - shirts, shorts, hoodies, etc, just not playing jumpers.

I thought I saw them in BLK grey singlets.. Any reason why they aren't being worn? When will we see kooga completely gone from our apparel
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #768 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
I'll look into it but don't think that option was ever available, we haven't and won't be printing any.

That's disappointing and dare I say it wrong IMHO. 

What about those folks who don't have email? They get zilch? Not really fair on them  :-\

I will confess I keep them, have a great collection going but that's obviously ended now  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

I thought I saw them in BLK grey singlets.. Any reason why they aren't being worn? When will we see kooga completely gone from our apparel

Hopefully very soon, just need to finalise the shorts sponsor.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

Hopefully a big name although that doesn't explain why they aren't wearing the blk pre season singlets. I thought that's what they wear in the pre season. I've never seen us wear actual guernseys in the pre season like we are now

Thought it was singlets in the pre season and the grey and yellow training guernseys with the tiger head in the actual season training.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
Ta. Are there plans to fix it or are we stuck with it?

We are stuck with it till they fix it.

The design of the online membership renewal assists the membership department in forcing members to be have monies deducted automatically at set times.
As such it allows them to avoid having to ask members to renew each year and thus they can spend their time on getting new members.
Highly unlikely that the club's membership department would want any change to the present design.
Part of the lack of respect towards members that the Essendon member was complaining about at their AGM.
When the professionals at the club are inside their bubble it is very difficult to see any other viewpoint but their own (or their professional peers at other clubs).
Richmond staffers really care about them but sometimes members are just too difficult to herd without forcing their behaviour.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #772 on: January 20, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »

Hopefully a big name although that doesn't explain why they aren't wearing the blk pre season singlets. I thought that's what they wear in the pre season. I've never seen us wear actual guernseys in the pre season like we are now

Thought it was singlets in the pre season and the grey and yellow training guernseys with the tiger head in the actual season training.

They're currently wearing them when not on the field - in the gym or when doing rehab. ie Chris Knights in this photo

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: January 20, 2014, 07:08:13 PM »
Ta. Are there plans to fix it or are we stuck with it?

We are stuck with it till they fix it.

The design of the online membership renewal assists the membership department in forcing members to be have monies deducted automatically at set times.
As such it allows them to avoid having to ask members to renew each year and thus they can spend their time on getting new members.
Highly unlikely that the club's membership department would want any change to the present design.
Part of the lack of respect towards members that the Essendon member was complaining about at their AGM.
When the professionals at the club are inside their bubble it is very difficult to see any other viewpoint but their own (or their professional peers at other clubs).
Richmond staffers really care about them but sometimes members are just too difficult to herd without forcing their behaviour.

We do want to change the present design, being able to do it online is much better for us than receiving 800 phone calls the day before people automatically roll over.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #774 on: January 20, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Hey Stig

Adding to WP's question above, I was told yesterday (my father - Gold Member) that there is no option when renewing on the web to select "manual" renewal, that you could only choose "automatic".  I can't check that because my membership is automatic and monthly.  Can you confirm if this is the case and if so how do you choose "manual"?

An issue with the Ticketmaster system we use online, you will need to call up and do it over the phone.

Hi Richmond twitter guy.
Can I just say that was a totally inadequate response to Smokey's concerns.

'Hey Smokey, PM me your Dad's details and I will arrange for someone from the membership department call to call your father to sign him up straight away'

would have been a more appropriate response for a Gold member. If it is indeed 'an issue' with the Ticketmaster webpage, why hasn't the club notified anyone and why isn't it being more proactive about contacting affected members, rather than blithely telling them that over the phone is the only way to do year-to-year memberships this year.

I have got concerns about this matter as a whole, it is tricking the elderly, the lead in emails are false too, they invite to "Renew your 2014 membership" when in fact when you click through to end the only option is to subscribe to a lifetime membership. False advertising on the email and that's putting it lightly, the club needs to pull it's head in.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #775 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:21 AM »
Hey Stig

Adding to WP's question above, I was told yesterday (my father - Gold Member) that there is no option when renewing on the web to select "manual" renewal, that you could only choose "automatic".  I can't check that because my membership is automatic and monthly.  Can you confirm if this is the case and if so how do you choose "manual"?

An issue with the Ticketmaster system we use online, you will need to call up and do it over the phone.

Hi Richmond twitter guy.
Can I just say that was a totally inadequate response to Smokey's concerns.

'Hey Smokey, PM me your Dad's details and I will arrange for someone from the membership department call to call your father to sign him up straight away'

would have been a more appropriate response for a Gold member. If it is indeed 'an issue' with the Ticketmaster webpage, why hasn't the club notified anyone and why isn't it being more proactive about contacting affected members, rather than blithely telling them that over the phone is the only way to do year-to-year memberships this year.

I have got concerns about this matter as a whole, it is tricking the elderly, the lead in emails are false too, they invite to "Renew your 2014 membership" when in fact when you click through to end the only option is to subscribe to a lifetime membership. False advertising on the email and that's putting it lightly, the club needs to pull it's head in.

His message seemed as if it was already taken care of, as in if Smokey's dad is on the rollover account which it seems like he is, he's already been debited and is a 2014 member.

The last thing we're trying to do is trick anyone, it's simply for convenience so members can pay $10 a month over 11 months instead of $130 (or whatever it may be) in one go, and a lot of members love it. The ones that don't call up and opt out.

The issue with Essendon making a purely optional donation ticked by default has raised the issue for us, but ours is a different scenario as we email people and let them know they have an opt out option before we debit anything.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: January 21, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
His message seemed as if it was already taken care of, as in if Smokey's dad is on the rollover account which it seems like he is, he's already been debited and is a 2014 member.

The last thing we're trying to do is trick anyone, it's simply for convenience so members can pay $10 a month over 11 months instead of $130 (or whatever it may be) in one go, and a lot of members love it. The ones that don't call up and opt out.

The issue with Essendon making a purely optional donation ticked by default has raised the issue for us, but ours is a different scenario as we email people and let them know they have an opt out option before we debit anything.

Yep, "already taken care of".
A gold member, as am I, upset at his treatment by the club forcing him to commit to continuing membership when renewing online.
This is a NEW situation.
In the past I would get a mailed option to renew or upgrade my membership - funny how there was never an option to downgrade my membership - and I simply chose my option. 

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #777 on: January 21, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »
Not sending paper renewals would be saving the club a tonne of coin. Smart move imo

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #778 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »
Not sending paper renewals would be saving the club a tonne of coin. Smart move imo

They are making a truck load of coin thanks to in part their members and supporters

Think they can afford it and few other things (read member benefits) that seem to have gone by the wayside in the name of saving some coin

Yep, "already taken care of".
A gold member, as am I, upset at his treatment by the club forcing him to commit to continuing membership when renewing online.
This is a NEW situation.
In the past I would get a mailed option to renew or upgrade my membership - funny how there was never an option to downgrade my membership - and I simply chose my option. 

Yep that is the issue here  :clapping

I hope the Club isn't just paying attention to positive results of the members surveys (saw the article boasting about the Clubs success regarding m'ship in the survey) and have actually received some of the negative feedback (comments) that would have been in there outside the fiasco that was final ticketing last year

I think there are a few unhappy folks with how this year's membership renewals have been handled
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
Yep that is the issue here  :clapping

I hope the Club isn't just paying attention to positive results of the members surveys (saw the article boasting about the Clubs success regarding m'ship in the survey) and have actually received some of the negative feedback (comments) that would have been in there outside the fiasco that was final ticketing last year

I think there are a few unhappy folks with how this year's membership renewals have been handled

What member benefits would you like to see return or improve?

And aside from paper renewals being sent out in Feb instead of November, how has this years renewal process been different?