Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 402900 times)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »
* The Club go back to offering a membership cateogry for people who cannot get to any games. There are people who simply cannot get to games eg the elderly, folks living in places where they've go no hope of getting to a game. These people are being ignored. IMHO the 3 game membership doesn't cut it. $85 (*or whatever it costs) for access to 3 games they can't attend means they are paying $85* for a plastic card, sticker sheet and lanyard

I'm confused.

So are you saying that the fact that they can attend 3 games is insulting for them because they can't get there? So if they were charged $85 and denied access to any games that would be a better option?

Or are you suggesting there should be a membership for say only $30.

Or should the $85 membership have some extra stuff like hat and scarf but no games?

How much was the old membership option without games and what did those members get?

What would make this right for you?

I am not sure why you would be confused.

I think I've explained it clearly a number of times

If you read my reply to Ramps (a couple of posts back) I think I explain pretty clearly what I am talking about and what was on offer previously for around the same price

So I am not sure which part of it don't you understand or isn't clear enough

So I will repeat it again

IMHO the Club should offer a membership category for those people who for whatever reason cannot get to games. Facts are there are people who cannot get to games. So I ask (again) what benefit/incentive is a 3 game membership for them?

I have no problem with the club selling the 3 game membership it's a great idea for those who can only get to a couple of games a year

But again I come back to what about people who cannot get to any games? Surely these people deserve some sort of membership that makes them feel part of the club?

What I am suggesting is they have a membership category at around the same price as the 3 gamer but doesn't give them game access but gives them other stuff. They did it before and stopped it

I hate using my late Mother as example but as she got older she couldn't attend games anymore; even when we took her as a "disabled" person. In the end she simply couldn't go. It broke her heart not being able to go the footy (broke mine too BTW) because she loved going to the footy. When we got to that stage of her not being able attend games she still had an option to be a member but under the "On the Bench". That package meant something to her; she felt part of the club. She happily paid the money, she would tell friends she was still a member because they looked after her

Can I add: I volunteer and I take one of my dogs to visit an Aged Care Facility and the number of folks there who love footy but obivously can't go to games anymore and are no longer members of their clubs has genuinely surprised me.

I want people like that to have an option that gives them value for the $$$. Giving them access to something they will never use is not value

Ok, but I am still confused.

What should the club be giving these people instead of the 3 game access? So my question is, should it be cheaper membership or should there be other things offered for the money. What would satisfy people?

If I remember, these memberships were around a few years ago and they didn't include access to games. The club changed the membership to include 3 game access and I didn't think the price increased at the time. I might be wrong and am happy to be corrected.

So is an $85 membership without game access somehow more appropriate than an $85 membership with 3 game access that the member can't use?

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2014, 05:47:02 PM »
Arrgh, I'm not happy. It sounds like I am trying to get at you WP and I'm not.

What I need to help me out is some ideas. So I'll have a go.

A cheaper membership ($30?) without entry and with a cap or scarf or something and the fighting tiger mag and year book.

A membership for regional people which does not include access but includes the AFL domestic media package (live games etc over the internet) plus cap, scarf, whatever.

A membership for international tigers that includes the AFL international media package (live games etc over the internet) plus cap, scarf, whatever.

???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »

What should the club be giving these people instead of the 3 game access? So my question is, should it be cheaper membership or should there be other things offered for the money. What would satisfy people?

If I remember, these memberships were around a few years ago and they didn't include access to games. The club changed the membership to include 3 game access and I didn't think the price increased at the time. I might be wrong and am happy to be corrected.

So is an $85 membership without game access somehow more appropriate than an $85 membership with 3 game access that the member can't use?

I'm not sure why you are confused

I've answered

What I am suggesting is they have a membership category at around the same price as the 3 gamer but doesn't give them game access but gives them other stuff. They did it before and stopped it

Go back to my reply to Ramps where I give examples of what they used to do

Yes it was about $75. It was called "on the bench" but it gave the member more than a card, lanyard and stickers. You got things like pen sets, coasters, rugs, make-up bags for the ladies etc that was branded with RFC emblem

That's what I am suggesting

With "on the bench" you got the standard membership benefits = Card, Lanyard, Stickers, voting rights, Fighting Tiger Mag (in those days it was all hardcopy), inclusion to Rewards & Recognition, members cap

Then instead of game access you got something different every year. Over the years those members rec'd Coasters, pen set, throw rug etc

This year those in 3121 are getting a Rug, Swap Cards in their "3121 Exclusive membership package" (outside the normal Membership stuff).

What I am suggesting is they offer a membership package at say $75-$85 without game day access but with other goodies like what I've out lined.

Heck you can make it a keyring, or a scarf, or a small cooler bag. There are endless possibilities as to what you can get branded these days and the cost isn't massive and the profit margin for the Club would be close to 50% especially when you are already purchasing the stuff anyway and only need 1 artwork change. Go the Store web-site and look at the items in there and you'll find endless ideas

End of the day the Club used to do it and it was successful. They ditched it and replaced it this "Tiger Insider" 3 game thing on the back of the AFL not recognising that category in our membership numbers because it didn't give "game access". They want to increase revenues then offer something to people who cannot get to games, rather than just offering them something that is genuinely of no value to them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:28 PM »

I'm not sure why you are confused

I've answered

No you haven't. You've complained and then assumed I was attacking you.

You've made a vague statement saying "Surely these people deserve some sort of membership that makes them feel part of the club?" and "they have a membership category at around the same price as the 3 gamer but doesn't give them game access but gives them other stuff" which is the only part of your long post that even tries to answer my question.

What is stuff?

What I'm trying to understand is what this non access package contains.

I am sympathetic to you but if you are going to go to so much effort pointing out what is wrong I would think it would be good to put a bit of effort into offering a solution.

You don't have to, that's up to you. Perhaps it is entirely up to the club to come up with ideas to satisfy members. But they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Whatever they come up with is almost guaranteed to be not good enough. Perhaps that serves a purpose for the members.

gerkin greg

« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
i live interstate

i have a 5 game interstate membership + MR Club

over the years i've probably averaged between zero and one game attended on that membership

i still havent been to the MR club once

i still feel part of the club, as i would if i paid them for a piece of plastic that said "richmond groupie" on it that i hung on my ass

WP championing a group of members he/she is not part of, speaking for them and thinking for them

in the nicest possible way, FO WP  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: January 22, 2014, 08:17:03 PM »

No you haven't. You've complained and then assumed I was attacking you.

You've made a vague statement saying "Surely these people deserve some sort of membership that makes them feel part of the club?" and "they have a membership category at around the same price as the 3 gamer but doesn't give them game access but gives them other stuff" which is the only part of your long post that even tries to answer my question.

What is stuff?

What I'm trying to understand is what this non access package contains.

I am sympathetic to you but if you are going to go to so much effort pointing out what is wrong I would think it would be good to put a bit of effort into offering a solution.

You don't have to, that's up to you. Perhaps it is entirely up to the club to come up with ideas to satisfy members. But they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Whatever they come up with is almost guaranteed to be not good enough. Perhaps that serves a purpose for the members.

Firstly, I haven't assumed you are attacking me but granted I am getting frustrated. Just today alone I have posted about this what is it twice or 3 times and you keep asking the same questions so it's hard for me not to question whether you are actually bothering to read my replies. Or only reading and acknowledging what you feel like because I have clearly (well I think it's pretty clear) explained what they did offer, what they should offer, how much it should cost

Secondly, I don't raise this for me, I don't raise it for the sake of complaining. I raise it is because the Club IMHO is missing out on generating greater membership numbers by not catering for a specific group of folks. FWIW I haven't just posted about this on here. I have actually spoken to Membership about it. So I don't think I'm complaining or whacking them for the sake of it

Seriously is this the quote below not:

1/ explaining what they offered previously
2/ suggesting what could go in a non access package?

With "on the bench" you got the standard membership benefits = Card, Lanyard, Stickers, voting rights, Fighting Tiger Mag (in those days it was all hardcopy), inclusion to Rewards & Recognition, members cap

Then instead of game access you got something different every year. Over the years those members rec'd Coasters, pen set, throw rug etc

This year those in 3121 are getting a Rug, Swap Cards in their "3121 Exclusive membership package" (outside the normal Membership stuff).

What I am suggesting is they offer a membership package at say $75-$85 without game day access but with other goodies like what I've out lined.

Heck you can make it a keyring, or a scarf, or a small cooler bag. There are endless possibilities as to what you can get branded these days and the cost isn't massive and the profit margin for the Club would be close to 50% especially when you are already purchasing the stuff anyway and only need 1 artwork change. Go the Store web-site and look at the items in there and you'll find endless ideas

So based on the above "Stuff" varies year to year but in the past has included
throw rugs, coasters, pen sets, make-up case for the ladies,

I am suggesting items like that are the way to go. I've used the 3121 members pack as example of what they could use as "stuff"

So I am not sure which part of it isn't clear I really don't  :-\

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:49:25 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
i live interstate

i have a 5 game interstate membership + MR Club

over the years i've probably averaged between zero and one game attended on that membership

i still havent been to the MR club once

i still feel part of the club, as i would if i paid them for a piece of plastic that said "richmond groupie" on it that i hung on my ass

WP championing a group of members he/she is not part of, speaking for them and thinking for them

in the nicest possible way, FO WP  :thumbsup

gerks, you've missed my point

I am not "championing" as you put it for members like you. I am not thinking or speaking on behalf of those members like you. You make a choice, you accept what you get and you're happy to do that. Fan-bloody-tastic

But guess what ? Sometimes it's not about you and me. Sometimes it can be about those who don't actually have a voice  ;) So forgive me for even considering anyone else .. I know it should only ever be about how things effect me

I was asked a question by Stig, I answered and put forward an option/idea.

An option that the I might add Club was more than happy to have in place for a long time in the past.

Just think it's something they should consider bringing back because it's "money for jam" if it's done the right way and when it's all said and done for any club to be successful you need to be generating revenues.... this is just another way isn't it

But to make everyone happy I wont raise it again. Your message is received loud and clear!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »

But to make everyone happy ....

Well, that's never going to happen on this forum is it!

:fencing  :boxer   :cuddles

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #803 on: January 23, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Any chance you could get Houli to have shave like when he was at Essendrugs?

Was quite a good looking bloke before he grew a beard.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #804 on: January 24, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
Hi Stig,

How close are we to securing a shorts sponsor?

NAB challenge is only a few weeks away, will we have one in place by them  :huh

Thanks
WP

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: January 24, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »
Hi Stig,

How close are we to securing a shorts sponsor?

NAB challenge is only a few weeks away, will we have one in place by them  :huh

Thanks
WP

Hopefully  :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: January 24, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
Apparently it's SCP group

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #807 on: January 24, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »

Really?

SCP Group?

Or do you mean the SCF Group who've already been announced and are sponsoring our VFL side and going to be on the back of the VFL guernsey and on the shorts

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #808 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »

Really?

SCP Group?

Or do you mean the SCF Group who've already been announced and are sponsoring our VFL side and going to be on the back of the VFL guernsey and on the shorts

That's the one

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: January 24, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »

SCF are a great VFL partner, but no, won't be going onto our AFL shorts.