Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 753043 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3870 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
Ruanaidh,

As a white (olive to be exact) male I'm told with increasing frequency to 'check my priveledge'. Hence, I'm beginning to sense a bit of guilt that I am carrying around, largely for the decisions of my ancestors but also that my own hard work has indeed paid off and enjoy a good standard of living.

What would your advice be in these changing times that we live in?
Now's not the time for frivolity Dooks....it's time to turn ploughshares into swords [sic]...but if you want to hit your sophists with a metaphorical 'wet fish', ask them to read this book and GTFO: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1212328.They_Were_White_They_Were_Slaves

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3871 on: February 07, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »
MAGA ?
Yes my friend it is indeed.....time to roll-up the sleeves and eradicate from the collective consciousness the curse of Cultural Marxism and all it's permeations (feminism/feminised men/white male vilification/collectivism/welfare state and statism in general/ the eschewing of science for political ends and the relentless attack on the family as a cornerstone of society. Note. I didn't mention religion as I am agnostic, but so long as it isn't state aligned and not Islam I could put up with it I suppose. See you at the barricades!

PS........The screaming banshees in Politics and the MSM and already rehashing the anti-trump campaign style in response....didn't work then and won't now.
The MSM will help drive people in that direction.  The Sydney Morning Herald is already sharpening it's pencils.
I'll make another prediction now Harry. This new  Party will draw as many followers from the ALP as they will from the Coalition. There is a seething resentment of the mainstream body politic on behalf working class men of European stock just as there was in Michigan and Wisconsin.....and we know what happened there, don't we.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:59:34 AM by Ruanaidh »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3872 on: February 08, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »
Australia doesn't have a presidential political system. We also have compulsory voting unlike the USA, UK and most European nations which makes it harder for third parties and independents to win seats in the House of Reps where our government is formed.

Australia is not Europe nor America despite what the cultural cringers think  :sleep. Our demographics are different as well. The economic centre of the world is shifting towards east Asia and the Pacific. Bad news for old trans-Atlantic countries (Western Europe & Eastern USA) which have dominated world trade and power for the past 300-400 years, but good news for Australia as we are geographically in the region and will no longer be at "the arse end of the world".

Also traditional ALP voters, with the LNP in government, would not vote for another Conservative party. In any case, any disaffected working class voters would more likely switch further left to the Greens, to the far-right (One Nation) or to a high profile populist candidate (eg: Palmer, Xenophon, Hinch, etc.). Bernardi has no profile outside of SA and Andrew Bolt blog types. All Bernardi will do is split the core LNP base in SA and other parts of the country his new party challenges in. That only benefits the ALP. The current LNP government is a disintegrating rabble at war within itself. What will be interesting is whether Christensen, Abetz, Andrews & co. will follow Bernardi. If this really gets ugly then it could bring down the government and send us to the polls again sometime this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #3873 on: February 08, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
I would have preferred Bernadi to have joined One Nation so we could have had one consolidated Conservative party.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3874 on: February 08, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
I would have preferred Bernadi to have joined One Nation so we could have had one consolidated Conservative party.

Was never going to happen, One Nation is run by a woman.

Cori wants to take us back to the 50's when pig-iron Bob run the country.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3875 on: February 08, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »
ah, the good ol days when it was OK to bash your wife, poofs and anyone that looked different.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3876 on: February 08, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
ah, the good ol days when it was OK to bash your wife, sissys and anyone that looked different.

:lol

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3877 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »

Was never going to happen, One Nation is run by a woman.

Cori wants to take us back to the 50's when pig-iron Bob run the country.

Horrible dismissive view you have of him  :thumbsdown
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3878 on: February 08, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
ah, the good ol days when it was OK to bash your wife, sissys and anyone that looked different.

:lol

Ahh the good ol days of the fifties. The nostalgic romanticism of better times.

The good ol days. When the average lifespan was 60 years, 1 in 10 children died before the age of 5 the average education levels were til age 14.

The good ol days. When the world was on the brink of nuclear annihilation and you could get the death penalty even if you were innocent.

Ahh the good ol days. No air con, limited telephones, black and white tv and outdoor toilets in the backyard. Drink driving, no seatbelts and massive road tolls.

And forget overseas holidays - who'd want to (or be able to afford to) see the world when getting eaten alive by mozzies in gippsland was the destination of choice. 

Ahh the good old days. When meat and 3 veg, 7 days per week was good eating and you couldnt shop after 12 on a saturday or at all on a sunday.

The good ol days. When polio and smallpox ran rampant and smoking in your asbestos house was a-ok.

The good ol days  ::)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:08:28 PM by Dookie »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3879 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:02 PM »
I think people are at least still allowed to smoke in their own homes.....give it time thugh.....

Mobile phones cause cancer, are a social cancer and enable people to bother you all day no matter where you are, weekend trading exploits workers, food is now over processed and we have an obesity epidemic...tv is stupid & shyte, the world was safer when the West & the Soviet Bloc had all the warheads and cancelled each other out with Mutally Assured  Destruction.......pedos, murderers & rapists get slaps on the wrist and bail...at least an outhouse made you get some fresh air, now people hardly ever leave the couch...people live too long, many in pain and confusion, draining resources and contributing to overpopulation....

Yep what an age we live in.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3880 on: February 08, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »
I think people are at least still allowed to smoke in their own homes.....give it time thugh.....

Mobile phones cause cancer, are a social cancer and enable people to bother you all day no matter where you are, weekend trading exploits workers, food is now over processed and we have an obesity epidemic...tv is poo .the world was safer when the West & the Soviet Bloc had all the warheads abd cancelled each other out with Mutally Assured and clog d Destruction....(there was never going t be a nuclear war)...pedos, murderers & rapists get slaps on the wrist and bail...at least an outhouse made you get some fresh air, now people hardly ever leave there couch,, .people live too long, many in pain and confusion,draining resources and contributing to overpopulation....

Yep what an age we live in.... :clapping

And yet, our standards of living are higher and we have more choices.

What age would you prefer to live in Dio?

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3881 on: February 08, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »
Is it really higher or do we just think it is?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3882 on: February 08, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3883 on: February 08, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
Is it really higher or do we just think it is?

In terms of wealth, comfort, life expectancy, health care, education, access to neccesities and ownership of goods, i would say yes. There are modern day problems but overall things are better i would say.

Are homicide and sexual assualt rates really higher? I was just lookin at some stats which show stable rates per 100,000 persons since the early 90s. Others which show minor increases in some areas since the 50s but minor drops in others.

We are a pretty safe country. The media likes to hype things. That aside, i do think we should be smarter and tougher on how we deal with criminals.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3884 on: February 08, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »
There's pros & cons to both eras....if we travelled back in time we'd probably hate it because we're used to now....to the people from then it's all they knew and most were probably glad there was no Great Depression and WWII was over ....though maybe a few might have pined for the roaring 20's....at least in Australia where there was no prohibition....

- Thomas Sowell