Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751356 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4260 on: January 21, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »

ps. I didn't mention the federal election w.r.t to Latham. I said the NSW upper house quota is low (compared to the federal Senate). You only need 4.55% to win a upper house seat in NSW whereas you need 14.3% at a half-Senate election. It's why Latham and Leyonhjelm are now competing for the more getable NSW upper house. As Keating once said, always back self-interest :whistle .

John Locke (17th century philosopher) said if first.
I thought it was originally a Jack Lang quote who was one of Keating's mentors?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4261 on: January 22, 2019, 04:38:55 AM »

Always thought the aftermath of the next election would get ugly but never expected a mass exodus before the election.

:lol

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/fears-of-mass-exodus-liberals-brace-for-more-mps-to-quit-before-election-20190121-p50snk.html

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4262 on: January 22, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »
Oldfield isn't/wasn't close to Latham. Wasn't close to Hanson either, everyone knew she was the draw card back then. Now they've got her and a guy who actually knows how to speak coherently and put forward some policies that make sense.
They are a minor party, this is the start of their run in NSW. Give it time, grasshopper. 3 months ago you'd have said no one would be elected from One Nation in that state, now you're saying "ohhh 2 wouldn't be impressive".

Oh, so you voted for the Greens....:shh You voted for Latham, it's okay.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4263 on: January 22, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »

Always thought the aftermath of the next election would get ugly but never expected a mass exodus before the election.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/fears-of-mass-exodus-liberals-brace-for-more-mps-to-quit-before-election-20190121-p50snk.html

Good.... :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4264 on: January 22, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »

The Libs are getting desperate for credible candidates to run in the next election. The latest is a one time Labor president who was a Labor member for 20 years.

LMAO

:cheers

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-to-parachute-former-labor-boss-warren-mundine-into-marginal-seat-20190122-p50sts.html

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4265 on: January 22, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »
Mundine is okay. Labor has changed a lot in 20 years, 65.

Credders and Mudnine :cheers

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4266 on: January 22, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »
Lefties like '65 are just upset that one of their minority pets is actually thinking for themselves and isn't doing as they're told and  thinking or behaving like they're supposed to.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4267 on: January 22, 2019, 01:26:09 PM »
Lefties like '65 are just upset that one of their minority pets is actually thinking for themselves and isn't doing as they're told and  thinking or behaving like they're supposed to.... :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4268 on: January 22, 2019, 01:43:50 PM »
:shh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4269 on: January 22, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »

The Libs are getting desperate for credible candidates to run in the next election. The latest is a one time Labor president who was a Labor member for 20 years.

LMAO

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-to-parachute-former-labor-boss-warren-mundine-into-marginal-seat-20190122-p50sts.html

The guy they shafted to parachute Mundine into the seat has just quit the Liberal party and will run as an independent.

This is becoming farcical.

FFS bring on the election.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4270 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »
How is that an unexpected turn of events?

You lefties make me laugh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4271 on: January 22, 2019, 07:57:16 PM »
How is that an unexpected turn of events?

You lefties make me laugh :shh

Who said it was unexpected?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4272 on: January 22, 2019, 10:14:19 PM »
You seemingly being frustrated with the old 'FFS' and 'bring on the election' :lol

It's all good. You'll get a few years of Shorten/Albo :cheers

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4273 on: January 22, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »
You seemingly being frustrated with the old 'FFS' and 'bring on the election' :lol

It's all good. You'll get a year of Shorten, eighteen months of Albo and six months of Pilbersek. :cheers

e.f.a  :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4274 on: January 23, 2019, 10:08:05 AM »

LMAO

The guy they shafted to parachute Mundine into the seat has just quit the Liberal party and will run as an independent.

This is becoming farcical.

FFS bring on the election.

And now the Nats have come out and said they are running a candidate as well.

What an effing joke this Government has become.