Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751098 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4275 on: January 23, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
You seemingly being frustrated with the old 'FFS' and 'bring on the election' :lol

It's all good. You'll get a year of Shorten, eighteen months of Albo and six months of Pilbersek. :cheers

e.f.a  :shh
:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4276 on: January 23, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »
"Mr Morrison told Cairns radio, the replica would repeat Cook’s circumnavigation."

Except Cook didn't circumnavigate Australia.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/22/08/24/scott-morrison-outlines-year-of-celebration-to-mark-james-cooks-first-voyage-to-australia?ocid=Social-9NewsS

Not everything went according to plan, especially when Senator McKenzie explained that it was important that Australia Day be celebrated on January 26 because “the reality is, that is when the course of our nation changed forever. When, you know, Captain Cook stepped ashore”.

Except he didn’t.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a-senior-government-minister-made-an-embarrassing-blunder-about-what-happened-on-january-26-2018-9

:stupid

It's amazing how clueless some of our senior pollies including the PM and deputy Nationals leader are when it comes to knowing basic Australian history  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4277 on: January 23, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »

The Libs are getting desperate for credible candidates to run in the next election. The latest is a one time Labor president who was a Labor member for 20 years.

LMAO

:cheers

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-to-parachute-former-labor-boss-warren-mundine-into-marginal-seat-20190122-p50sts.html

The guy they shafted to parachute Mundine into the seat has just quit the Liberal party and will run as an independent.

This is becoming farcical.

FFS bring on the election.
The issue isn't Mundine and his past links. It that he is another captain's pick and not a Liberal party member who has been gift wrapped a safe-ish seat yet the Liberals continually lecture their female members that they have to earn their seat candidature on "merit".

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4278 on: January 23, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4279 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:47 PM »

Just heard an interesting rumour from a semi-reliable source.

Mundine is there to take votes from the Labor party in the hope that the Nationals candidate, a local high profile woman, will win the seat.

Apparently Mundine has been promised some sort of position after the election.

Rumour only but...

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4280 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:34 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4281 on: January 25, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »

Mundine has been accused of hitting his first wife.

Looks like he has finally found the right political party to join.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/warren-mundine-denies-hitting-ex-wife-after-marriage-breakdown-20190124-p50thu.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4282 on: January 25, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
Bob used to beat the shyte out of Hazel.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4283 on: January 25, 2019, 12:17:33 PM »

Mundine has been accused of hitting his first wife.

Looks like he has finally found the right political party to join.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/warren-mundine-denies-hitting-ex-wife-after-marriage-breakdown-20190124-p50thu.html

Ah yes, the old smear campaign  :cheers

We don't hear much about Little Billy Shorten doing the dirty on his Mrs. Or Tony Burke.... :shh

Bob used to beat the shyte out of Hazel.... :shh
:shh :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4284 on: January 25, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »
Interesting how Lefties suddenly have no problem with stereotyping a black fella as a woman basher when that black fella is on the other side of politics... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4285 on: January 25, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
The sick freaks will use anything that suits their agenda.... :shh

Not enough indigenous reconciliation in this thread......:shh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4286 on: January 25, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
You lot are getting desperate.

:cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4287 on: January 25, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
Would say the smearing of Mundine is coming from within the Liberals. Plenty of anger from local party members within the seat of Gilmore over his captain's nomination by Morrison.

Another poor week for the PM. They've also just found Matthew Flinders burial site in London. Even Flinders' spirit is ticked off with dopey Morrison trying to rob him of his major achievement this week :laugh:.

The remains of English colonial explorer Matthew Flinders have been located in an archaeological dig at a train station in central London.

Captain Flinders, the first man to circumnavigate Australia, was located among 40,000 human remains in an old burial ground near Euston Station.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/matthew-flinders-body-found-near-londons-euston-station/news-story/a3c210f5246027d585b9571f622b553f

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4288 on: January 30, 2019, 03:55:48 PM »

Always thought the aftermath of the next election would get ugly but never expected a mass exodus before the election.

:lol

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/fears-of-mass-exodus-liberals-brace-for-more-mps-to-quit-before-election-20190121-p50snk.html

Mass exodus eh? Cool story bro....

....meanwhile in one of your own favourite lefty sources of spam links The Age:

While still months out from an election, more Labor MPs have announced they will not seek their spot in Parliament again: eight Labor MPs will voluntarily retire, compared to the Coalition's seven

"In cases where there have been defeats there's been higher numbers of government MPs quitting than opposition MPs," psephologist Kevin Bonham said.

Ahead of Tony Abbott's 2013 win, 15 Labor MPs gave up their positions in Parliament - the most of any party at any election since 1990.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-says-the-number-of-retiring-government-mps-is-not-unusual-he-s-right-20190129-p50u9a.html

:shh :shh :shh
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:17:00 PM by Diocletian »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4289 on: January 30, 2019, 03:58:50 PM »
Lefties :lol