Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 750302 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4395 on: May 18, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
Unless there's something odd with the prepolls (unlikely as they usually favour the Coalition) then the LNP has won. Antony Green has called it a victory for the Coalition on the ABC. Now it's down to whether it will be a majority or minority government.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4396 on: May 18, 2019, 10:12:09 PM »
This result is about "What's in it for me"

Not how do we help others less fortunate than me

God help those who rely on the NDIS... :help

It is, what it is

Funny I should be doing cartwheels, those coalition tax cuts  :highclap. Great for me, terrible for my 21 year old niece
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4397 on: May 18, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
Shorten concedes...what a great result!!! The people have spoken so far. He ran a pathetic campaign based on tax reform and class welfare.

as good as trump beating hillary this is. Shorten shut the door on your way out you flog
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4398 on: May 18, 2019, 11:58:58 PM »
Election may be over that is true  but it wouldn't be the first time you have been wrong

#just saying

65 say something

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4399 on: May 19, 2019, 12:30:15 AM »

:shh :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4400 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:15 AM »

A stunning victory for greed and inter-generational inequality.

Personally I will be buying a few negatively geared houses and getting a share portfolio together to maximise my franking credits.

Might even make a habit to kick a homeless person at least once a week.

'65

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4401 on: May 19, 2019, 08:49:51 AM »
Thank stuff for that

Thought ‘65 would be rapt with Abbott losing his seat but no.

Only negative is now we have another term of ‘65 running his own anti liberal spam campaign

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4402 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »

Personally I will be buying a few negatively geared houses and getting a share portfolio together to maximise my franking credits.

'65

have another cry. You have shown you have absolutely no idea.

Going to enjoy a few more beers today and il have an extra special one for you.

a win against communism this was

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4403 on: May 19, 2019, 08:53:41 AM »
I’ll have one for him as well as he seems down on his luck.

The election was a vote on Shorten and thank stuff the electorate seen through him to the shifty little prick he is

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4404 on: May 19, 2019, 08:58:38 AM »
I’ll have one for him as well as he seems down on his luck.

The election was a vote on Shorten and thank stuff the electorate seen through him to the shifty little prick he is

his own voters disliked him. I even have family who are very high at the ETU and knew him personally. To quote He is one shifty bastard.

Shorten is the new Hillary. Enjoy retirement as he is finished now

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4405 on: May 19, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »

'65
Lol. More like one of the greatest victories ever for intergenerational equality

You are old for a lot longer than you are a teenager or early 20's person. As an old person who is retired, you have no capacity to increase your income if a government comes in and removes franking credits. My mum lives on $40k a year, no pension and 10% of her income is in franking credits. She now keeps that, thank God.

The young person has the capacity to make more of their life by working harder and smarter. It's up to them. Before they know it, they will be older and benefiting from the tax cuts the Coalition hopefully will be allowed to bring in.

This is a system that must be there. You must not punish those who have sacrificed their life by studying and working hard to reward those who can't be stuffed and would rather drink and party all the time. Sure, you must have a system that looks after the true underprivileged such as those with disabilities or no chance to get ahead, but not those who have a chance and refuse to take it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:49:34 AM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4406 on: May 19, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »
The advantage Morrison has is that both ex-PMs are gone. He has clear air.

The disadvantage he has is that he doesn't have a mandate for any change except tax cuts.

:cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4407 on: May 19, 2019, 01:20:26 PM »

Lol. More like one of the greatest victories ever for intergenerational equality

You are old for a lot longer than you are a teenager or early 20's person. As an old person who is retired, you have no capacity to increase your income if a government comes in and removes franking credits. My mum lives on $40k a year, no pension and 10% of her income is in franking credits. She now keeps that, thank God.

The young person has the capacity to make more of their life by working harder and smarter. It's up to them. Before they know it, they will be older and benefiting from the tax cuts the Coalition hopefully will be allowed to bring in.

This is a system that must be there. You must not punish those who have sacrificed their life by studying and working hard to reward those who can't be stuffed and would rather drink and party all the time. Sure, you must have a system that looks after the true underprivileged such as those with disabilities or no chance to get ahead, but not those who have a chance and refuse to take it.

And what about those older people who worked all there life, paid taxes and now have to live on less than 15k a year. You know that thing called a pension. Should they be punished because they weren't able to study? They do get punished. I am sure my late Mum would have loved to have had $40k or even $36k without the frankng credits a year to live off but she didn't. She didn't have the option to study. So she had no options. But an extra $4k in pension would have made a massive difference

The current system does not look after these people. It never has and is unlikely to in the future.

Don't get me started on the under funded NDIS. One of my brother-in-law has been waiting for his 2019 NDIS funding to be signed off since last November. It's constantly being delayed because of lack funding. Facts are it has been decimated over the last 3 years. And who knows  what happens with it next?

It's easy to say we need to have system that looks after the "true underprivileged"  but the system as it stands doesn't  And hasn't for a very long time

Maybe one day we will again start consider what's best for "the true underprivileged" first. Once upon a time we did, we don't anymore
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4408 on: May 19, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »

And what about those older people who worked all there life, paid taxes and now have to live on less than 15k a year. You know that thing called a pension. Should they be punished because they weren't able to study? They do get punished. I am sure my late Mum would have loved to have had $40k or even $36k without the frankng credits a year to live off but she didn't. She didn't have the option to study. So she had no options. But an extra $4k in pension would have made a massive difference

The current system does not look after these people. It never has and is unlikely to in the future.

Don't get me started on the under funded NDIS. One of my brother-in-law has been waiting for his 2019 NDIS funding to be signed off since last November. It's constantly being delayed because of lack funding. Facts are it has been decimated over the last 3 years. And who knows  what happens with it next?

It's easy to say we need to have system that looks after the "true underprivileged"  but the system as it stands doesn't  And hasn't for a very long time

Maybe one day we will again start consider what's best for "the true underprivileged" first. Once upon a time we did, we don't anymore
My mum and dad came to Australia in 1955. They were married only two years earlier. They sold any furniture they had to buy tickets to come here. They arrived with a small suitcase each. They worked their backsides off and sacrificed everything to build a future for their family. Never got any handouts from the government. Never went on any overseas holidays or even interstate holidays. Neither spent a cent on alcohol or cigarettes for many years. That is sacrifice. Dad passed two years ago. Mum is 88 and is still independent. Still spends money on private health insurance for herself. She can hardly walk but still perseveres. Why should she have lost 10 percent of her income? No wonder Labor lost. The very people that were their heart and soul have been deserted by them. Instead of looking after the worker who gives his all they have become slaves to the Greens whose policies will not make one iota of difference to climate change. Labor has lost the plot.

One of the problems with the NDIS is the number of people who shouldn’t be receiving any help are taking away the funding from those who truly need it. Too much money is also lost in red tape too. We need to be smarter at the way we utilise resources rather than splashing more money at them. The same goes on hospitals in general. The amount of administrative staff is ridiculous and they all receive a decent salary. Gone are the days of administration consisting of a medical superintendent and their deputy, the head of nursing and her secretary. Now we have the CEO and their entourage as well as a huge Human Resources sector. That is not where we want to see the health dollar spent.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4409 on: May 20, 2019, 11:46:36 AM »
where have the labor voters disappeared too?  :lol :lol So typical. As soon as the party suffers a devastating blow they are nowhere to be seen. Must still be crying in the corner and blaming queenslanders or others except themselves.

Phelps gone up in wentworth so that makes 75.