Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 750259 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4410 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:24 PM »
Dave Sharma tossing out Phelps is one of the biggest wins of this election.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4411 on: May 20, 2019, 01:18:53 PM »
The Watermelon Greens not losing any seats was a bad result...seeing those dangerous idiots destroyed would've gone a long way to restoring sanity in the nation's politics... :shh
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:23:55 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4412 on: May 20, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
where have the labor voters disappeared too?  :lol :lol So typical. As soon as the party suffers a devastating blow they are nowhere to be seen. Must still be crying in the corner and blaming queenslanders or others except themselves.

Phelps gone up in wentworth so that makes 75.

Certainly not crying. Disappointed in the result yes but crying definitely not.

Had a chance to improve so many things to make life better for others but the majority has "no, that's not we want" so we move on

Proud to say I stuck to the principles I have my entire life and that was not "What's in it for me " for me but what's going to be best for those who rely on us to make things better for them. So yes I voted Labour, funny though personally probably better off under the coalition but that wasn't important to me

I supported and voted  a fully funded NDIS, better deal for pensioners, better child care, better funding for schools and cancer treatments being fully covered under Medicare. Things that would make things better for others not me.

As I said the majority has said no to those things and being a democracy you accept it move on. You don't have to like it but you accept it.

This election has taught me a few things about where we sit as a nation right now.The vitriolic rants I've read on social media are scary, attacking people because they have different opinions and it is so sad. I will confess that's the most disappointing thing of all.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4413 on: May 20, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

This election has taught me a few things about where we sit as a nation right now. The vitriolic rants I've read on social media are scary and it is so sad. I will confess that's the most disappointing thing of all.

Mainly eminating from the far-left.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4414 on: May 20, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »

This election has taught me a few things about where we sit as a nation right now. The vitriolic rants I've read on social media are scary and it is so sad. I will confess that's the most disappointing thing of all.

Mainly eminating from the far-left.... :shh

Argh no....

Some of the coalition side have been worse. A few things directed at me have been disgusting

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4415 on: May 20, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »
What have they said to you WP?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4416 on: May 20, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »
Your personal experience isn't the whole internet...in fact it's pretty much the opposite, both sides may engage in abuse but only one does it with impunity and as seemingly standard practice...also it was fairly clear where the majority of the violence and vitriol in real life came from during the election and it wasn't the right let me tell you........:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4417 on: May 20, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
Im just glad we dont have the little union prick running the show

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4418 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »
Your personal experience isn't the whole internet...in fact it's pretty much the opposite, both sides may engage in abuse but only one does it with impunity and as seemingly standard practice...also it was fairly clear where the majority of the violence and vitriol in real life came from during the election and it wasn't the right let me tell you........:shh

Did I say my personal experience was? No I didn't but the vitriol came from both sides that cannot be disputed

Funny the left says the right was worse and the right says the left was worse

I have friends on the right who copped it and I defended them

Abuse for the sake of it is just wrong from either side

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4419 on: May 20, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
Yeah but now we get Albo or Plibedud taking over. Those freaks are even more left...:shh Imagine if they get up in a few years time.....:shh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4420 on: May 20, 2019, 03:26:19 PM »
Yeah but now we get Albo or Plibedud taking over. Those freaks are even more left... :shh Imagine if they get up in a few years time..... :shh :shh

Tanya Plibersek has announced she is not running.

Personally I would like Penny Wong to run for Labor leader.

:thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4421 on: May 20, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »
No surprise that tanya pulled out. Saved her husband the embarassment of his past catching up with him.

what taste she has in men. Billy Shorten and that criminal husband

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4422 on: May 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »
While the leftists emote the rest of us just vote.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4423 on: May 20, 2019, 05:50:46 PM »
 '65's  imploding.  :lol

:cheers

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4424 on: May 20, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
where have the labor voters disappeared too?  :lol :lol So typical. As soon as the party suffers a devastating blow they are nowhere to be seen. Must still be crying in the corner and blaming queenslanders or others except themselves.

Phelps gone up in wentworth so that makes 75.

Certainly not crying. Disappointed in the result yes but crying definitely not.

Had a chance to improve so many things to make life better for others but the majority has "no, that's not we want" so we move on

Proud to say I stuck to the principles I have my entire life and that was not "What's in it for me " for me but what's going to be best for those who rely on us to make things better for them. So yes I voted Labour, funny though personally probably better off under the coalition but that wasn't important to me

I supported and voted  a fully funded NDIS, better deal for pensioners, better child care, better funding for schools and cancer treatments being fully covered under Medicare. Things that would make things better for others not me.

As I said the majority has said no to those things and being a democracy you accept it move on. You don't have to like it but you accept it.

This election has taught me a few things about where we sit as a nation right now.The vitriolic rants I've read on social media are scary, attacking people because they have different opinions and it is so sad. I will confess that's the most disappointing thing of all.

I agree WP.
Israel Falou has an opinion too and just posted a quote from a religious book he actually believes in but he now doesn’t have a job and if you listen to the social commentary, he is the worst person since hitler. Only because he actually believes what is says in the bible and felt to quote it on his own Instagram page to the people that follow him.

Bill Shorten using religious beliefs as an agenda bringing up the Falou post and using it to try to bring down Scomo was the worst thing I’ve ever seen in the lead up to an election. 

Like you, I’m glad to see the end Shorten and hopefully he will, like Rudd and Gillard before him,  leave politics altogether.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.