Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766279 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »

Is picking parts out of a study and taking it out of context to suit your view just a right wing fascist thing?

Actually thats quite the contrary. Its a proven fact thats the tactic the left does. Like we seen in parliament today Chief government whip Joel Fitzgibbon does a meow call and all is fine labor don't even make him resign his role at cheif whip but when Bushby does it oh its sexist and he should resign completely.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2011, 08:05:24 PM »
you really think that there is a difference in these things between those of different political persuasions don't you?

All this poo goes on all the time. it doesnt matter if someone is a tree hugging greenie or a jew, black and sissy  hating nazi, and many in between.

they will always pick and choose what they want to see and hear to suit their own beliefs. they will have different standards for themselves and their mates to those they see as the enemy. most of the time their views will be determined by what their group thinks rather than actually making up their own mind based on what is presented before them.

and most of all they will think the other side only ever does wrong and their own side is only ever right.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
It wouldn't matter what policy the Government released on any issue, Abbott would/will just oppose it for the sake of opposing it (even if some policies were originally Liberal party ones ::) ). So it's pointless and a waste of time extending Parliament for an extra week.

Whats funny MT is that at election time both Abbott and Princess Fiona opposed a Carbon tax :lol kinda takes the ammo out of your Abbott gun eh!  :whistle

You can't tell me that Gillard did not deliberately delay her Carbon tax announcement to avoid political debate. Now She has 5 weeks to try and sell her clunker of a tax to the public.
It is also interesting that both Channels 9 and 7 originally refused to air Princess Fiona's address to the nation but when her toys flew out of the cot, Overriding the News Directors, the decision was made from the top to allow her air time. Are we in Australia or North Korea? Last time I looked, the Government does not control the commercial stations. But I guess they do dish out the licenses...Food for thought eh.

Well on 6:30 Sunday night I'll be doing my bit for the environment by starting Earth Hour a little earlier than sheduled!  :lol But if anyone tapes the Gillard Carbon tax preach, send a copy of it to all the Abattoirs in Indonesia so they can play it to the cows and send them to sleep prior to slaughter. wha wha wha hwha wha hwha hwha. A lot cheaper than stun guns!  :lol

Also another really funny thing out of Canberra today, The Greens are now making policy announcements on behalf of the Gillard government. Hmmm reminds me of a song....

"Puppet On A String" (Ode to Julia) The Bob Brown Remix....  ;D

Like a puppet on a string you hold on tight
You hold on tight like a puppet on a string
You hold on tight, you hold on tight

Got your education from just hangin' around
You got your brain from a hole in the ground
You come up, look around, for a will of your own
But you're mine yeahhhhh

Like a puppet on a string [x4]

With porcelain eyes and the mind of a monkey
Rode into town on the back of what looked like a dead donkey
So I do, to you, what a puppet master would do
Can you tell? Yeahhhh!!!

Like a pupper on a string
Like a puppet on a string

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »
Whats funny MT is that at election time both Abbott and Princess Fiona opposed a Carbon tax :lol kinda takes the ammo out of your Abbott gun eh!  :whistle

I wouldn't have thought so tiga. Problem with Abbott at the moment and has been since the election is he continues down his endless road on negativity. I think that was MT's point.

What I found funny this morning is that as opposition leader Tone believes he should be allowed the same air time as the PM to give his alternative to the carbon tax which we all no wont be alternative as such the next exciting instalment of "The artful Spin of how to Positively Deliver Negativity"

You can't tell me that Gillard did not deliberately delay her Carbon tax announcement to avoid political debate. Now She has 5 weeks to try and sell her clunker of a tax to the public.
It is also interesting that both Channels 9 and 7 originally refused to air Princess Fiona's address to the nation but when her toys flew out of the cot, Overriding the News Directors, the decision was made from the top to allow her air time. Are we in Australia or North Korea? Last time I looked, the Government does not control the commercial stations. But I guess they do dish out the licenses...Food for thought eh.

Gotta give you top marks for that one tiga; that's a ripper conspiracy theory. You are correct the Govt doesn't control the commercial stations and I doubt very much they would have ridden rough shot here.

I would actually think it has more to do with Chs 7 & 9 constant attempts to out do one another on the news front and trying to pitch themselves as delivering "real news" as opposed to ACA and Today Tonight fluff. Showing this "address to the nation" isn't going to improve their news credibility to the public one iota but that's another story

And let's be honest with ourselves here it it puts DWTS off the air for if only for 30 minutes it has to be a good thing doesn't it  ;D

Also another really funny thing out of Canberra today, The Greens are now making policy announcements on behalf of the Gillard government. Hmmm reminds me of a song....

But you're mine yeahhhhh

Can you tell? Yeahhhh!!!

Will pay that one
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

I wouldn't have thought so tiga. Problem with Abbott at the moment and has been since the election is he continues down his endless road on negativity. I think that was MT's point.

Last time I checked thats what opposition parties normally does in the first year after an election and guess what its working. Gillard/Labor are being beating in the polls. Plus last people I would be taking advice from on how to be a good opposition would be Labor they was in the wilderness for a decade before Rudd saved them and then they went and knifed him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »

Last time I checked thats what opposition parties normally does in the first year after an election and guess what its working. Gillard/Labor are being beating in the polls. Plus last people I would be taking advice from on how to be a good opposition would be Labor they was in the wilderness for a decade before Rudd saved them and then they went and knifed him.

That's true but even in opposition you still need to come up with some alternatives, the negativity wears thin after a while.

The opposition's budget reply is a perfect example .... it was a nothing  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

That's true but even in opposition you still need to come up with some alternatives, the negativity wears thin after a while.

The opposition's budget reply is a perfect example .... it was a nothing  ;D

Oppositions lay out there alternative policies on campaign trails and thats what Abbott has promised to do. So I for one don't have a problem with him holding Gillard and her government to account.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
so you'll be happy for labour to do the same when they are next in opposition, or will you demand they release their policies "now" ?

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
so you'll be happy for labour to do the same when they are next in opposition, or will you demand they release their policies "now" ?

I'll expect any opposition to be a good opposition and hold the government to account whatever party they are. Isn't that what our democracy is about. Governments being held to account.
Anyways back to Gillard IMO even if the carbon tax isn't as bad as Abbott makes out it will be I still think there's an underlining unlikeness feeling toward Gillard which I can't see her turning around.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »
with answers like that you are born to be politician yourself.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »
Oppositions lay out there alternative policies on campaign trails and thats what Abbott has promised to do. So I for one don't have a problem with him holding Gillard and her government to account.

I would have no problem with them holding the govt to account either because that's what they should be doing and it doens't matter which political party we are talking about here BTW

But currently that isn't what the current opposition is doing.

Part of holding them to account is showing/presenting that you are a real viable alternative govt to what we have, with leadership, vision and plans for the future, you show the public what you stand for, that you are indeed a credible alternative.

Currently all we get is negativity about anything & everything. Why? Where's the leadership, what do they stand for exactly? I am sorry but all this negativity it is nothing more than scare mongering. 

So while we have Abbott's & the opposition's daily whine of negativity we end up with more questions than answers. IMHO

10 FLAGS

« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »
Climate Change is a scam. The Carbon Tax is only being implemented because Labor wasted billions of dollars on Pink Bats, School Halls and now digital set top boxes amongst many others. Its a disgrace and so is the Resources Rent Tax.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2011, 12:50:07 AM »
It wouldn't matter what policy the Government released on any issue, Abbott would/will just oppose it for the sake of opposing it (even if some policies were originally Liberal party ones ::) ). So it's pointless and a waste of time extending Parliament for an extra week.

Well on 6:30 Sunday night I'll be doing my bit for the environment by starting Earth Hour a little earlier than sheduled!  :lol But if anyone tapes the Gillard Carbon tax preach, send a copy of it to all the Abattoirs in Indonesia so they can play it to the cows and send them to sleep prior to slaughter. wha wha wha hwha wha hwha hwha. A lot cheaper than stun guns!  :lol

But you're mine yeahhhhh

Can you tell? Yeahhhh!!!

:ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL
 :thatsgold
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:49 AM »
Climate Change is a scam. The Carbon Tax is only being implemented because Labor wasted billions of dollars on Pink Bats, School Halls and now digital set top boxes amongst many others. Its a disgrace and so is the Resources Rent Tax.
Climate changes Flags, its been happening in cycles for thousands of years. But its not man made. Australias policies and changes to the amounts we emit will make absolutely NO difference to the worlds temperatures or the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
If you were to stand on StKilda pier and pee into the bay thats about how much difference anything we do will have any effect on global temperatures.
........but the government wil make truck loads of money from it. :birthday
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:23 AM »
Typical Labor promising money hand over fist while raising marginal tax rates.
1 question I want to know. Is when this develops into an ETS how will the government afford to pay for all this compensation.