Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774604 times)

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »

You do know Gillard takes holidays and Swan fills in as PM like Bishop is filling in for Abbott currently while his on holidays don't you.
Just making sure that you unfairly don't discredit someone for taking the same amount of holidays as the person you support.

Good God, don't remind me, if Abbott is PM then Julie Bishop is a heartbeat away from the job.

Now that is scary.

:help

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »

You do know Gillard takes holidays and Swan fills in as PM like Bishop is filling in for Abbott currently while his on holidays don't you.
Just making sure that you unfairly don't discredit someone for taking the same amount of holidays as the person you support.

Good God, don't remind me, if Abbott is PM then Julie Bishop is a heartbeat away from the job.

Now that is scary.

:help

Swan is just as bad as Bishop so don't flatter your side of politics.
Swan is the most incompetent treasurer

« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »
Swan has half a brain, not sure about Julie.

:lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »

By having both Bishop and Swan being on either side of parliament it sadly just shows the real lack of talent we have in there running the country.

« Reply #484 on: August 08, 2011, 05:23:34 AM »

By having both Bishop and Swan being on either side of parliament it sadly just shows the real lack of talent we have in there running the country.

Too true.

All the really talented operators are getting paid heaps more than the PM to run businessses and work out how to minimise tax to increase profit for their shareholders.

:thumbsup

« Reply #485 on: August 08, 2011, 08:51:10 AM »

The report says Australia is one of the few global economies in good health as investors brace themselves for further shocks after the weekend's historic downgrade of America's credit rating to AA-plus from AAA by Standard & Poor's.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/australia-in-good-shape-if-another-crisis-hits-says-imf-20110807-1ihre.html#ixzz1UNz2H3pL

And this is from the IMF not the Labor PR machine.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: August 08, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »

The report says Australia is one of the few global economies in good health as investors brace themselves for further shocks after the weekend's historic downgrade of America's credit rating to AA-plus from AAA by Standard & Poor's.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/australia-in-good-shape-if-another-crisis-hits-says-imf-20110807-1ihre.html#ixzz1UNz2H3pL

And this is from the IMF not the Labor PR machine.

The IMF has been wrong plenty of times. . US growth is falling could very well go back into recession. If that happens Australia's growth outside of Mining exports to Asia will be under even more pressure.

Let's look at what our main trading partner is saying for a more true reflection of how this could be heading.
People's Daily, the main newspaper of China's ruling Communist Party, gave a bleak assessment of the potential consequences for China and other emerging economies.

"The lowering of the United States' long-term sovereign credit rating has sounded a warning bell for the international currency system dominated by the U.S. dollar," said economist Sun Lijian, writing in the paper.

The United States government may not be able to recover its top-grade credit score if its deficit continues to grow, Sun wrote in a brief commentary about the move.

"Yet the biggest victims may not be the United States itself, but other countries that have depended on external demand to amass national wealth -- be they Asian nations that depend on exporting goods or nations in Latin America and the Middle East, as well as Russia, that depend on exporting resources," he wrote.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/07/us-china-downgrade-idUSTRE77608120110807

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »

Just to clarify... Julie Bishop is NOT Deputy Opposition Leader, that as per the coalition agreement that title goes to the leader of the Nats Mr Warren Truss who would be our Deputy PM id the Coalition were in power. Which is a scarier thought than the idea of Julie Bishop being 2IC

Julie Bidhop is simply the Deputy leader of the Libs.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »

Just to clarify... Julie Bishop is NOT Deputy Opposition Leader, that as per the coalition agreement that title goes to the leader of the Nats Mr Warren Truss who would be our Deputy PM id the Coalition were in power. Which is a scarier thought than the idea of Julie Bishop being 2IC

Julie Bidhop is simply the Deputy leader of the Libs.

End of the day though Liberal policy is made from idea's from its grass root members at state conferences and vigorous debate in cabinet meetings not by union hacks in back rooms of the ALP headquarters and if they don't get there own way they knife the leader.

« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »

End of the day though Liberal policy is made from idea's from its grass root members at state conferences and vigorous debate in cabinet meetings not by union hacks in back rooms of the ALP headquarters and if they don't get there own way they knife the leader.

Yeah, right.

Grass root members making policy, who are you kidding?

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »
Markets are currently on a knifes edge. One wrong word by Swan or Gillard and we could see a sell off.
I fear its only a matter of time till Swan dribbles out the line of the carbon tax helping the markets.  :banghead :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2011, 01:28:20 PM »

Julie doesn't knife the leader she flys on the coat tails of whoever is the leader of the day because she hasn't got the courage to stand up to be leader ...or perhaps she just relises her limitations  ;D

She was deputy leader under Turnball and now Abbott

Markets are currently on a knifes edge. One wrong word by Swan or Gillard and we could see a sell off.
I fear its only a matter of time till Swan dribbles out the line of the carbon tax helping the markets.  :banghead :banghead

Markets have bounced back a bit since this morning's panic attack  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

Julie doesn't knife the leader she flys on the coat tails of whoever is the leader of the day because she hasn't got the courage to stand up to be leader ...or perhaps she just relises her limitations  ;D

She was deputy leader under Turnball and now Abbott

I see that ALP supports don't even attempt to stick up for the way they treat there leaders when they don't agree with union power brokers.

I fear its only a matter of time till Swan dribbles out the line of the carbon tax helping the markets.  :banghead :banghead

Markets have bounced back a bit since this morning's panic attack  ;D

AUD getting smashed. Markets are now down 2.66% low of the day

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:34:37 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
I see that ALP supports don't even attempt to stick up for the way they treat there leaders when they don't agree with union power brokers.

Sorry but you've lost me completely with this comment - what are you saying exactly :-\

I fear its only a matter of time till Swan dribbles out the line of the carbon tax helping the markets.  :banghead :banghead

Markets have bounced back a bit since this morning's panic attack  ;D

AUD getting smashed. Markets are now down 2.66% low of the day

Edited to correct quote

Yes just did another check - pounded, rebounded and now another whack
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:53:42 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »

Yes just did another check - pounded, rebounded and now another whack

Its worth jumping on a few shares at the moment though. Few bargains out there IMO. IMF has said AUD is 10-20% over valued.

"There is ample scope to cut the policy interest rate and provide liquidity support for banks," the IMF said in its annual health check of the Australian economy.

It said the Australian dollar AUD=D4 was overvalued somewhere between 10 and 20 percent

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/06/imf-australia-idUSN1E77503220110806