Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774627 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »

Another lying liberal bastard.

1965 I repeat once again there are bad eggs in both party's why you only pick out liberal ones and think your party is any better is just wrong.
Get off your high moral ground and look at Craig Thompson confronting a charity worker threatening her and making her cry.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
labor is gone. 100% gone at the next election and itll be good riddance to bad rubbish  :cheers

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »
labor is gone. 100% gone at the next election and itll be good riddance to bad rubbish  :cheers

Flag its unbelievable that ALP fanboys will stick up for Gillard instead of calling on her for the broken promises and mishandling of policy's that will in the long-term only hurt there working class voter base and turn off the next generation of voters.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #573 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »

Another lying liberal bastard.

1965 I repeat once again there are bad eggs in both party's why you only pick out liberal ones and think your party is any better is just wrong.
Get off your high moral ground and look at Craig Thompson confronting a charity worker threatening her and making her cry.

Totally agree with you on that tiger101

There are bad pollies on all sides and sadly the "quality" of them keeps heading south IMHO

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #574 on: August 16, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
TONY Abbott must step up from being an effective Opposition Leader to become a possible prime minister in waiting when Parliament resumes today.
The Opposition Leader has shown himself more than able to keep the heat on the Gillard Government, but his message has been largely negative.
If an election were to be held now, the Coalition under Mr Abbott would be swept into power in a landslide.

But there are signs in the polls that Mr Abbott is losing his edge over Ms Gillard as preferred prime minister.

Since returning from his overseas holiday, Mr Abbott has found himself in a mess much of his own making. The Opposition Leader has an ability to cut through to people's concerns, but he does so seemingly without regard to where this leaves him.

A leaked document revealing the Coalition will have to find $70 billion over four years to pay for its promises is serious for what it does not say.

Companies that buy carbon credits and will have to be refunded when the Coalition repeals the carbon tax will surely only buy sufficient credits to take them through to an election in two years. And there is also the foregone mining tax and paid parental leave scheme to be paid for.

Mr Abbott has a lot of explaining to do, and also needs to spell out how his direct action plan to reduce carbon emissions can be made affordable.

excerpts from The herald-Sun editorial

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/time-to-see-real-tony/story-fn6bn88w-1226115483001

and this from The Herald-Sun.

Mark my words the tide is turning.

:thumbsup

« Reply #575 on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »
SIX months ago the Coalition battled to find $2 billion it could cut from the Budget as an alternative to Labor's flood levy.
Now it is on a mission to find up to $70 billion.

Hockey confirms his razor gang is searching for up to $70 billion and says he makes "no apology" for the pain that could lie ahead, although he insists most of the money will be found by cutting government waste.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/libs-fiscal-plan-vital-as-hockey-must-prove-hes-no-ordinary-joe/story-e6frfhqf-1226115489496

That's $70 billion dollars in cuts to services to hand back the mining companies super-profits.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

How anybody can support the Libs beggars belief.

:cheers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
Tony Abbott will become one of Australia's greatest ever Prime Ministers just like John Howard. :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
Tony Abbott will become one of Australia's greatest ever Prime Ministers just like John Howard. :cheers

Well they've always joked that Tony is John "love child"  ;D

But sadly for Tony I doubt he will ever be PM - he'll get knifed  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
 :lol
tony wont even answer questions without a pre written script now.

what a buffoon.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2011, 07:52:46 PM »
:lol
tony wont even answer questions without a pre written script now.

what a buffoon.

Yes, the one time he drifted away from his three word slogans he came unstuck.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-15/tony-abbott-backs-down-on-coal-seam-gas/2840014

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/greens-back-abbott-on-coalseam-gas-mining-20110814-1isy7.html

Once again, how sane normal people can be sucked in by Tony beggars belief.

Tony is a dead man walking.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #580 on: August 17, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »
He's 20% infront in the opinion polls. He is gonna wreck Labor at the next election. Labor is finished. The sooner they get rid of Gillard the better. Theyd be better off sticking in someone like Crean. Gillard lol ... a commie running the country lol no wonder the countrys stuffed.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #581 on: August 17, 2011, 09:36:13 PM »
Notice today even the newspaper that is never critical of Tony had a whack = HUN

Said he needed stop with the negativity and show some true leadership as our alternative PM

He's 20% infront in the opinion polls. He is gonna wreck Labor at the next election. Labor is finished. The sooner they get rid of Gillard the better. Theyd be better off sticking in someone like Crean. Gillard lol ... a commie running the country lol no wonder the countrys stuffed.

Libs are digging themselves towards massive trouble over their $70 billion black hole and subsequent cost cutting. they aren't showing great fiscal management with no actual plan

2 years before an election, they don't sort out this mess they will be copping some whacks themselves 

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
Gillard and Swan need to stop worrying about the liberals black holes and fill there own because like it or not they banged on about this surplus so much they gotta deliver it.

« Reply #583 on: August 18, 2011, 05:45:03 AM »

Abbott's carbon campaign hits a snag

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/abbott-carbon-campaign-hits-a-snag/2843290

Interesting reading, I wonder if the truth will out?

:thumbsup

« Reply #584 on: August 18, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »

Senator Chris Back faces legal action after Indonesian abattoir bribe claims.

THE senator who claimed Indonesian abattoir workers were paid to mistreat animals for the cameras is being called on by his fellow parliamentarians to apologise and faces potential legal action after producing only a three-line affidavit to back up his allegations.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/senator-faces-legal-action-after-indonesian-abattoir-bribe-claims/story-fn59niix-1226117000721

Another power hungry lying Liberal caught out.