Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766308 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #855 on: January 31, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

You are too quick to jump on my comments sometimes.

Fact is that if he had said nothing then the whole debacle would not have happened.

Going by that rationale, if the reporter that asked Abbott the question re the tent embassy decided to go for a crepe rather than ask the ridiculous and provoking question she did, nothing would have happened either.  ::) How far do you want to go back on this 65? We could go as far as had the reporters father kept it in his pants on the proposed evening of conception, nothing would have happened either.

Fact is Tony A is a loose cannon when he is not tightly scripted.

Sooner Turnbull takes over the better.

Not sure who I want to replace Julia, maybe Shorten.

:thumbsup
Kevin '07 : so bad a leader even his so called mates knifed him. Julia, "I have more chance lining up alongside Barry Hall than becoming PM"
Julia Gillard : doesn't know what truth is. Can't make her mind up on any issue. Not a leader. Too influenced by others no matter how incompetent. And worst of all, agrees with Bob Brown sometimes. 

Bill shorten : maybe?  Or same smell different toilet? Or is it same toilet different smell?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #856 on: January 31, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »

what are you talking about here? Are you accusing me of inciting racial tension?
No, of peddling non truths to push a political agenda
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #857 on: January 31, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »

So 65 I put to you this question. In your own words, as a nation what do we have to do to constructively "move on" from the Tent Embassy?   

Yes it should be dismantled.

Clear enough?

But it doesn't stop me thinking that if Abbott had of been a little more circumspect things would have been different.

Too much politics in Politics lately (from both sides)

Don't like Julia but hate Abbott.

:cheers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #858 on: January 31, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »

what are you talking about here? Are you accusing me of inciting racial tension?
No, of peddling non truths to push a political agenda
Im confused....what was it I wrote that was a non truth?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
WP, the disgrace is that the media men in the ALP tried to manufacture racial tension by lying to people @ the tent embassy that Tony Abbott said something he never meant.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #860 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
The fact there's still so much carry on about what happened on Australia Day when there's so many other important  issues going on around us shows what's wrong with modern day politics and the media. When the pollies actually have to talk about major real life issues and should inspire the rest of us with a vision and policies to make this vision a reality they fail miserably like Abbott did today using words such as "aspirational" to avoid making any firm commitment to anything  ::). They are all two-faced :yep.

Btw as much as I think the vast majority of demonstrations are pointless and lack any focus, I still wonder why Gillard and Abbott were both literally dragged from the restaurant in that fashion by the feds. From the footage the only people in close proximity were the media scrum following them about 5m away and one old indigenous guy at the base of the steps of the restaurant.  As for people being surprised and shocked by aboriginal protests on Jan 26 - it happens every year as many are hardly going to celebrate that day nor anything with the Union Jack on it including the flag are they. We should be a republic anyhow with that day when it arrives as our national day but that's another topic.

re. that pic - "Pressure point, pressure point!"  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #861 on: January 31, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
WP, the disgrace is that the media men in the ALP tried to manufacture racial tension by lying to people @ the tent embassy that Tony Abbott said something he never meant.

.... And what is untruthful about what I wrote? I'll give you some proof to read.
http://www.news.com.au/national/julia-gillards-staffer-forced-to-quit-over-protest-leak/story-e6frfkw9-1226255658773

..you want more...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/gillard-adviser-tony-hodges-forced-to-quit-over-tip-off-which-led-to-protest-violence/story-e6freuy9-1226255796201

...and just in case...
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/mob-sinks-slipper-into-nations-day/story-e6freooo-1226255649572

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #862 on: January 31, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »
The fact there's still so much carry on about what happened on Australia Day when there's so many other important  issues going on around us shows what's wrong with modern day politics and the media. When the pollies actually have to talk about major real life issues and should inspire the rest of us with a vision and policies to make this vision a reality they fail miserably like Abbott did today using words such as "aspirational" to avoid making any firm commitment to anything  ::). They are all two-faced :yep.

Btw as much as I think the vast majority of demonstrations are pointless and lack any focus, I still wonder why Gillard and Abbott were both literally dragged from the restaurant in that fashion by the feds. From the footage the only people in close proximity were the media scrum following them about 5m away and one old indigenous guy at the base of the steps of the restaurant.  As for people being surprised and shocked by aboriginal protests on Jan 26 - it happens every year as many are hardly going to celebrate that day nor anything with the Union Jack on it including the flag are they. We should be a republic anyhow with that day when it arrives as our national day but that's another topic.

from all reports there were approx 200 demonstrators bashing the windows at restaurant. Good reason to get them out I reckon. I think it shouldve been handled alot better though by the Feds.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #863 on: January 31, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
What hodges did was was pass on information as to where abbot, and gillard it must be remembered, was. He did not incite the crowd, he never spoke to the crowd.

as in my original post which you quoted, but didnt seem to understand, the person who incited the crowd by wrongly informing them of what mr rabbit said was Barbara Shaw.

Once again;
I witnessed a man jump on stage and what he told her Tony Abbott was just on radio, and he was going to come out and take their tents down

this is from someone who plays for your team.

just in case i will repeat yet again, please read carefully.

I witnessed a man jump on stage and what he told her Tony Abbott was just on radio, and he was going to come out and take their tents down

Barbara Shaw stirred the pot and she is not a member of the ALP.

She admits and does not apologise for her actions being responsible for the mob mentality that ensured.

If Tony Hodges had lied, they would not have found Gillard and Abbot, as he revealed where they were.  :wallywink

It was not him that misrepresented what Dr No said, it was barbara shaw

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #864 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »

Fact is that if he had said nothing then the whole debacle would not have happened.

Going by that rationale, if the reporter that asked Abbott the question re the tent embassy decided to go for a crepe rather than ask the ridiculous and provoking question she did, nothing would have happened either.  ::) How far do you want to go back on this 65? We could go as far as had the reporters father kept it in his pants on the proposed evening of conception, nothing would have happened either.

Kevin '07 : so bad a leader even his so called mates knifed him. Julia, "I have more chance lining up alongside Barry Hall than becoming PM"
Julia Gillard : doesn't know what truth is. Can't make her mind up on any issue. Not a leader. Too influenced by others no matter how incompetent. And worst of all, agrees with Bob Brown sometimes. 

Bill shorten : maybe?  Or same smell different toilet? Or is it same toilet different smell?

At the end of the day, there's not much difference between one urine cake and another.

gerkin greg

« Reply #865 on: January 31, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
some you pjss on more than others in the hope they slide down the drain quicker

dwaino

« Reply #866 on: January 31, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »

At the end of the day, there's not much difference between one urine cake and another.

I wish it were like footy and we could trade or recruit politicians. I'd make a massive play for Ron Paul or Vladimir Putin.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #867 on: February 01, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
What hodges did was was pass on information as to where abbot, and gillard it must be remembered, was. He did not incite the crowd, he never spoke to the crowd.

as in my original post which you quoted, but didnt seem to understand, the person who incited the crowd by wrongly informing them of what mr rabbit said was Barbara Shaw.

Once again;

this is from someone who plays for your team.

just in case i will repeat yet again, please read carefully.

Barbara Shaw stirred the pot and she is not a member of the ALP.

She admits and does not apologise for her actions being responsible for the mob mentality that ensured.

If Tony Hodges had lied, they would not have found Gillard and Abbot, as he revealed where they were.  :wallywink

It was not him that misrepresented what Dr No said, it was barbara shaw
Are you "shaw" about that Al??
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/union-boss-kim-sattler-to-face-questions-over-her-role-in-the-tent-embassy-riot/story-fn59niix-1226258107753

why then has a former PM advisor quit & why then is a union official under investigation by her union as to whatever they said? 
Facts are that the whole thing was stupid, dirty and a discraceful.
Further evidence that the ALP and those connected to the ALP (greens & unions), cannot be trusted!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #868 on: February 01, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »

from all reports there were approx 200 demonstrators bashing the windows at restaurant. Good reason to get them out I reckon. I think it shouldve been handled alot better though by the Feds.
A well organised and extensive Police response should be able to handle 200 demonstrators (I've heard reports of just 50-100 were there) and should've created a well-fortified human-shield barrier between Gillard and Abbott and the protesters so the two leaders didn't need to be rag-dolled out of the restaurant to a waiting car. 200 is really a small protest compared to wild demonstrations over the years in say Melbourne where there's been up to 100,000 people involved where radical splinter groups have gone a rampage in full-on fights with police with cowardly face-covered morons throwing sharp objects and bags of urine at officers and dropping ball-bearings under police horses. Not to mention the willful extensive public property damage of past events such as S11 or outside the G20 meetings. Sheesh you normally get more than 200 people chucked out by Vicpol at the one-day cricket. From the footage on Australia day it looked like the police were way too thin in numbers when they responded. Mind you when I spent a month in Canberra back 1995 you hardly saw a cop anywhere so maybe that's all the ACT police and Feds had on hand  :wallywink.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #869 on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »

I wish it were like footy and we could trade or recruit politicians. I'd make a massive play for Ron Paul or Vladimir Putin.

I'd make a massive play for Ron Jeremy. We need some integrity in Canberra  ;)