Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774563 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: May 26, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »

Word is they are about to tap Julia on the shoulder and put Rudd back in.

Rudd will dump Slipper and Thomson and call an early election.

Rudd provides an immediate boost in the polls and catches Abbott with no policies.

Rudd won't win but will minimise the damage and this puts the senate out of whack.

A half senate election late 2013 gives Abbott lots of time to stuff things up.

:thumbsup

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1036 on: May 27, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »

And so it begins...

Gillard facing fresh threat

Misha Schubert
May 27, 2012
JULIA Gillard's prime ministership is again under threat, with Labor sources saying government whip Joel Fitzgibbon is now actively canvassing for votes to return Kevin Rudd to the leadership.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/gillard-facing-fresh-threat-20120526-1zc2r.html#ixzz1w16l2klo

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1037 on: May 27, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
what a complete rabble of a political party.

Like all other ALP voters your clutching at straws.

Rudd, Gillard, Rudd, Beazley, Latham, Gillard, Rudd. You blokes have fair dinkum lost the plot

Counting down the days till order is restored in this country and the ALP will disappear and be buried for a very long time
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1038 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Once again I am not a labor voter.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1039 on: May 27, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

Labour Greens same same

both parties are completely clueless and have no idea how to run a solid country without wasting tax payers money

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1040 on: May 28, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »

Labour Greens same same

both parties are completely clueless and have no idea how to run a solid country without wasting tax payers money

And you trust abbott and hockey to do a better job.

We are the envy of the world, low inflation, low unemployment and low debt.

Don't believe the crap from the Libs.

The big bad evil toxic carbon tax starts on July 1 and guess what...

The sky will not fall in. The punters will start to realise that they will be better off given the compensation they are getting.

The change in the tax free threshold alone will make a big diffence to millions of australians.

Abbott has been desperately trying to force an election because he knows this to be a fact as well

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

MT feel free to back me up with some stats.  :)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1041 on: May 28, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »

Labour Greens same same

And you trust abbott and hockey to do a better job.

We are the envy of the world, low inflation, low unemployment and low debt.

Don't believe the crap from the Libs.

The big bad evil toxic carbon tax starts on July 1 and guess what...

The sky will not fall in. The punters will start to realise that they will be better off given the compensation they are getting.

The change in the tax free threshold alone will make a big diffence to millions of australians.

Abbott has been desperately trying to force an election because he knows this to be a fact as well

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

MT feel free to back me up with some stats.  :)

I too was naive like yourself and too young to know the difference but i woke up to reality as you will also.

The ALP have done nothing good but spend spend and when you think they have nearly finished spending, guess what they spend again. Scheme after scheme after scheme has been wasted and we are the fools who have to pay for it.

The only positive thing i agreed  with was the $900 stimulus to boost our ecomony. Outside of that we are the fools who will now have to pay for their mistakes through a carbon tax.

How does it feel supporting a party who have to buy their votes. A party who has a bloke who "ALLLEGEDLY" wasted our money to get his dick wet, yet still hasn't been booted out. You support this rubbish?

The list goes on. You along with many others are in denial. Gillard is the worst PM, to ever lead this country.

Low inflation, Low unemployment, mining boom yada yada yada.  Last time i checked we were also in this position in 2007 when Howard left his post, so that old chestnut doesn't wash with me.

The ALP have just continued the ride that the Libs started

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1042 on: May 28, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »

Daniel

The only advantage in Abbott gaining power is that people like you will see him for what he really is.

cheers
'65

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1043 on: May 28, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »
Daniel, unless you are a member of the Health Services Union, Thomson did not spend any of your money getting his dick wet, alleged or otherwise.

Has the treasurer in waiting found the missing 60 million to fund their policies of not spending any money?

Has he learned the difference between an accounting firm actually auditing their costings and making an immoral agreement with the accounting firm that gives an impression one has been done, when it hasn't?

At the next election we will be out of the frying pan and into the fire.. I can see the country sinking back into the mire of the fraser government, which was worse than this current one by a long way.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »

Daniel

The only advantage in Abbott gaining power is that people like you will see him for what he really is.

cheers
'65

No 65 i dont believe Abbott will be a better leader. Im no expert but he doesnt strike me as having leadership qualities but next to Gillard, geez id take just about anyone.

I, like many have had a gutful of the failed scheme after scheme. The end is near for the ALP.

As for Craig Thompson Al, your probably right but who employed him and what was his job while he was allegedly sleeping with hooker after hooker. Who is paying for this investigation of this tosser. Ooh thats right we are.

The guy is garbage and should be treated like that.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1045 on: May 28, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

No 65 i dont believe Abbott will be a better leader. Im no expert but he doesnt strike me as having leadership qualities but next to Gillard, geez id take just about anyone.

I, like many have had a gutful of the failed scheme after scheme. The end is near for the ALP.

We have an economy that is the envy of the world.

Interest rates, unemployment and debt at record lows.

Don't fall for the Abbott rubbish.

You are too clever for that.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1046 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:06 AM »

And just on this debt nonsense the libs rabbott on about...

Lots of accounting stuff in the article which I'll leave that to the experts to decipher ( Hi MT  :bow )

But this little snippet stood out for me.

Coalition needs to yield on its broken-record debt warnings
TIM COLEBATCH
May 29, 2012.

The Coalition and its allies are like a broken record warning that Australia is swimming in debt and putting itself in danger. That is simply untrue. Ask yourself: if Labor's borrowing has put us in danger, why is Australia one of only eight countries rated AAA by all three global ratings agencies? Sure, ratings agencies make mistakes, as we all do, but are they that incompetent?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/coalition-needs-to-yield-on-its-brokenrecord-debt-warnings-20120528-1zf70.html#ixzz1wC9D8J9D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1047 on: May 29, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »
Another post.  :sleep

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1048 on: May 30, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
What a pack of wankers are this liberal mob

Abbott flees as Thomson votes with Coalition Phillip Coorey
May 30, 2012 - 10:09AM

Independent MP Craig Thomson votes with the Opposition during a division in the House of Representatives at Parliament House in Canberra
The exiled Labor MP Craig Thomson sent Coalition MPs running for the doors this morning as they sought to negate his support when he voted with the opposition.

In extraordinary scenes just after 9am, the opposition tried to suspend standing orders to debate the issue of debt.

The government moved to gag the debate and Mr Thomson, who has always voted with Labor since being exiled a month ago, instead joined the other crossbenchers who, on principle, never support a gag motion.

The Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott, and the manager of opposition business, Christopher Pyne, made for the doors but Mr Abbott was ordered back by the Speaker, Anna Burke, because it was too late to leave.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/abbott-flees-as-thomson-votes-with-coalition-20120530-1zi79.html#ixzz1wJ8z9Yix

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1049 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
I'd run from Thompson just to avoid getting cooties.

Here's Thompson as a child