Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774091 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1335 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
WP will be rapt

Paid Parental Liberal policy.

6 month salary up to a max of 75k.

even i know this policy is FOS and shouldnt see the light of day.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1336 on: May 07, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »
WP will be rapt

WP is expecting?

:o

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1337 on: May 07, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
WP will be rapt

Why would I be rapt?

You've lost me completely  :-\

WP is expecting?

Er no

Only new addition to our family lately was this little dude back in Feb

And try as we might we don't qualify for the baby bonus or any family allowances  :banghead :banghead just aint fair  ;D

***Must post an updated pic - little bloke is much bigger now at 21 weeks  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #1338 on: May 07, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
WP will be rapt

Why would I be rapt?

You've lost me completely  :-\

WP is expecting?

Er no

Only new addition to our family lately was this little dude back in Feb

And try as we might we don't qualify for the baby bonus or any family allowances  :banghead :banghead just aint fair  ;D

***Must post an updated pic - little bloke is much bigger now at 21 weeks  ;D

Can he play on monster full forwards? I know an AFL that needs one  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1339 on: May 07, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
I was being sarcastic WP :thumbsup  I know its not one of your favourite policies

Funny bugger Abbott though i reckon Tigers have more chance of winning a flag this year, than that policy passing through
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1340 on: May 07, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »

We are working on it

If being able to take out the legs of his big brother (our labrador) while puppy wrestling counts. Then he is showing alot of promise  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1341 on: May 07, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

We are working on it

If being able to take out the legs of his big brother (our labrador) while puppy wrestling counts. Then he is showing alot of promise  :thumbsup

Free kick to the Lab I think.

:lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1342 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
Got to love the neanderthal in Abbott coming out when his lines aren't scripted  :wallywink.

''If we want women of that calibre [those that go to university/earn $150k] to have families, and we should, well we have to give them a fair dinkum chance to do so. That is what this scheme of paid parental leave is all about.''

So his PPL scheme is about creating a master race with taxpayers money  :lol. Sorry ladies who don't fit that category. You're not a "woman of calibre" in Tony's eyes  :wallywink.

Seriously it a disgrace that this PPL scheme was even considered let alone made into a policy. More bloody welfare for those that don't need it :banghead.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1343 on: May 08, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »
Got to love the neanderthal in Abbott coming out when his lines aren't scripted  :wallywink.

''If we want women of that calibre [those that go to university/earn $150k] to have families, and we should, well we have to give them a fair dinkum chance to do so. That is what this scheme of paid parental leave is all about.''

So his PPL scheme is about creating a master race with taxpayers money  :lol. Sorry ladies who don't fit that category. You're not a "woman of calibre" in Tony's eyes  :wallywink.

Seriously it a disgrace that this PPL scheme was even considered let alone made into a policy. More bloody welfare for those that don't need it :banghead.

Why don't you email and tell Eva Cox she's letting down the feminist movement MT. She's saying the liberal policy is closer to the feminist angle then the current program.

Labor has reignited the misogyny war, with senior government ministers leaping on comments by Tony Abbott that women of the ''calibre'' of a university education should be encouraged to have a family and a career.
But the Opposition Leader drew an unexpected defender in feminist Eva Cox who described the reaction of Health Minister Tanya Plibersek and Finance Minister Penny Wong to his words as an ''over reaction''.

Ms Cox described that as an over reaction. ''Paid parental leave is a salary-related, work-related payment not a welfare payment. I think that's what Tony Abbott was trying to say in a somewhat clumsy way,'' she said.
''If it's a work-related payment it should be at a salary level. People off with the flu or on holiday are paid at the same rate. Why should a woman having a child be put on the minimum wage?''
Ms Cox described Mr Abbott's scheme, which has divided his party room, as ''closer to the feminist angle'' than others.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/feminist-lends-support-to-abbott-20130507-2j5hg.html#ixzz2ScDefTD3

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1344 on: May 08, 2013, 07:29:55 AM »
A test for Abbott and his control over the coalition.

A very interesting read.

Battlelines drawn on Abbott's parental leave scheme

The battle for the future of the Coalition's parental leave scheme has been looming since August 2010. Can the policy - and Tony Abbott's leadership - withstand the challenge, asks Michael Gillies Smith.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4674208.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1345 on: May 08, 2013, 07:30:38 AM »

Gotta love the pulling one line from a full quote to make the context you want something to be heard in.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1346 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:52 AM »

Gotta love the pulling one line from a full quote to make the context you want something to be heard in.

MT is going into politics when he retires.

It is a great one line though.

Really shows where Tony's class warfare is heading.

And to think the morons are sucked in by this pathetic excuse for a politician

:cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1347 on: May 08, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »

MT is going into politics when he retires.

It is a great one line though.

Really shows where Tony's class warfare is heading.

And to think the morons are sucked in by this pathetic excuse for a politician

:cheers

If getting sucked into voting for a pathetic excuse for a politician is the definition of a moron then everyone who voted in Gillard and her band of the worst government ever to prevail this once great country please raise your hands.

Rampstar

« Reply #1348 on: May 08, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »
dont look at me I want Machiavelli to be reincarnated so he can take over  ;D

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1349 on: May 08, 2013, 09:33:57 AM »

If getting sucked into voting for a pathetic excuse for a politician is the definition of a moron then everyone who voted in Gillard and her band of the worst government ever to prevail this once great country please raise your hands.

We have low inflation, low unemployment and a debt level that is the envy of the rest of the world.

And you believe Tony's crap about bad government.