Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766267 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1425 on: June 12, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
We all whine in our own way but lets not hide from the fact that  Julian is a great man.

WP your dillusional if you think otherwise.

Julian Assange is not a great man daniel

He is many things, one of which is a coward and a sook

Great men don't hide away in foreign emabassy because they are afraid to face a demorcratic court on charges of sexual assault and use as an excuse the US govt is out to get him.

A great man wouldn't protest his innocence and refuse to try and clear his name and then sook he doesn't get to see his kids

A great man wouldn't sook that the Aust Govt hasn't helped him when by seeking political asylum he has turned his back on the very country he supposedly wants to help him

As I said this morning he shown nothing but contempt for this country but more importantly its citizens.

he isn't a great man, he is a disgrace and that's being kind

In this day many rights have been  stripped away from Americans under the name of 'terrorism' or saving the world from these people.

I would take American as the beacon for human rights and democratic uprightness with a grain of salt I am afraid WP.

ie -> NSA Spying Programs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/11/nsa-surveillance-us-behaving-like-china

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1426 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Here's some of the "great man's" best work from his interview on ABC1's Lateline on Monday:

"In fact, all that the so-called consular support is doing here is it's simply collecting political intelligence for Bob Carr. What it's actually about is collecting political intelligence for the minister to set up their press lines, so it's really a type of corruption where money that should be spent on actual consular support is simply spent on producing press releases for the Foreign Minister to make it look like he gives a damn about Australians. As we know, he doesn't give a damn about Australians at all. Since the 1970s he's been in bed with the US. Even as a union leader he was having multiple meetings with the US embassy . . . We elect people, we send them to Canberra to represent Australians . . . to the bureaucracy, to hold the bureaucracy to account, to represent Australian interests overseas. And yet we have people like Bob Carr and Julia Gillard representing mining industries, representing Macquarie Bank, representing their long-lost American pals . . . Jemima Khan? Seriously? This concerns a Hollywood documentary made by Universal for $2.5 million. They wanted WikiLeaks to partake in that, but we thought they were going to produce a pretty sleazy result, so we said no. In fact, the documentary team that we are working with is the same one that is now holed up in Hong Kong with (Edward) Snowden. That's Laura Poitras. Anyway, so because we went with Laura Poitras and we didn't go with Alex Gibney in the US, the result was Gibney then went to Jemima Khan and recruited her to try and bring us into that documentary process over two years ago, giving her access and an executive credit in the film. But we couldn't tolerate the film. So we attacked the film, but she was part of the film, so as a result she attacked back. I mean, it's really just -- it's nothing."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/cut-paste/is-it-that-old-black-kettle-or-those-old-blue-ties-that-keep-them-tripping-on-their-tongues/story-fn72xczz-1226662091437

Yes, a great man with a great mind.   ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1427 on: June 12, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »
Look you are all drifting off the subject of politics.

How a bout getting back to the Julia gillard kentucky fried quail?

Small breasts, huge thighs and a big red box.

I peed myself when i heard that today.

Gee the PC correct prudes are having way to much influence. Time for a french revolution type thingy on the floppy rooster nancies
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1428 on: June 12, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »
With 5 yrs u won't be able say

Short
Fat
Black
 Tall
  Etc.

Too many lawyers

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1429 on: June 12, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
The kentucky fried quail was a lawyer.

you'd think that the bottom feeders would be a bit thicker skinned

dwaino

« Reply #1430 on: June 12, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »
inb4 anyone from Kentucky is offended.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1431 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »
I would take American as the beacon for human rights and democratic uprightness with a grain of salt I am afraid WP.

ie -> NSA Spying Programs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/11/nsa-surveillance-us-behaving-like-china

I didn't mention the US Bents

My disgust at Assange has nothing to do with his Wikileaks crusade (use that term loosely BTW) against the US and other nations.

My issue with this person is what his actions have done to Australians and Australia. He has deliberately jeopardised the safety of innocent Australians, whether that be civilians living abroad or here, soldiers doing there job with his supposed depending how you view it "crusade for justice" or "vendetta".

Seriously what is his point exactly? What was/is he trying to achieve outside coming across as selfish, self absorbed, vindictive loose canon who's goal in life is to have people follow him and believe he is somehow making the world a better place when in fact he is doing the complete opposite.

He has done what he's done without considering all the consequences and then sooks because in his eyes his country has abandoned him, when the only person who's done the abandoning is Assange himself.

He doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself, doesn't give a crap about who he has hurt or he may hurt in the future. His sole focus has always been and will continue to be about Julian Assange

The good folk of Ecuador can have him because Australia is better off without him

He holds this great, read our great country in contempt, and for that he doesn't deserve our support let alone our sympathy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #1432 on: June 16, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »
Well I have no idea who to vote for in the House of Reps.

Will vote Labor if Rudd gets back in as leader and will vote Turnbull if he is Liberal head.

Won't ever vote for the Greens again.   :banghead

But in the Senate I'll be voting for Julian Assange.

:cheers

What has made you give up on Julia 65. You've been her number one supporter all this time.
he has known for yonks that Gillard is hopeless just had to admit it to himself thats all. He'll be voting for Abbot. 65 loves supporting Winners.

I actually wasnt talking about Assange, I was just talking generally about the whole Gillard Abbot debate. Thats all.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1433 on: June 26, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
Rudd supposedly to challenge Gillard tomorrow.

Queensland maverick independent Bob Katter said today he'll give his vote of confidence in a Rudd-lead Government but not if Gillard remains PM.

The other independents Windsor and Oakshott have announced they aren't going to contest the upcoming election in September.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1434 on: June 26, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

How can he challenge tomorrow when she's off to Indonesia and his off to China tomorrow  :-\

ED: they are saying 9.00am

Perhaps someone can advise me on how to cast a donkey vote seeing I can't stand Rudd or Abbott  ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1435 on: June 26, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
The CLP up here showed that you dont need the incumbent leader in the country to depose them, in fact it makes it easier.

The person challenging for leadership not being in the country is a different thing though

gerkin greg

« Reply #1436 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »
They are saying Shorten has moved his support to the Ruddster

juicy

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1437 on: June 26, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »

How can he challenge tomorrow when she's off to Indonesia and his off to China tomorrow  :-\

ED: they are saying 9.00am

Perhaps someone can advise me on how to cast a donkey vote seeing I can't stand Rudd or Abbott  ;D

I thought Gillard was going to Indonesia next month not tomorrow.

1965 will be devastated if Gillard who he has been praising for past 3 years gets rolled.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1438 on: June 26, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »

juicy

The Age now reporting Shorten hasn't

:rollin

Is it next month for the PM going to Indonesia? Know I read yesterday Rudd is off to China to speak at a conference
tomorrow

TBBH Haven't really been following have lost interest completely, which is odd for me because I love politics

But it's become about personalities than policies especially in the last couple of months have lost interest

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1439 on: June 26, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

juicy

The Age now reporting Shorten hasn't

:rollin

Is it next month for the PM going to Indonesia? Know I read yesterday Rudd is off to China to speak at a conference
tomorrow

TBBH Haven't really been following have lost interest completely, which is odd for me because I love politics

But it's become about personalities than policies especially in the last couple of months have lost interest

From memory they said she was going to Indonesia on the 3-4 July on the news the other day when she announced it.