Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766431 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1470 on: June 27, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »

I don't think the negative adds against Rudd will work.

Interesting times.

The negative adds will be a compilation of footage courtesy of the labor party with the vitriol/hatred they have for their Knight in shining armor. (Kevin '07)
It will be the easiest and cheapest campaign in political history.
 :ROTFL

ALP is the Melbourne FC. of politics.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1471 on: June 27, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »
Bill Shorten is like a typical hawthorn supporter.
He just supports whoever is winning at the time.

This guy is touted as the next labour leader. He will be the most distrusted leader in history.

And most certainly will be a victim of his own disloyalty.
Live by the sword die by the sword.
And he has knifed, not one, but two prime ministers.
  :fencing
It's the nature of politics on both sides. Bad polls equals bye bye leader. No different to the coach always getting the sack when the footy team is losing. Fraser killed off Gorton's prime ministership but it didn't stop him becoming PM just 4-5 years later. Peacock then used Fraser's own words (used against Gorton) against him when he challenged (but failed) and then along with Jeff Kennett back-stabbed Howard via a phone call. Hawke rolled Hayden on the eve of the 1983 election when Hayden was in front in the polls. Hawke then bumped Hayden up to GG as a thank you.

It's very easy to explain Shorten's thinking. Labor's internal polls showed their second Senate spot in a number of states (Qld being one of them - hello Kev and welcome back) was under threat. This second spot is usually a given for both parties (4 Senate seats in total) and it's typically the 3rd spot on each ticket that is up for grabs between Labor, Coalition and any alternative individual/party (Greens or  Family First nowdays or from the past Democrats & DLP). Remember there are 6 senators voted in per state. Losing a stack of seats in the House of Reps is painful but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if a majority government has one more seat or 50 - their legislation stills gets through the lower house. It's in the Senate where bills are passed into practice. Labor wants to at least hold onto their second Senate seat in each state and then along with the Greens prevent Abbott gaining a majority in both houses. Shorten is still a relatively young man compared to his political peers and he can play the long game. He knows that within 5-10 years the wheel turns in politics and he also knows neither Rudd nor Gillard (who is now quitting politics) will still be around by then.
The facts remain that Bill "we're a happy team at hawthorn" Shorten.

He said "I continue to support our Prime Minister".
That was until someone said "billy, big Kev has the numbers"
And then just like every typical whorethorn wanker I know jumps back on board the Ruddster.

You might have got away with that rubbish years ago but not this time buddy.

...and MT I read every Post you write as I value your opinion but I haven't read what your thoughts are on the joke that is the ALP. Waiting patiently.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1472 on: June 27, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »

This guy is touted as the next labour leader. He will be the most distrusted leader in history.

It's the nature of politics on both sides. Bad polls equals bye bye leader. No different to the coach always getting the sack when the footy team is losing. Fraser killed off Gorton's prime ministership but it didn't stop him becoming PM just 4-5 years later. Peacock then used Fraser's own words (used against Gorton) against him when he challenged (but failed) and then along with Jeff Kennett back-stabbed Howard via a phone call. Hawke rolled Hayden on the eve of the 1983 election when Hayden was in front in the polls. Hawke then bumped Hayden up to GG as a thank you.

It's very easy to explain Shorten's thinking. Labor's internal polls showed their second Senate spot in a number of states (Qld being one of them - hello Kev and welcome back) was under threat. This second spot is usually a given for both parties (4 Senate seats in total) and it's typically the 3rd spot on each ticket that is up for grabs between Labor, Coalition and any alternative individual/party (Greens or  Family First nowdays or from the past Democrats & DLP). Remember there are 6 senators voted in per state. Losing a stack of seats in the House of Reps is painful but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if a majority government has one more seat or 50 - their legislation stills gets through the lower house. It's in the Senate where bills are passed into practice. Labor wants to at least hold onto their second Senate seat in each state and then along with the Greens prevent Abbott gaining a majority in both houses. Shorten is still a relatively young man compared to his political peers and he can play the long game. He knows that within 5-10 years the wheel turns in politics and he also knows neither Rudd nor Gillard (who is now quitting politics) will still be around by then.

And then just like every typical whorethorn wanker I know jumps back on board the Ruddster.

...and MT I read every Post you write as I value your opinion but I haven't read what your thoughts are on the joke that is the ALP. Waiting patiently.

hahaha

id like to read a response that doesn't include how bad Abbott is rather how some can still think ALP are best placed to lead this country.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1473 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:09 AM »

hahaha

id like to read a response that doesn't include how bad Abbott is rather how some can still think ALP are best placed to lead this country.
Exactly. Spot on Daniel.  :thumbsup
How is the ALP  :lol best placed  :lol :lol to lead this country? :ROTFL

I'd like to read that response....Still waiting.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1474 on: June 27, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
Your starting to sound like James Hird WP

Her legacy or lack thereof was non existent for her whole career as PM and her mistakes don't disappear because of one good policy

Your hero is finished and the country is better for it

People voted for Rudd not that imbecile and he too will get mauled but no where near as much as her

Good riddons. Maybe she can be her partners assistant in the salon or the blue oyster bar where he works

My hero? Please, don't insult my intelligence or my values. Yeah I have/had a hero in my life but it isn't a politician and would never been a politician

Unlike your good self who seems to base most of your political vitirol on personalities rather than the important bit POLICY; I actually assess all governments and political parties on what they do not for me but the community/scociety as a whole.

Now because your dislike (I'd say hatred but I don't think that's fair use because I dont' know) for Gillard is so strong you refuse to acknowledge any positive things that may have been done in the last 3 years.

So taking that into consideration you can say via your rant that the NDIS is not a legacy to be proud of or you dismiss it as being the only postive and that's your choice but as I have said many times before it is the single biggest and most important reform this nation has had in at least the last 30 odd years. It's significance should never be underestimated.

So forgive me if I give credit and thanks to the PM of and government of the day for having the guts to do something that should have been done along long time ago.

If you want me to list of other things that have happened that are positives I would but what's the point you'll just ignore them as it doesn't suit your agrument

BTW People voted for Rudd 5 years ago, not at the last election which IIRC was 3 years ago. 3 years ago that "imbecile" as you call her was the leader and for memory the Labor party received a slight majority of the primary vote so I think there is a case that can be made for that people did in fact vote for her.

My only hope now is the Office of PM will now receive the respect it should. Because the lack of repsect it has been shown over the last 12 months in particular is nothing short of disgraceful. We as citizens don't have "like" the person who holds the Office but we should nevertheless respect the office and its position.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1475 on: June 27, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »
Your starting to sound like James Hird WP

Her legacy or lack thereof was non existent for her whole career as PM and her mistakes don't disappear because of one good policy

Your hero is finished and the country is better for it

People voted for Rudd not that imbecile and he too will get mauled but no where near as much as her

Good riddons. Maybe she can be her partners assistant in the salon or the blue oyster bar where he works

My hero? Please, don't insult my intelligence or my values. Yeah I have/had a hero in my life but it isn't a politician and would never been a politician

Unlike your good self who seems to base most of your political vitirol on personalities rather than the important bit POLICY; I actually assess all governments and political parties on what they do not for me but the community/scociety as a whole.

Now because your dislike (I'd say hatred but I don't think that's fair use because I dont' know) for Gillard is so strong you refuse to acknowledge any positive things that may have been done in the last 3 years.

So taking that into consideration you can say via your rant that the NDIS is not a legacy to be proud of or you dismiss it as being the only postive and that's your choice but as I have said many times before it is the single biggest and most important reform this nation has had in at least the last 30 odd years. It's significance should never be underestimated.

So forgive me if I give credit and thanks to the PM of and government of the day for having the guts to do something that should have been done along long time ago.

If you want me to list of other things that have happened that are positives I would but what's the point you'll just ignore them as it doesn't suit your agrument

BTW People voted for Rudd 5 years ago, not at the last election which IIRC was 3 years ago. 3 years ago that "imbecile" as you call her was the leader and for memory the Labor party received a slight majority of the primary vote so I think there is a case that can be made for that people did in fact vote for her.

My only hope now is the Office of PM will now receive the respect it should. Because the lack of repsect it has been shown over the last 12 months in particular is nothing short of disgraceful. We as citizens don't have "like" the person who holds the Office but we should nevertheless respect the office and its position.

WP i can easily go through a fair few of your posts and discuss the same attacks as i make of Gillard that you do of Abbott so lets not go there shall we. Your blind sighted by the truth and that our country's riches have been decimated by the ALP.

We have seen so much waste go down the toilet and until this party is run out of town it will only get worse.

I too was blinded for many years as a ALP voter due to my father heavily involved with the party, so there is hope for you and others yet to see that Abbott is a man of great character, a good family man not the sexist pig some have pointed out.

He realized work choices was a mistake and acknowledged as such. Have we seen the ALP ever apologize for their mistakes, none more so than this disgraceful showing we have seen in the past 12 months.

we deserve a better class of politician than what has been dished up from the ALP, surely most would agree with that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1476 on: June 27, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »
WP i can easily go through a fair few of your posts and discuss the same attacks as i make of Gillard that you do of Abbott so lets not go there shall we. Your blind sighted by the truth and that our country's riches have been decimated by the ALP.

I think you mean "blind sided by the truth" but I digrese

daniel, I admit to not liking Abbott, can't stand him and I've made that unbundantly clear and don't apologise for it. Yes I've given him whacks and alot of them. My biggest whack has been about his negativity and lack of policies as the alternate PM of this country. But when has said smoething or done something positive I have given him the credit.

Guess what I don't like Rudd either and while I am at it I didn't like Latham, Keating so please don't assume that I don't like Abbott because he is a Liberal. My dislike for certain politicians covers all sides of politics

You stated that Jula Gillard was my "hero" I took offence to that because nothing I mean absolutely nothing could be further from the truth. The hero/heroes in my life have had far great values and far greater integrity than any politician of any side of politics could ever have and that was my point.

Am I surprised by the events of yesterday not in the slightest. it was always going to happen because so many in the ALP are more worried about losing their seats than actually being prepared to fight to save them.

You say our riches have been decimated by the ALP, facts are we still have one of the strongest economies in the world.

There is a very interesting comment by an Age reader today about the state of our economy now to when John Howard was Treasurer 30 years ago and that was our debt was higher, unemployment was in double digits. They said we are in better shape now and our debt is not an issue compared to other developed countries. It was interesting read

I too was blinded for many years as a ALP voter due to my father heavily involved with the party, so there is hope for you and others yet to see that Abbott is a man of great character, a good family man not the sexist pig some have pointed out.

How condescending! "There's hope you". Please give me a break.

Despite what you think or want to beliveve I actually haven't been blinded by anything or anybody. My entire life I have made the choice on who to vote for or who not to vote for.

Can I ask which part of this comment that I wrote you didn't understand? "I actually assess all governments and political parties on what they do not for me but the community/scociety as a whole.

That is how I make my decisions, I have never based it on personalities. I've made my choice based on what is on offer to the causes I am passionate about. Sadly this upcoming election personalities come into because the leaders on offer are duds and I don't want either them as the MP of this great country

As for Abbott being a "good family man" you may want to define that.

Are you suggesting that simply because he's married and has 3 kids that makes him a good family and for those who haven't got kids that they aren't "good family men or women"? Hope that isn't the case

As for the "great character" comment. How would you really know? How would any of us really know?  And how do you come up with that assertion. Would love to know 

He realized work choices was a mistake and acknowledged as such. Have we seen the ALP ever apologize for their mistakes, none more so than this disgraceful showing we have seen in the past 12 months.

At what point did he realise Work Choices was a mistake exactly? For memory it certainly wasn't while he was minister in the government he was one its greatest supporters. Oh that's right it was at the last election when he realised he'd lose votes if he bought it back. 

And BTW he has never acknowledged Work Choices were a Mistake(not to my knowledge anyway but will stand corrected if proven otherwise), just that they wouldn't be bought back - big difference

I reckon you could count on one hand the number of times any political party put up their collective hands and said we stuffed up.

we deserve a better class of politician than what has been dished up from the ALP, surely most would agree with that.

On this we do agree but again it should cover both sides of politics. If Barnaby Joyce is the best the Nats can come up with then they are bigger fools than Clive Palmers and Bob katters of this political world

Rampstar

« Reply #1477 on: June 27, 2013, 01:48:16 PM »
I want some more pink batts for my roof. I can also provide an aluminium portable otherwise known as a School Development Project for approximately $3 million. Rudds back and Labor Rules  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #1478 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »
Garrett has gone back to Midnight Oil so you'll have to pay for your own batts

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1479 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:35 PM »
WP you seem like a well informed chap, much more than me on this subject, but like 65, i think you both have lost the plot at the minute.

I really like Abbott. Family man, has faith who has admitted his faults in the past and has daughters too so the bond is great between he and i.

He most certainly did acknowledge it was a mistake at some point earlier this year but i couldn't tell you were or when.

WP when we were under a Howard government were you as praising for our economy as you are now under the ALP.

I feel under the ALP all we have done is waste waste and waste the surplus  then the LNP has to come in and fix the mess up and away we go again.

If they hadn't been so wasteful she would not have to come at us for the D Scheme. Don't get emotional either i think its her best policy(certainly not her legacy), however if there was surplus maybe they could've funded it themselves instead of wasting it on clunkers, bats, and defending blokes who use our money in return for sexual favors.

Lastly i don't know much about politics but your comment about B Joyce is very accurate. I doubt there is a bigger flog in politics.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1480 on: June 27, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
I want some more pink batts for my roof. I can also provide an aluminium portable otherwise known as a School Development Project for approximately $3 million. Rudds back and Labor Rules  :lol
:lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1481 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
WP when we were under a Howard government were you as praising for our economy as you are now under the ALP.

FYI - I was very resepctful of the Howard's govt financial management, the surpluses. They did a very good job; an extremely good job. But please do not lose sight of the fact that going into the 2007 election the Howard government's policies of that election was going to cut into those stock-piled surpluses. That was their stratedgy and guess what it was a very smart stratedgy on thier part.

Also, I think we shouldn't forget that the increase in the current borrowings was caused in part by the government of the day (lead by Rudd I might add not Gillard) increasing spending to stimulate the economy so we didn't go into recession. the oppostion are on record as a) voting agaisnt the stimulus measures and 2) that they have indirectly said they would let the country go into recession.

I can only imagine the whaling, sooking call it what you want of people if we had of gone into recession

I applauded them introducing the rebate on Private Health Insurance because it got people away from relying on Medicare. But at the same time was angry that they had to do it to get people to take out Private Health insurance.

I applauded them for their stance on off shore processing of illegal boat people - to many a very unpopular policy but one I agrred with.

But I was highly critical and against the introduction of the Baby Bonus and it was the Howard govt that introduced and I make no apologiese for that. And IMV it was a mistake because has been a catalyst for this middle-class welfare mentality we now have of handouts are some sort of right. Hence, the reason I've applauded the Gillard government for bringing in the chages to it, the means testing etc

So yes as I've said I reckon I'm pretty fair in giving credit where I reckon credit is due and whacks where I reckon they are deserved.

I really like Abbott. Family man, has faith who has admitted his faults in the past and has daughters too so the bond is great between he and i.
While appreciate your point about the connection you feel because you have daughters like Abbott does daniel, you failed to  answer my original question.

Are you suggesting that because Abbott has children he is a good family man and those folks who don't aren't good family men, women? Like alot of people I don't have children but I reckon when it comes to family that I'm pretty good at it (well I hope I am). 

I feel under the ALP all we have done is waste waste and waste the surplus  then the LNP has to come in and fix the mess up and away we go again.

Although I understand why people hold this view, I think it's unfair one when you look back over history. But that debate/ discussion is for another day

If they hadn't been so wasteful she would not have to come at us for the D Scheme. Don't get emotional either i think its her best policy(certainly not her legacy), however if there was surplus maybe they could've funded it themselves instead of wasting it on clunkers, bats, and defending blokes who use our money in return for sexual favors.

I've said this many times, we as tax payers fund every thing the government does, they are called taxes. And I've was bought up to believe we all have to pay our way I rarely get upset if I have to contribute to something as important as the NDIS, the Floods levy etc. The things I believe in and that helps others

I'm assuming that you are referring to Thompson when you talk about "defending blokes who use our money in return for sexual favors" I am not sure what that's got to do with wasting tax players $$$ when no taxpayers monies are allowed to be used  or have been used to help fund his defence.

If we want to talk about what's gets me mad and what I consider wasteful then let talk about these regular pay increases for pollies. If all these pollies were so concerned about the avwrage Aussie, working familes etc they wouldn't give themselves audacious pay increase every 12 months. The only real time there is true bipartisanship in politics

Lastly i don't know much about politics but your comment about B Joyce is very accurate. I doubt there is a bigger flog in politics.

Couldn't have siad it better myself

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1482 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »
 :lol at feeling a connection just because Abbot has daughters.

Josef Fritzl had a daughter too..........

Mr Rabbit is a lying slimy turd who will put his own personal yearning for power ahead of what is good for the country.
With the hung Parliament he and his cronies had a chance to influence the politics of this country in a positive way. All they had to do was put through private members bills or make amendments to any bill put through paliment and only need a small number of independants or greens to agree and thus vote with them.

but what did he and his drogues elect to do? at every opportunity wreck havoc, even to the point of trying to ruin peoples careers for no other reason than to upset the balance of power so he could get his lecherous way.

It was either him or hockey, i cant remember now, who was asked about why they are not trying to put their bills through Parliament and they replied as opposition that was not their job?
Seriously? They are elected to paliment by the people to represent them and to hopefully govern. Most of the time the opposition don't have the opportunity to influence the way they did, and they elected to be negative counter constructive turds rather than do any good.

The bloke is scum of the highest order, but Politics is now more about image, which is why the ALP has just disposed the very hard to like Kentucky quail with smooth dr spin rudd. Not because he is a better leader, but because the public like him more and therefore perceive him to be a better option.

Many of the liberal barrackers are dirty on the two independent MPs for siding with Julia. These blokes are conservative in their leanings and represent largely conservative electorates, yet after much negotion with both Abbot and Gillard they rejected Abbot, so what does that say about him and his ability to negotiate and compromise?

In some ways it would have better if they had sided with him, because leading the country with a minority government is the hardest thing in politics to do and him bumbling inept arrogance would have most likely been highlighted and culminated in a double dissolution or vote of no confidence as he struggled to get bills through Parliament.

As it is we will have him for a full term and with a majority that allows him to ride roughshod of the gullible serfs who voted him in. Depending on how much the ALP implodes in the wake of the election, we may even get 2 or 3 terms of his political, social and economic buggery,

Daniel, will you still be singing his praises as you cop it up the lemonade and sars?
Ohh it hurts...but hes' got daughters too just like me.....

LFAO.

We certainly get the politicians we deserve.

Oh, and this

you're nearly right on that. what you forgot is that next time the ALP get into power they will have to spend big to make up for all the neglect on infrastructure, health and education, and the vicious circle of underspending and overspending will continue.

Despite what the tea party lunatics like to think, government spending is the core of our economy, rightfully or wrongfully.

As for the concept of budget surpless, that's another whole rant.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1483 on: June 27, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »
Good post al.

and defending blokes who use our money in return for sexual favors.

Are you a member of the nurses union Daniel?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1484 on: June 27, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »

Mr Rabbit is a lying slimy turd who will put his own personal yearning for power ahead of what is good for the country.

Since when has he lied?
Did he say he was going wasn't going to bring in a carbon tax under a government he leads and then bring in a carbon tax?
Did he say he wasn't going to contest the leadership of his party and then context the leadership of his party?

Since when has he put his own personal yearning for power ahead of what good for the country?
Did he side with the greens after he told his MP's to explicitly deny they were in a power sharing deal with the greens?
Did he side with the independents and pull his pants down to get rooted up the arse to give them every demand just to gain power?

I'm no expert on politics but I know who fits the answer to those questions. 

P. S. ... Now that Julia won't have a job and the bulldogs need a fiery forward she might be able to finally fulfill her promise to the "Australian people". 
And if she gets sledged on field or doesn't get a free kick she can just use her now famous catch cry "misogynist!" :lol