Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766472 times)

dwaino

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1665 on: August 22, 2013, 08:19:13 PM »
Maybe Abbott just told her she had sex appeal and she was returning the compliment?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1666 on: August 23, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
Or maybe he regressed to the last time he had a woman leaning over him closely whilst he was sitting down in a chair.  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1667 on: August 23, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1668 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

I give up.

The Libs announce what is the silliest idea to stop the boats yet and the public lap it up as achievable.

Morons they are I tell you stuffing MORONS.

The facts:

1. Indonesia consists of 18307 islands

2. It has a coastline that is 54,716km long (second only to Canada)

3. It has approx 350,000 motorised fishing boats

And Abbott thinks he will just buy the odd one or two and that will stop the people smugglers.

Or worse, he thinks he can say whatever pooe he wants and his moronic supporters will believe it.

:banghead
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:08:30 PM by 1965 »

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1669 on: August 24, 2013, 12:51:11 PM »

I give up.

Thank You I am sure everyone on OER is very grateful

:cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1670 on: August 24, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »

I give up.

Thank You I am sure everyone on OER is very grateful

:cheers

:lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1671 on: August 24, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »

I give up.

The Libs announce what is the silliest idea to stop the boats yet and the public lap it up as achievable.

Morons they are I tell you stuffing MORONS.

The facts:

1. Indonesia consists of 18307 islands

2. It has a coastline that is 54,716km long (second only to Canada)

3. It has approx 350,000 motorised fishing boats

And Abbott thinks he will just buy the odd one or two and that will stop the people smugglers.

Or worse, he thinks he can say whatever pooe he wants and his moronic supporters will believe it.

:banghead

Irrespective of political leanings, that for mine is a ridiculous policy with no common sense whatsoever.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1673 on: August 29, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
Abbott to hit business with hikes
Date August 29, 2013
Tim Colebatch
Tim Colebatch is The Age's economic editor.

Analysis

The Coalition will pay for its campaign promises by raising taxes on business, cutting support for middle-income and low-income earners, and cutting environmental programs, under the list of savings given out by shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and shadow finance minister Andrew Robb.

At first sight, they answer some of the questions hanging over the Coalition's growing list of policies, which have been much stronger on new handouts than on new ways to pay for them.

Hockey and Robb say their list of 18 savings measures adds up to $31.6 billion of financing for its tax cuts and new spending programs, which leading economist Saul Eslake estimates add up to $44.5 billion over the next four years.

The policies were costed by the Parliamentary Budget Office, but Hockey refused to release any detailed costings, the impact in each year, or the assumptions on which its figures were based.

We will know all that eventually, but only after the election. Hockey sees the release of the single-line estimates of cost savings as a new high in transparency. But if he is confident that the policies are costed correctly, why not release them?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/abbott-to-hit-business-with-hikes-20130828-2sqxy.html#ixzz2dIG3INR0

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1674 on: August 29, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1675 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:21 AM »
How many children will die as a direct result of wanting to build roads before helping the world's poor?

This is disgusting.

Foreign aid 'not ATM for parties' 

by: Brendan Nicholson
September 06, 2013 12:00AM

THE Coalition's plan to slash foreign aid by $4.5 billion if it wins government has been widely condemned by aid agencies.

Oxfam Australia chief executive Helen Szoke said the proposed hit announced by Treasury spokesman Joe Hockey came at the expense of the world's most vulnerable people.

Dr Szoke said the Coalition was continuing the alarming trend of political parties raiding the aid budget. "The aid budget is Australia's commitment to the world's poor and vulnerable, and is not an ATM for political parties in search of cash to prop up their bottom line," Dr Szoke said.

During the last election both major parties made a promise to increase Australia's investment in fighting global poverty and hunger, but the pursuit of a budget surplus had left the nation with a compassion deficit, Dr Szoke said.

ACOSS chief Cassandra Goldie said while Australia's most vulnerable appeared largely to have been spared further cuts, it was disappointing that some of the poorest people in the world would be forced to go with even less, to fund the Coalition's bottom line.

"This is completely unnecessary," Ms Goldie said.

"As the global community watches Australia take up the presidency of the G20 as well as the presidency of the UN Security Council, these actions will only diminish us all. We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world, where the majority of us are enjoying living standards better than ever before. We must carry our responsibilities as global citizens."

Australian Christian Lobby managing director Lyle Shelton said the aid cut was deeply disappointing.

"Under the Coalition's plan, we'll now build better roads for ourselves with money that could have helped keep kids alive in countries where sealed roads are a luxury," he said. "We all want to see Australia prosper but compared to many countries in our region, we are rich and our aid budget is very modest compared to what we spend on ourselves."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/foreign-aid-not-atm-for-parties/story-fn9qr68y-1226712538909

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1676 on: September 06, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »
Not half as disgusting as allowing thousands of people to drown by inviting queue-jumping immigrants to sail illegally to our country.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1677 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »
How many children will die as a direct result of wanting to build roads before helping the world's poor?

This is disgusting.

Only future spending has been cut. The foreign aid budget is still growing just at a smaller rate. Also I never remember you posting articles when the ALP slashed the foreign aid budget to achieve the surplus they promised for years. . Your showing your partisan colors on this one 65.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1678 on: September 06, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »

Only future spending has been cut. The foreign aid budget is still growing just at a smaller rate. Also I never remember you posting articles when the ALP slashed the foreign aid budget to achieve the surplus they promised for years. . Your showing your partisan colors on this one 65.

Anti Abbott but taking a bigger picture look at things.

Want Abbott to win narrowly without control of the senate and Rudd to lose his seat.

Abbott to take us to a double dissolution within 12 months. Would expect Abbott's lies and deceptions and hidden policies (see internet blocking policy accidentally announced yesterday) to emerge over the next 12 months and for him to lose at the next election.

:thumbsup   :cheers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1679 on: September 06, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »

Anti Abbott but taking a bigger picture look at things.

Want Abbott to win narrowly without control of the senate and Rudd to lose his seat.

Abbott to take us to a double dissolution within 12 months. Would expect Abbott's lies and deceptions and hidden policies (see internet blocking policy accidentally announced yesterday) to emerge over the next 12 months and for him to lose at the next election.

:thumbsup   :cheers