Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774327 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2220 on: May 10, 2014, 10:31:29 AM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

dwaino

« Reply #2221 on: May 12, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2222 on: May 12, 2014, 10:29:37 PM »
no, money down!

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2223 on: May 12, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2224 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:34 AM »

Have to wonder where all the Abbott lovers have gone?

:banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2225 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
happy with all the cuts, and i say keep going. Not done enough. Lose the PPL scheme, keep the current form and it will be a 10/10 budget.

Not far enough with the pension should have increased it beyond 70 and included the family home as an asset.

Hope the bonus to hire over 50's passes through as i wouldn't mind putting my parents on the books for a $10,000 collect pp which il give straight back to them.

TA budget will be one of the best ever presented IMO and very much required.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2226 on: May 13, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
you should have voted ALP then big Angus. after all, they were the ones going to make all the cuts and increase taxes, werent they?

"Sliding doors moment.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2227 on: May 13, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »

negative, Labour cannot be trusted now or in the future.

I voted for the only party that can continue to propel this country into prosperity. You greeny's keep voting for your carbon crap and the extra 5 cents a week you may get from your pension now or in 20 years.

As i said he didnt go hard enough. $7 visits to the GP, should be triple that and free for pensioners. Lets see how many bludgers would be getting the medical certificates then. Slashing middle class and cutting Public service jobs/Polly high end positions, absolute masterstroke.

Unfortunately for you fellas, the Libs will be here for a long time so suck it up princesses

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #2228 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2229 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »

negative, Labour cannot be trusted now or in the future.

I voted for the only party that can continue to propel this country into prosperity. You greeny's keep voting for your carbon crap and the extra 5 cents a week you may get from your pension now or in 20 years.

As i said he didnt go hard enough. $7 visits to the GP, should be triple that and free for pensioners. Lets see how many bludgers would be getting the medical certificates then. Slashing middle class and cutting Public service jobs/Polly high end positions, absolute masterstroke.

Unfortunately for you fellas, the Libs will be here for a long time so suck it up princesses

Not a greeny, i float with whatever government best represents my interests, which varies over time. 

Ive been critical of both major parties in the past.

My beef with the current govt are thrice.

1) selling the lie and scaremongering that the economy is buggered to raise taxes and make cuts. Newsflash ~ it certainly isnt anywhere as bad as what is being portrayed. In this context, any deviation from policy and controversial tax/cut need to be brutaly scrutinised. The fact many people in the electorate have swallowed this lie just shows how gullible people are. The reality is its all a revenue raiser to be blown in spending in 2 years time.

2) The complete 180 policy direction re tax increases and cuts to other areas represents one of the most stunningly and compehensively dishonest political about faces in Australian Political History. If this is the new standard of governance then it represents a new low in our democratic system.

3) Abbott is nuts and Hockey is a village idiot.  ;D

Anyways will be interesting to see the actual budget announcement and what happens from here
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:58:48 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2230 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »
Bastards.

Budget pain? Not for millionaires who pay no tax

May 13, 2014

Peter Martin
Economics Editor, The Age

“Pain all round” will be the rallying cry of the night. Joe Hockey says his first budget - tonight - will hit everyone from high earners to politicians to Australians too poor to pay to see the doctor. All of us will have to “contribute budget repair”.

Except that we won’t.

The latest tax statistics show 75 ultra-high-earning Australians paid no tax at all in 2011-12. Zero. Zip.

Each earned more than $1 million from investments or wages. Between them they made $195 million, an average of $2.6 million each.

The fortunate 75 paid no income tax, no Medicare levy and no Medicare surcharge, even though 60 of them had private health insurance.

The reason? They managed to cut their combined taxable incomes to $82. That’s right, $1.10 each.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/budget-pain-not-for-millionaires-who-pay-no-tax-20140512-zr9o3.html#ixzz31YfkTtUw

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2231 on: May 13, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »

Not far enough with the pension should have increased it beyond 70 and included the family home as an asset.

And what should the retirement age be raised to? Perhaps we just don't have one and people just keep working until they drop.

Suggest you have a chat to people who work 15 hours days doing manual work and see how at 45-50 y.o. their bodies are failing them. And explain to them how they are supposed to keep going until 70 or longer

And you reckon that a pensioner whose only asset is there home, who struggles to survive on the current $300-$350 odd bucks a week should lose part of their pension because their only asset is worth say $500-$600k

Really?

Because that is what you are suggesting.

There are people out there in the real world who have no savings, live week to week and all they have to show for their years of working is their home and you want to take away from them?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #2232 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »
peoples family home should not be included. house prices have gone through the roof. people are paying major money to buy dumps. if some pensioners have a 2nd home or an holiday house then yes that must be included but if someone brought a house in Richmond say back in 1980 for say $25,000 and that house is worth $800,000+ its not their fault.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2233 on: May 13, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »
Bloody Labor, have a lot to answer for

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2234 on: May 13, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »
Bloody Labor, have a lot to answer for

yes how they allowed this mob in is a disgrace.