Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766402 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2250 on: May 14, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »
I think the scariest thing about this budget has been that when people fall on hard times there has always been a safety net there for them to fall back on. Not so it seems now for our youth with the six month wait for Newstart. Basically, the youth of Australia are our future, we don't need them living on the streets or turning to crime to support themselves. Actually, in this AFFLUENT country, no person should be living on the streets.

Countries like Sweden have proved a social safety net don't work  ;D

Highest standard living. Highest happiness etc

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2251 on: May 14, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »
I think the scariest thing about this budget has been that when people fall on hard times there has always been a safety net there for them to fall back on. Not so it seems now for our youth with the six month wait for Newstart. Basically, the youth of Australia are our future, we don't need them living on the streets or turning to crime to support themselves. Actually, in this AFFLUENT country, no person should be living on the streets.

News flash: in all countries people are living on the streets

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2252 on: May 14, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Oh dear lol

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2253 on: May 14, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »

Not sure what you meant by that, but usually means you have nothing else to say, very common with the uneducated. Either delete your stupid post or delete my folks from there. Simple request.

Here this pal

My dad is more Labour than Labour. He donates his time to the local member for Bruce assisting whenever he can. Every election, state or federal, he is there. They all know him down there.

He breaths the ALP.

It's Labor not Labour.

:cheers

They need to change their name then, should change it to birth labour as they are so bloody painful

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2254 on: May 14, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

oh my stars  :-[
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2255 on: May 14, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »

During the commonwealth games the homeless were given free homes for two weeks

Then shunted back under the bridges

What a wonderful country this is

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2256 on: May 14, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
What a wonderful country this is

Yep it is

Go overseas for an extended period and you'll soon realise that despite our faults and problems (and yes we do have them) this is still a fantastic place to live.

Best country in the world  :clapping

On a slightly different note, did anyone see Laury Oakes interview of Joe Hockey asking why before announcing the budget he was dancing in his office to 'this is the best night of my life'?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9yuhiu-n1PA

Hockey was absolutely lost for words.

Yes it was priceless and then uses his son as the reason for his hot shoe shuffle. What a terrific family man we have there  :clapping

Slow the pension, extend the pension age, cut 500 million dollars from aboriginal programs, cut funding to health and education, increase prescription medication and doctors visits. all permanent. etc etc etc

interesting point you raise about funding cuts to indigenous programs Dooks

Would like to know the impact this is going to have on the Koormanji Institute at Richmond. They do fabulous work there, hope it isn't going to axed

But then again if it is there will always be a Chaplain at some school to talk to about it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2257 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »
ive just returned from Vienna, Zurich and Munich tour and let me tell you, its a let down.   ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2258 on: May 14, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
ive just returned from Vienna, Zurich and Munich tour and let me tell you, its a let down.   ;)

Gee Switzerland one of the most affluent countries in the world (fabulous too BTW) that has some of the highest cost of living in the world

A tour is one thing where so many things are paid for as part of the tour. I am talking about living there having to pay for everything yourself with no handouts 

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2259 on: May 14, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »

Not sure what you meant by that, but usually means you have nothing else to say, very common with the uneducated. Either delete your stupid post or delete my folks from there. Simple request.

Here this pal

My dad is more Labour than Labour. He donates his time to the local member for Bruce assisting whenever he can. Every election, state or federal, he is there. They all know him down there.

He breaths the ALP.

It's Labor not Labour.

sorry teacher

can always count on you picking it up
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2260 on: May 14, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
Scandinavian countries have hand outs and excellent quality of life

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2261 on: May 14, 2014, 12:46:34 PM »

Here this pal

He breaths the ALP.

It's Labor not Labour.

No Angus is correct.....it's Labour who can't even spell their own name properly.

Mind you, the other mob are misnamed completely.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #2262 on: May 14, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
Scandinavian countries have hand outs and excellent quality of life

They also tax the arse out of mining and resources because they understand that the resources are finite and since the mines are only leased, if the current fat pig of a tenant doesn't like it the next one will.

Wingnut had a gift horse in the mineral and resource and carbon taxes, could have kept them and continued to blame the other pricks. Unfortunately wasn't in the interest of the plutocracy.

Too busy worrying about himself and his mates and forgot to involve the states:

Victorian Treasurer Michael O’Brien said the suggestion of an $80 billion reduction in federal expenditure over the next decade was a worrying sign of cost-shifting to the states which Victoria — the only state with predicted budget surpluses over the next four years — would fight.

“When we handed down the Victorian budget last Tuesday we put extra money into Victorian hospitals, extra money into Victorian schools,” he said.

“We didn’t put that extra money in so that the federal government could take money out.

“We’re not doing it to improve the federal budget’s bottom line.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/states-prepare-for-battle-over-budget-cuts-to-schools-hospitals/story-fn59niix-1226917083021#

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2263 on: May 14, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
Go overseas for an extended period and you'll soon realise that despite our faults and problems (and yes we do have them) this is still a fantastic place to live.

Best country in the world  :clapping

I used to think that. Whilst still better than most I'm not as certain of that statement these days..and yes I travel a fair bit.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2264 on: May 14, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018