Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766455 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3285 on: August 19, 2015, 07:44:21 AM »

This government is seriously stuffed in the head.

Abbott government war on green 'saboteurs' is Laurel and Hardy slapstick

Lenore Taylor

Even for the Abbott government the inconsistencies in the latest “war on environmental vigilantes and saboteurs” are astonishing. And the slapstick nature of its attempt to use the issue as a political wedge is up there with Laurel and Hardy.

When an environment group successfully uses 16 year-old national environmental laws to delay a project, the Abbott government tries to change the law to prevent them from ever doing it again.

But if an anti-windfarm group can’t find a way to use existing laws and regulations to stop or delay a project, the Abbott government tries to change laws and processes to make it easier for them to succeed.

The first is called green “vigilantism” and “sabotage” and the second is, according to environment minister Greg Hunt, a reasonable response because “many people have a sense of deep anxiety, and they have a right to complain.”

The government calls regulations that stop fossil fuel or mining projects “green tape”, but a wind commissioner and yet another scientific committee to look at unsubstantiated health complaints regarding wind turbines is apparently no kind of “tape” at all.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/18/abbott-government-war-on-green-saboteurs-is-laurel-and-hardy-slapstick

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3286 on: August 25, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »
Chinese troops head to border with North Korea

Multiple explosions reported at US military facility in Japan

No Sign of End to Korea Talks as Kim Steps Up Force Mobilization

N. Korea forward deploys amphibious landing crafts carrying special forces

Tension grows over 'lost' North Korean submarines as South Korea searches for vessels

‘A Million North Koreans Volunteer’ To Fight

All within the last couple hours

The Australian Stock Market has plunged 2.5% in the first 20 minutes of opening for the week, losing $20 billion. The Chinese Stock Market has dropped 7% just an hour after opening, and the ripple effects are starting to be seen worldwide as markets open

US Equity Futures Are Crashing
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3287 on: August 26, 2015, 07:41:40 AM »

A by-election coming up and Tony not only puts up a captain's pick in an ex Army type but he is expanding our war in the Middle East.

And he has "lied" about it by saying it was a request from America.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-pushed-for-us-request-to-join-syrian-air-strikes-20150825-gj7kfh.html

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3288 on: August 26, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »
L0L 'tone

I just wanna bomb the Arabs

The seppos didn't even tell me to

#teamaustralia

#tonystradiess

Ps - pls don't boo goodesy

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3289 on: August 27, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

A by-election coming up and Tony not only puts up a captain's pick in an ex Army type but he is expanding our war in the Middle East.

And he has "lied" about it by saying it was a request from America.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-pushed-for-us-request-to-join-syrian-air-strikes-20150825-gj7kfh.html

How anybody could vote for this lying prick beggars belief.

He wants to expand our involvement in a war on the other side of the world and put our people in danger just to win a bloody by-election.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/prime-ministers-verbal-gymnastics-over-syria-20150826-gj8ojp.html

dwaino

« Reply #3290 on: August 27, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
Not into the daily copy + paste stuff either but this Abbott really is a douche bag. On my phone at work so don't know how to link from the FB app, but just saw on the ALP page (as a friend follows it, I don't follow any political groups) the letter from the minister of trade and investment to the Chinese minister regarding the regarding the removal of qualification assessments for ten trades for Chinese workers under the free trade agreement. Two of these were electricians, one was actually general electrician. Would love to let Abbott let his house get wired by some unqualified Chinese bloke as his term would be over by his next shower. Just a tosser of the highest order.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3291 on: August 27, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »

I removed the posts that offended you, that wasnt my intention.

It certainly wasn't a personal attack as you suggested - not even close.

I was just giving my thoughts on where my interest in politics now stands with a bit of this   :sarcasm  thrown in. Would appear it didn't come through

Also, rather than venting on the forum you should have used the report to moderator function as you would with any other post. That's the rules and it applies to all posts and doesn't exclude posts made by mods

WP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3292 on: August 27, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »

I removed the posts that offended you, that wasnt my intention.

It certainly wasn't a personal attack as you suggested - not even close.

I was just giving my thoughts on where my interest in politics now stands with a bit of this   :sarcasm  thrown in. Would appear it didn't come through

Also, rather than venting on the forum you should have used the report to moderator function as you would with any other post. That's the rules and it applies to all posts and doesn't exclude posts made by mods

WP

All good.

Next time report the moderator to the moderator.

OK, can do.   :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3293 on: September 04, 2015, 04:00:23 AM »
Did old Rupert post on twitter last night after one too many scotches?

Great month in Oz - beautiful country, gtreAt people but with large problems.

Country almost ungovernable with any Senate majority impossible for either side to execute. Bilateral agreement to change urgent if unlikely.

Extreme greenies, increasing in support hold balance. Against growth and subsequent jobs. Seem beyond reason.

Only hope is new poll with govt of all the talents ready to work together with clear mandate for reform, bringing in new, young able people

In spite of some blind spots, Abbott far the best alternative. Principled and a fighter.

https://twitter.com/rupertmurdoch

Gee, and I wonder who and whose media organisation barracked for the current government and a moronic PM that is pushing Australia towards a recession ::).

LOL calling Abbott "principled" :rollin. Not to mention the same guy who can't stop putting his foot in his mouth whenever he says something that isn't scripted for him, such as yesterday with his Nazi/ISIS comment :facepalm.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

No More

« Reply #3294 on: September 04, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »
Australia depends on commodities when Iron Ore and other commodities are going down the gurgler worldwide then there is nothing any government can do. This problem is not the result of Abbott its the result of the wasted Rudd and Gillard years who wasted the greatest commodities boom in history. They had the chance to recession proof Australia but wasted it on Insulation schemes, School Portables, Cash for Clunker schemes and all sorts of other rubbish.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3295 on: September 04, 2015, 03:29:49 PM »
Australia depends on commodities when Iron Ore and other commodities are going down the gurgler worldwide then there is nothing any government can do. This problem is not the result of Abbott its the result of the wasted Rudd and Gillard years who wasted the greatest commodities boom in history. They had the chance to recession proof Australia but wasted it on Insulation schemes, School Portables, Cash for Clunker schemes and all sorts of other rubbish.

God but you are a funny man.

How long can you keep blaming Rudd and Gillard?

:lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3296 on: September 04, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »

Mythic rubbish.

Australian jobs from mining are stuff all. Literally a few percent of the total workforce.

The only Australians that tangibly benefit from mining are the mining companies and owners.

But hey, let's not implement a tax on mining that would benefit Australlia under the Libs and blame the previous government. The Herald sun told us to do so.  :lol

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

No More

« Reply #3297 on: September 04, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »
What I wrote is the truth and deep down you all know it. Australia depends on mining exports to a large degree we are paying the price for the wasted years under Rudd and Gillard who wasted Australia's best economic opportunity in decades.  ;D

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3298 on: September 04, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
What I wrote is the truth and deep down you all know it. Australia depends on mining exports to a large degree we are paying the price for the wasted years under Rudd and Gillard who wasted Australia's best economic opportunity in decades.  ;D
[/b]

Created by the Howard govt right? Coz the Herald Sun said so  ::)
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3299 on: September 04, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
What about uranium.

No shortage of poo to dig up and sell to the Chinese