Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766392 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3330 on: September 16, 2015, 06:51:45 AM »
My old man was dispondent Monday, as was his other right of centre mates, as they see no chance for the ALP at the next election.

Suck it up boys you got your wish libs are here to stay now.

The best thing they can do is send shorton packing and install albanese as their captain of their ship.

Shorton. Couldn't tie his shoe laces that bloke let alone lead a country

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3331 on: September 16, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »
My old man was dispondent Monday, as was his other right of centre mates, as they see no chance for the ALP at the next election.

Suck it up boys you got your wish libs are here to stay now.

The best thing they can do is send shorton packing and install albanese as their captain of their ship.

Shorton. Couldn't tie his shoe laces that bloke let alone lead a country

About time they sorted the leadership out. Let's hope he's good enough to lead the country well.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3332 on: September 16, 2015, 08:01:25 AM »
thats the bottom line isnt it? Its a pretty poor view when you want one party to be dysfunctional so the party you barrack for has a better chance, particularly when that party is currently running the country.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3333 on: September 16, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »
That's the view of many alp supporters and staff. This was a crushing blow to their chances even though it's a popular view amongst most Australians

Goodbye William Snorton don't shut the door on your way out

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3334 on: September 16, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
But I thought there were some who said Tony was doing a good job?

Now the same people are jumping for joy over poor old Tone being knifed.

So was he a good PM or not or was he in fact a total incompetent fool?

:rollin :rollin

IMHO Libs have done the right thing, they now have hope and the ALP rightly will be very nervous

But have to say it is really disappointing that Malcolm won't stand up to his colleagues and bring forward changes to the things he believes in eg Same sex Marriage, climate change (emission trading scheme). He sadly has done deals and agreed to keep Tony's pathetic policies on certain issues. Very disappointing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3335 on: September 16, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »
I don't think anyone can accuse Tony of not being a man of integrity.
Unlike Rudd he didn't cry like a baby and his acceptance speech was only 6 min compared to a the 20 min self absorbed bull rap Rudd put up after the unions got rid of him.
You won't see Tony getting involved in trying to get back in unlike kevin'07.

Well done Tony  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #3336 on: September 16, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
What a champion Tony was, vouching for his kiddie fiddling priest mates.

Tony was an absolute tit and it's not even up for debate. It wasn't political prowess that got him his job it was only the shambles of the ALP. What's funny is the LNP barrackers (that's all they are, they don't know anything about what they want other than the team they barrack for) are now barring up over a bloke who could just as well chair the ALP. This whole left and right thing is absolute crap as so many of their ideals overlap each other, their differences haven't been clear in years. Turnbull has been my man all along because as I stated a Turnbull run LNP near on perfectly suits my own ideals. Unfortunate for him the party was white anted by these conservative Christian nuffers who wouldn't have two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them. Unless Turnbull and Bishop pee off the rest of them then they just might fall into party room disarray again. Now pending on what Turnbull comes up with between now and the next election I have a clear way to go. I don't mind Shorten and what he stands for but my massive issue with ALP is some of the personnel like Albanese and Wong. My local member however is Dreyfus and he has pretty good hold over the seat as do ALP in many of the bayside areas in both state and federal so in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter which way my piddly little vote goes.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3337 on: September 16, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »
But I thought there were some who said Tony was doing a good job?

Now the same people are jumping for joy over poor old Tone being knifed.

So was he a good PM or not or was he in fact a total incompetent fool?

:rollin :rollin

IMHO Libs have done the right thing, they now have hope and the ALP rightly will be very nervous

But have to say it is really disappointing that Malcolm won't stand up to his colleagues and bring forward changes to the things he believes in eg Same sex Marriage, climate change (emission trading scheme). He sadly has done deals and agreed to keep Tony's pathetic policies on certain issues. Very disappointing

correct Tigeritis. Now WP who is jumping for joy or is that you making things up again?

I am merely pointing out that a fair few ALP supporters are very unhappy with this outcome,and TBH thats makes me happy that it is now a forgone conclusion that the libs will lead the country after next years election. ItA great result for my industry that shorton is now odds on not to lead this country.

Dwaino stop tearing up you will get over it soon, maybe in 4 years when alp get another crack at the title.

dwaino

« Reply #3338 on: September 16, 2015, 12:39:43 PM »
Reading and comprehension isn't your strong point. Not surprising though as Tony did only appeal to the knuckledraggers.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3339 on: September 16, 2015, 12:40:40 PM »

Tony was an absolute tit and it's not even up for debate. It wasn't political prowess that got him his job it was only the shambles of the ALP. What's funny is the LNP barrackers (that's all they are, they don't know anything about what they want other than the team they barrack for) are now barring up over a bloke who could just as well chair the ALP. This whole left and right thing is absolute crap as so many of their ideals overlap each other, their differences haven't been clear in years. Turnbull has been my man all along because as I stated a Turnbull run LNP near on perfectly suits my own ideals. Unfortunate for him the party was white anted by these conservative Christian nuffers who wouldn't have two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them. Unless Turnbull and Bishop pee off the rest of them then they just might fall into party room disarray again. Now pending on what Turnbull comes up with between now and the next election I have a clear way to go. I don't mind Shorten and what he stands for but my massive issue with ALP is some of the personnel like Albanese and Wong. My local member however is Dreyfus and he has pretty good hold over the seat as do ALP in many of the bayside areas in both state and federal so in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter which way my piddly little vote goes.
Did Tony really vouch for pedophile priests?
I think Tony has proved over his career that he has always stood for what he believes and I think that's commendable.
As I agree with you that Turnbull is as good as an ALP leader labor has had in a long time, who are these other people that you speak of and are they "nuffers" because they're conservative Christian?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3340 on: September 16, 2015, 12:51:53 PM »

I think Tony has proved over his career that he has always stood for what he believes and I think that's commendable.
As I agree with you that Turnbull is as good as an ALP leader labor has had in a long time, who are these other people that you speak of and are they "nuffers" because they're conservative Christian?

Conservative Christian or Young Earth creationist thinking Christians? Some food for thought on the knuckle dragging question.....

Also, is standing what one believes always commendable irrespective of the belief? And I don't just mean that in a religious sense.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

dwaino

« Reply #3341 on: September 16, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »

Yes he did. While an MP he provided a character reference for a bloke called [redacted in case WP thinks it is defamation. It is in the public domain, Google the topic and the name Nestor] who was convicted and sacked by the Vatican. The priest was eventually acquitted on appeal under a technicality that inappropriate conduct did not mean any assault took place, but Tony still thinks it's ok to vouch for priests who sleep in their undies with boys. Church abuse is something Tony has tried his hardest to sweep under the carpet including going as far as redirecting funds from the royal commission into child abuse within the church to witch hunt current and former ALP members.

I'm not sure how much Turnbull can get done in 12 months but I hope he actually makes his policies and plans crystal clear. It will be interesting to see where ALP go, since they won't just be able to play opposition when it comes to the economy as they will have so much in common with a Turnbull LNP and for my own personal interests I hope that doesn't become his undoing amongst his own party. We have a real shot at strong leadership here I think. Maybe the opposition will actually have to come up with something of their own for a change in so long rather than just shooting down anything from across the floor. We don't need sweeping changes I don't think, we just need a steady hand to make sure the gears keep turning.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3342 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
That's the view of many alp supporters and staff. This was a crushing blow to their chances even though it's a popular view amongst most Australians

Dont worry son, there are plenty of facist supporters who want shorten to stay for the same reasoning
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3343 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »
Reading and comprehension isn't your strong point. Not surprising though as Tony did only appeal to the knuckledraggers.

Boo hoo. Not taking it well which is a shame, a real shame

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3344 on: September 16, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Dont worry son, there are plenty of facist supporters who want shorten to stay for the same reasoning

Perhaps I wouldn't know Albert. I do know there are many  who are not happy tone is gone before the election.

Albanese to lead the alp to the next election would be their smartest play to have any chance.