Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 738655 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3930 on: May 09, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
You seem to think you know everything about everything

Just sayin
Au Contraire!....(sticking with the French theme). There are cyclical, societal road maps throughout recorded history. As Pink Floyd once stated: "we have been down this road many times before". All I do is learn from history and restate lessons as I see it. Your welcome to posit alternative views... I only get uppity when ad hominems are caste. As you have noticed I then reply in kind.

Damo, have you studied the fall of the Roman Empire? There are parallels with Europe today which are striking. Apart from the fact that rather than being supplanted by the wonderfully creative and cultured Visigoths we are under attack from a genetically and spiritually inferior culture.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3931 on: May 09, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »
Not sure the Roman Empire willingly invited the Visigoths to come and live amongst them either....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3932 on: May 09, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
I watched Spartacus on Netflix and by all that is holy in the empire it would have been good to be a Roman of note back in those times

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3933 on: May 09, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
You should watch Caligula Chucky.....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3934 on: May 09, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »
is it on netflix?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3935 on: May 09, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3936 on: May 09, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
Thanks, the support cast has piqued my interest, i will give it a go

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3937 on: May 10, 2017, 05:14:01 AM »
Not sure the Roman Empire willingly invited the Visigoths to come and live amongst them either....
Yes they did. There were Visigoth (and other) enclaves and representatives in the military, administration and Politics. Once made citizens, migrant populations also had access to the Roman equivalent of welfare - guaranteed grain allocations. Which coincidently caused massive grief to producers who gave up their grain as a tax, some even allowing their lands to become fallow. Sound familiar? Add to that the emasculation of Roman men who were increasingly effete when compared to the newcomers....as they say in the classics - the rest is history.

When the external Visigoth armies attacked, the 5th column activated across many fronts.

The things I do for you blokes. Just scoured the interweb for a synopsis:

https://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320hist&civ/chapters/08ROMFAL.htm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:58:38 PM by Ruanaidh »

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3938 on: May 10, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »
Yes there were  some striking similarities but note I said "willingly invited"....Valens was hardly the Roman Merkel and there was certainly no virtue signalling, guilt or self-hatred motivating things ......it's far more likely though, that there were some motivations that these days we'd assosciate more with neo-cons & capitalists than leftists.....:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3939 on: May 10, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
Destruction, more like it.....France has fallen! ...or has it? Unlike the pussy backlash to Trump's win by assorted SJW's....When the Left and Islamists demand payment for their support and the Rothschild (Werner) sock puppet caves, you will see what happens when when real men get angry.... When the dust settles the Nationalists will see this day as the day they began to turn the tide of Collectivism.

Well said, just wished I knew what the hell you are talking about.

:cheers
Why thank you :thumbsup.... as for your confusion, just pull up a chair and watch the cinematic and inevitable political ramifications play out ;)

Predictions please.
Increase in migration and 'no go zones'....Further Islamists attacks and acquiescence in the name of 'tolerance'. Consequential rise is support for Le Pen and the instigation of militias for self and community protection. The inevitable battle on many  fronts as this clash of ideologies intensifies....France will also see austerity style measures originating from tanking tourism receipts and resultant taxation imposts.

Apologies for the delayed response. Id argue the first two-three lines are pretty much more than 50% probable and already panning out but it could all end up differently in the end. Who knows.

I have one more question Ruandog - Whats your probability for the whole box and dice to occur?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3940 on: May 10, 2017, 07:49:32 PM »
Destruction, more like it.....France has fallen! ...or has it? Unlike the pussy backlash to Trump's win by assorted SJW's....When the Left and Islamists demand payment for their support and the Rothschild (Werner) sock puppet caves, you will see what happens when when real men get angry.... When the dust settles the Nationalists will see this day as the day they began to turn the tide of Collectivism.

Well said, just wished I knew what the hell you are talking about.

:cheers
Why thank you :thumbsup.... as for your confusion, just pull up a chair and watch the cinematic and inevitable political ramifications play out ;)

Predictions please.
Increase in migration and 'no go zones'....Further Islamists attacks and acquiescence in the name of 'tolerance'. Consequential rise is support for Le Pen and the instigation of militias for self and community protection. The inevitable battle on many  fronts as this clash of ideologies intensifies....France will also see austerity style measures originating from tanking tourism receipts and resultant taxation imposts.

Apologies for the delayed response. Id argue the first two-three lines are pretty much more than 50% probable and already panning out but it could all end up differently in the end. Who knows.

I have one more question Ruandog - Whats your probability for the whole box and dice to occur?
1400 years of this ever increasing (in numbers) death cult suggests 100 percent. I don't have to be 'Nostradamos' to also read current trend lines. 2 choices: surrender or fight. There is no middle ground with this totalitarian ideology.

Maybe the Buddhists and New Age theoreticians were right and this is a 'testing place' where spirits (for want of a better term) incarnate to suffer trevails in order to energise, experience and improve. Now I'm waffling.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3941 on: May 10, 2017, 07:59:35 PM »
Yes there were  some striking similarities but note I said "willingly invited"....Valens was hardly the Roman Merkel and there was certainly no virtue signalling, guilt or self-hatred motivating things ......it's far more likely though, that there were some motivations that these days we'd assosciate more with neo-cons & capitalists than leftists.....:shh
Ah yes....the age old quandary of history - the reading of it :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3942 on: May 16, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »

A Labor Lite budget and what happens...

Ipsos and Newspoll surveys both put Labor on 53% and Coalition on 47%.

The Libs and Turnbull are in trouble both from within and outside party.

How long before a challenge and who it will be.

I'm hoping for Dutton.  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3943 on: May 21, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
First we had FAKE News

Now we have Fake Refugees says Peter Dutton

What else can we "Fake"  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3944 on: May 21, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »
Yes because "genuine" refugees often return to their homeland for a holiday... :shh

- Gustav Mahler