Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 752041 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4500 on: May 29, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »
The problem with your way of looking at the imputation system is that it does not take into account that the rules were laid out for all to see and people made decisions about their retirement with these rules in mind. Changing the rules now becomes a sort of retrospective "tax". If the rules were different then maybe people would have set up their self funded retirement differently. A better approach that many would have found much more palatable would have been to cap the amount that could be taken tax free. That way those that were on low income who weren't getting a lot of this as a tax credit wouldn't have been affected. Labor ignored its own constituent and went all in with this and paid the price. Another even better solution would have been to grandfather the system. Simple.

I also take offence at the way you classify some who worked hard and paid taxes as entitled because they are getting a freebie. They never broke any laws and just did what the Government allowed them to do. The Government wanted people to become less reliant on the pension because even though it's not huge money, it costs the government zillions because so many people are on it. The less people the better. And there is no more freebie than the pension itself of course. In some countries, the pension is given to all irrespective of your income. The reason being, if you have worked all your life and saved your money, why should you be given less by the government than someone who spent all their money or even didn't work that hard? As you can see there are different ways of looking at things and it's not necessarily self interest that dictates views.

Correct. MT like those ALP trolls probably label these type of people as cheats who have rorted the system. The system is there so they took it. Perhaps it's best they didnt take advantage of it and instead hit up the aged pension. That would be a better option for our economy.

The reason the ALP lost is they tried to tax their way to victory and failed. They confused the voters with their arrogance.

MT doesnt seem to understand that a lot of those seats that swung the most were low income earners, and they are exactly the ones who stood to lose the most out of this so called rort.
Low Income Retirees should have been included in the exemption list, but ALP are not fit to run a country, so it's beyond them to think policies through.

Shorten ruined any large swings  in Victoria. In fact if it wasn't for Andrews the Libs would have picked up an additional 5 seats IMO. He saved them from being whipped out for the next election too.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4501 on: May 30, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
The gift that keeps giving that's what the ALP are

I read this morning they are considering their legal options as the feel the seat of Chisholm was rigged  :lol :lol

What a bunch of losers. Perhaps they can call up Robert Mueller or Hillary to investigate . They seem to have a lot in common with that lot.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4502 on: May 30, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »

I read this morning they are considering their legal options as the feel the seat of Chisholm was rigged  :lol :lol

What a bunch of losers. Perhaps they can call up Robert Mueller or Hillary to investigate . They seem to have a lot in common with that lot.

No point in doing anything,  stupid if true

I wouldn't call it rigged but the tactics with the signs in Chinese, the colour as AEC signage were cheap nasty and desperate. But it worked. Terrific upstanding racists is the new member for Chisholm  BTW

Having said that though, the above gutter tactics are nothing new from either side of politics and is just another example of what our lamentable political parties have become
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4503 on: May 30, 2019, 12:50:54 PM »

No point in doing anything,  stupid if true

I wouldn't call it rigged but the tactics with the signs in Chinese, the colour as AEC signage were cheap nasty and desperate. But it worked. Terrific upstanding racists is the new member for Chisholm  BTW

Having said that though, the above gutter tactics are nothing new from either side of politics and is just another example of what our lamentable political parties have become
Correct. In the recent state elections, the liberal candidate in the Box Hill area had propaganda sent out about him saying that he was a racist against Chinese. One such believer of this rang up Neil Mitchell and spouted that he deserved to lose because of this. Neil then asked him if he realised that the losing liberal candidate had a long term marriage with an Asian lady which was then met with deathly silence followed by a “no"........ :shh
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:07:56 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4504 on: May 30, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »
Racist (adj.) ray - sist  A largely meaningless word favoured by leftists when losing a debate.

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4505 on: May 30, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »

Shorten is imploding. :lol

https://www.theage.com.au/federal-election-2019/bill-shorten-blames-corporate-leviathans-and-the-media-for-labor-s-shock-election-loss-20190530-p51sqt.html

:cheers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4506 on: May 30, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »
:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4507 on: May 30, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »
LMAO deluded little stuffer, all he has to do if he wants to know why he lost is look in the mirror

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4508 on: May 30, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »
Racist (adj.) ray - sist  A largely meaningless word favoured by leftists when losing a debate.

:shh

Link?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4509 on: May 30, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4510 on: May 30, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4511 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:35 PM »

Shorten is imploding. :lol

https://www.theage.com.au/federal-election-2019/bill-shorten-blames-corporate-leviathans-and-the-media-for-labor-s-shock-election-loss-20190530-p51sqt.html

hahahahaha dio you have made my day reading that.

Its got Killary writen all over it and to think people voted for this clown, gee wiz. Looking forward to seeing this bloke implode on the front bench

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4512 on: June 01, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »

The one thing I would like to know is what is the Morrison government going to do.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4513 on: June 02, 2019, 08:11:37 PM »

The one thing I would like to know is what is the Morrison government going to do.

They've just announced their new cabinet. I assume they will get on with governing the country.... :shh

Just noticed on a state level that tram drivers rejected a 12% pay increase. Already they are relatively overpaid compared to teachers and nurses, they are demanding a lot more from Dan Andrews.... :shh :shh

Imagine what would have happened at a Federal level had Shorten got in..... :shh :shh :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4514 on: June 03, 2019, 05:20:20 AM »