Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 738960 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4530 on: June 10, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
LMAO @ anyone who takes Guardian articles seriously...they're like The Onion except those idiots are actually serious... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4531 on: June 10, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4532 on: June 21, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »
Mods please close thread

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4533 on: June 21, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
Yep if we're gonna get banned for making fun of this crap then close the thread. This is baiting by 'Him'
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4534 on: June 21, 2019, 02:31:35 PM »
Yep if we're gonna get banned for making fun of this crap then close the thread. This is baiting by 'Him'

read between the lines mate.

It suits the mods to have 65 go on a daily teary rant because like him they have been hurt by the result of the greatest political victory since the great don :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4535 on: June 21, 2019, 04:19:33 PM »

It suits the mods to have 65 go on a daily teary rant because like him they have been hurt by the result of the greatest political victory since the great don :shh

Nothing could be further from the truth but that doesn't suit your argument I suppose.

Actually TBH your post is offensive to me but it can stay. Calling into question our integrity around the removal of posts when the rules have been consistently applied is as I said offensive   >:(

Facts are the recent posts that were deleted in this thread and the other one on this board  were deleted because the were reported

We have applied the same criteria here that we did a few weeks back (much to many folks angst) when posts were reported. that is the reported posts being removed. It's called consistency.....

And when multiple posters post the same thing directed at on poster that is clearly baiting - we have little choice but remove them. And in case you've forgotten constant baiting of posters can lead to the issue of strikes under the sites 3 Strikes policy. In this case we have not done that; instead just removed the offending posts

As for this

When the same type of post (hint the word repeated was imploding) directed at a single poster repeated time and time again by multiple posters is not having a bit of fun. Under the site rules that is baiting and is not allowed

Last time I checked this thread is called "Political thread" which means people can post what they like about politics, how often they like as long as they don't break the rules. If you don't like what the person is posting either dont read it or just ignore. I know that's what i"ve done and trust me it isn't that hard ...

As a very wise lady told me growing up "Better to ignore a fool than encourage one"

If you don't agree with the post then debate the issue rather playing the man; again it isn't that hard
 :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4536 on: June 21, 2019, 05:12:59 PM »

:shh

As a very wise lady told me growing up "Better to ignore a fool than encourage one"

Have I misread this or are you calling me a fool?

:fencing

That's how I read it too :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4537 on: June 21, 2019, 05:37:17 PM »

Have I misread this or are you calling me a fool?

:fencing

Sad when you have explain things to a micro level. I honestly thought people would be able to get the bloody message   :banghead

Try this ....

If someone says, writes or post something that you think is foolish or stupid, then in that instance yes you would think they are a fool... sure everyone person on this site has felt that way over the journey

So as my late Mother used to say "Better to ignore a fool than encourage one"

In other words ignore what they've written or said rather than replying and encouraging more of the same that YOU as individual thinks is foolish

So in answer to your question NO  :banghead

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4538 on: June 21, 2019, 10:19:20 PM »
He’s taking the pee now and all because the little union prick lost

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4539 on: June 21, 2019, 10:41:50 PM »
#protectedspecies #notallreportedpostsareequal :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4540 on: June 22, 2019, 02:53:41 AM »
Reminder: If you don't want to see/read another poster's posts then place their username in your "ignore list". That's what it is there for! 

Profile -> Modify profile -> buddies/ignore list -> Edit ignore list -> Type in username and click 'add'.

Otherwise, as WP said:
Quote from: WilliamPowell
Last time I checked this thread is called "Political thread" which means people can post what they like about politics, how often they like as long as they don't break the rules. If you don't like what the person is posting either dont read it or just ignore. I know that's what i"ve done and trust me it isn't that hard ...

If you don't agree with the post then debate the issue rather playing the man; again it isn't that hard

--------------------------------------------------

Pathetic low blow post, Frank!  :thumbsdown

My 75 year old mum has been in hospital for the past 2 1/2 months and had a setback about 3-4 weeks ago. So excuse me for putting my family first over your, 65's or anyone else's political whims  ::).

#protectedspecies #notallreportedpostsareequal :shh
Another cheap shot at the mods' integrity  >:(.

Of course not all reported posts are equal. Not every post that is reported is black & white. If the mods decide a reported post has breached the forum's guidelines then it gets edited or removed; if the mods decide it hasn't then it remains as is. The mods' decision is final.

This is a politics thread for the discussion of political issues and the only posts that have been removed are those that had nothing to do with politics. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:59:32 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4541 on: June 22, 2019, 04:22:31 AM »
Back to political discussion, the Senate has been finalised by the look of it.
LNP    35
ALP    26
Greens 9
PHON   2
Cen.All 2
Bernardi 1
Lambie  1

The government has a two seat majority in the House of Reps. So a net gain of one seat from 2016.
LNP     77
ALP     68
Bandt    1
Haines   1
Katter    1
Sharkie  1
Steggall 1
Wilkie    1

https://tallyroom.aec.gov.au/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4542 on: June 22, 2019, 10:14:49 AM »
Unfortunately Hinch has lost his Senate seat.

But at least he's left and important and lasting legacy with the National Sex Offenders Register

Pity more pollies can't say the same

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:10:26 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4543 on: June 25, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »
The worst Premier in NSW history can't be taken seriously :shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4544 on: June 26, 2019, 10:18:15 AM »
The worst Premier in NSW history can't be taken seriously :shh

True but she has already proven to be a match for Dutton.

:cheers
Only in a few people's eyes.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.