Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774348 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4800 on: April 07, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »
Labor couldnt organise a root in a brothel. Morrisson doing an great job.

He sure is. Leading by example. Tiger tragic/65 just cant see it, as he is still caught up in how they lost the last election.

Not true.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4801 on: April 07, 2020, 12:18:05 PM »
'65 still hasn't got over the '75 election...#maintaintherage :shh

Sad but true. I was there and it hurt.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4802 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
Still quiet on here :shh. MT still waiting for your comments about the country's performance led by Scomo? A sign of a great leader is one who can work with a team,  and he has certainly done that with the national cabinet.

Other than the imbecile Gladys if anyone can fault the performance of the federal government they have truly lost the plot. Even dan despite a few mistakes (golf, bonking) still scores very high.

It's been a remarkable leadership performance so far.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4803 on: April 09, 2020, 07:32:18 PM »
 Nice try. Scomo has done nothing but pinch other people's ideas.

Time will not judge him well.

:cheers

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4804 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:15 AM »
Scomo has made big decisions at a moment of national and internatuonal crisis. He has made decisions which will see millions of Australians stay in their jobs, he has made decusions which has saved thoysands of Australian lives. He is doing a great job at rhis time. I commend him for what he has done and how he has gone about leading the nation. Out of 10 Ud giv ed him 8.5. An outstanding petformance during tough times.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4805 on: April 10, 2020, 03:37:25 PM »
Scomo has made big decisions at a moment of national and internatuonal crisis. He has made decisions which will see millions of Australians stay in their jobs, he has made decusions which has saved thoysands of Australian lives. He is doing a great job at rhis time. I commend him for what he has done and how he has gone about leading the nation. Out of 10 Ud giv ed him 8.5. An outstanding petformance during tough times.

Rubbish. He has made a lot of announcements and that is all. The National Cabinet have made the decisions after hearing the best medical advice available.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4806 on: April 10, 2020, 04:16:01 PM »
TT your letting your leftist views get in the way
Of common sense and truth. Everything I said is true. Whether you or your labor mates like it or not doesnt count the only thing that counts is that we have a logical well spoken and reserved leader at the wheel and not some pee pot labor unionist leader who would bankrupt the nation and lead us into a national tragedy.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4807 on: April 10, 2020, 04:38:57 PM »
Of common sense and truth. Everything I said is true. Whether you or your labor mates like it or not doesnt count the only thing that counts is that we have a logical well spoken and reserved leader at the wheel and not some pee pot labor unionist leader who would bankrupt the nation and lead us into a national tragedy.

And Ramps your last sentence sums up why you got taken to task over your first statement. Your anti ALP rhetoric dilutes your point.

And BTW when the wage subsidy was first announced you were deadset at against it. Now you are saying it is good thing

And one last thing under this current govt prior to this crisis our national debt had increased every year. This isn't some leftist nonsense it is fact. But don't let your bias towards the ALP or any other party get in the way of the facts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4808 on: April 10, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »
Well thats ok WP, at least we arent wasting money on pink baty schemes, cash for clinkers and dodgy portables for schools. Thats labors legacy after the gfc.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4809 on: April 10, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »
Well thats ok WP, at least we arent wasting money on pink baty schemes, cash for clinkers and dodgy portables for schools. Thats labors legacy after the gfc.

By "dodgy portables" do you mean the school halls/gyms that are still in use now?

🤔

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4810 on: April 10, 2020, 08:44:05 PM »

And Ramps your last sentence sums up why you got taken to task over your first statement. Your anti ALP rhetoric dilutes your point.

And BTW when the wage subsidy was first announced you were deadset at against it. Now you are saying it is good thing

And one last thing under this current govt prior to this crisis our national debt had increased every year. This isn't some leftist nonsense it is fact. But don't let your bias towards the ALP or any other party get in the way of the facts

knew it wouldnt take you long to start throwing debt around WP. Can you only bring up our debt prior to this crisis, or are you going to include the debt position after and including the crisis? Just curious.  :shh

Ramps yet again on the mark. Imagine Shorten in charge. Well lucky for us he is not because he lost and it seems some still cant get over the fact Scomo is delivering. Would they rather more deaths or a curve thats not flattening so they can blame Scomo? or would they rather a team led by the PM that works together for the country. Scomo has shut a few people up and the tears shown by TT types is proof of that. TT you have lost the plot, time for a spell. You are treading down 65 territory at a rate of knots. By the time this curve truly flattens you will overtake his mantle.

WP is quite intellectual about these matters, once the bias is removed, so take some lessons there.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4811 on: April 10, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »

knew it wouldnt take you long to start throwing debt around WP. Can you only bring up our debt prior to this crisis, or are you going to include the debt position after and including the crisis? Just curious.  :shh

Ramps yet again on the mark. Imagine Shorten in charge. Well lucky for us he is not because he lost and it seems some still cant get over the fact Scomo is delivering. Would they rather more deaths or a curve thats not flattening so they can blame Scomo? or would they rather a team led by the PM that works together for the country. Scomo has shut a few people up and the tears shown by TT types is proof of that. TT you have lost the plot, time for a spell. You are treading down 65 territory at a rate of knots. By the time this curve truly flattens you will overtake his mantle.

WP is quite intellectual about these matters, once the bias is removed, so take some lessons there.

Words

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4812 on: April 11, 2020, 03:22:46 AM »
Labor(sic) would've listened to all the bleating from arseclowns like Adam Bandt, Tim Supersandwichmaker, John Pilger, Benjamin Law, #theirABCCP and the rest of the gaggle of far-left idiots and not quarantined people on Xmas island or stopped flights from China until much later for fear of being seen as "racist" and we'd currently be in the same boat as Italy & Spain or even worse... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4813 on: April 11, 2020, 09:32:29 AM »

Hate to break it to you Frankie but it was in fact Ramps who bought up debt (he will claim he didn't of course). He was critical of ScoMo when the wage subsidy was announced.  He constantly brings up how Labor would have us broke... I just pointed put that under this govt before this crisis this govt that you and he proclaim as being just on perfect has increased the countries debt (deficit) significantly. Whether you or anyone else wants to admit it the stimulus packages that were introduced during the GFC saved this country going into recession. Did they get 100% right? NO, but we avoided recession and that is a bloody good thing.

On your question of debt, I have no issue at all with the debt level rising due to the measures the govt has introduced to assist people during this crisis. Have they got it 100% right? NO, but they are doing the best they can under the circumstances. ***NB, ScoMo needs to do more around the rent situation. Domestic landlords are not "working it out" at all they are kicking out  >:(

What I won't do though is excuse then for the cuts they have made to so many things prior to this crisis.  You know my passion towards the NDIS and the cuts they have made to that are nothing short of abhorent. And on this there is nothing you or anyone else can say that will alter my view. Live with the system, see it get decimated and you'd feel the same way.

The only thing I would say here is that to suggest that if Shorten was PM or Albo or any other leader for that matter things would do things different and that here would be more deaths, the curve wouldn't be flattening is simple foolish and scare mongering. It wouldn't be. I believe anyone willing to take their politically biased glasses (whichever side) would know that. There is not one pollie in this country that would not do everything they could to keep Australians safe.

We may not like certain pollies but there is one thing I know and this is we are all in it together all us and the pollies know it too
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4814 on: April 11, 2020, 10:49:37 PM »
Rudd and Gillard got nothing right during the GFC. They put billions of dollars into the hands of fly by night pink batt installers, dodgy car deals and portable builders who fleeced the taxpayers. Billions wasted on products and services worth at best a couple of hundred million.
Gillard deserves credit for the NDIS but its the only decent policy her government delivered. They also should have stopped the NBN which is a national white c elephant. Instead of mothballing it they spent billions over 6 years. A complete waste.