Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766403 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4905 on: May 05, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »
Bottom line is, labor wont be getting in anytime soon and thank stuff for that

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4906 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »
Bottom line is, labor wont be getting in anytime soon and thank stuff for that

Not with Albo running their circus. Labor doesnt have alot of talent on thier front bench
 Looking at 20 years in the wilderness I reckon.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4907 on: May 05, 2020, 03:45:53 PM »
Fascinating article that outlines how Scotty from Marketing can dominate politics for the next ten years.

But is he and his team up to it?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2020/may/05/political-unity-could-be-scott-morrisons-most-potent-weapon-will-he-use-it

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4908 on: May 05, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »
Labor couldnt organise a pee up in a brewery. We all remember the calamity of Victorian Labor with the State Bank and Tricontinental. They left Victoria decimated. They spent billions on that white elephant desalination plant that doesnt produce anything. Then we had Rudd and Gillard lol. Pink batts cash for clunkers the most dodgiest schemes ever invented. Labor has form. They cant be trusted with the economy or the nations money. Scomo is a safe pair of hands. Showing impeccable leadership right now.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/cash-for-clunkers-new-calls-to-get-old-cars-off-the-road-123586.html?trackLink=SMH0

The car industry is preparing to lobby the Federal Government to introduce a “cash for clunkers” scheme to improve road safety and help the market recover from the longest sales slump since the Global Financial Crisis.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4909 on: May 05, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
LMAO - do you actually read any of the articles you post links to or just the headlines? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4910 on: May 05, 2020, 07:16:09 PM »
LMAO - do you actually read any of the articles you post links to or just the headlines? :shh

You need to try to be less abusive. How about an opinion that is not personal.

:cheers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4911 on: May 05, 2020, 10:15:08 PM »
You posted a link to an article that doesn't actually say what you implied then acted all smug about it as if it did :shh
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:14:32 AM by one-eyed »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4912 on: May 06, 2020, 03:49:56 PM »

Coalition in a bit of a mess in Eden Monaro by-election selection.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-06/andrew-constance-withdraws-from-race-for-eden-monaro/12219156

NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance has abandoned his bid to enter the federal Parliament less than 24 hours after announcing he would seek Liberal pre-selection at the Eden-Monaro by-election.

Earlier this week, NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro confirmed he would not contest the by-election for the Nationals.

Both men had previously pledged not to run against each other.

Mr Barilaro confirmed he would still not run, despite Mr Constance's change of heart.

After he withdrew from the pre-selection race, text messages sent by Mr Barilaro to Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack, the federal Nationals leader, were leaked to the media.

"Don't hide behind the 'members will choose the candidate' rubbish, as you were the only one saying such lines," Mr Barilaro wrote.

"Don't you think my branches would have backed me in?

"To feel threatened by me clearly shows you have failed your team and failed as a leader.

"You will never be acknowledged by me as our leader. You aren't. You never will be.

"The Nats had a chance to create history, to change momentum, and you had a candidate that was prepared to risk everything to make it happen.

"What did you risk? Nothing.

"Hope you are proud of yourself."

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4913 on: May 06, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »
Interesting read from an American living in Australia

From the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/05/scott-morrison-is-now-very-popular-australia-he-hasnt-earned-that/

Pretty sure I know what folks will post but a view from an outsider looking in, living here so worth a read
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4914 on: May 06, 2020, 05:07:01 PM »
Opinions are like assholes

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4915 on: May 06, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
Interesting read from an American living in Australia

From the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/05/scott-morrison-is-now-very-popular-australia-he-hasnt-earned-that/

Pretty sure I know what folks will post but a view from an outsider looking in, living here so worth a read

Hard to argue against?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4916 on: May 07, 2020, 08:10:56 AM »
Just another lefty with no idea.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4917 on: May 07, 2020, 08:50:16 AM »
dan andrews copping a nice whack and deservedly so. Kids need to learn you peanut.

just because a teacher contracted covid doesnt give justfication for this farce to continue a whole term to please his union mates.

Thank god our school allows us to bring them in, because unlike that idiot every one who works is essential as per what scomo says, and cannot educate and work.

Id rather listen to a national panel of medicos that some power tripper.

What the Federal education minister said today was the most pathetic effort of any pollie during this crisis.

Left the Victorian opposition looking good

Gutless wonder has withdrawn his comments and used being frustrated as an excuse

Think you will find your leader ScoMo has told Tehan to pull his head in.

And Frankie thought you better than this."power tripper". Please.. reason are clear also what the plan is

Did you miss the bit about mass testing for a fortnight and then a decision will be made on the remainder of term 2. Schools are open to suggest they are not is not true. Further other states have their schools "closed" too. Didn't get Tehan mention thst

And finally you are aware that ScoMo's kids are not at school because their schools are closed and they aren't schooled on Victoria. hence the govt's bribe to private schools this week. And please don't defend it, it is a bribe

they are closed true and thats because the school holidays only ended last week, though it doesnt suit your argument so you left that part out hey

Kids have missed 1 week in NSW. FACT

you obviously dont have kids because by the sounds of it education isnt your strong suit. You call it what you want, as a left i would expect nothing else. I call it a PM wanting kids to learn, as he is not happy about the long term damage. Open your eyes FFS.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4918 on: May 07, 2020, 08:51:56 AM »

Correct, not sure why WP would even post garbage like that. I'm not sure about you but i didnt even open the link.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4919 on: May 07, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »

Correct, not sure why WP would even post garbage like that. I'm not sure about you but i didnt even open the link.

Good to keep an informed opinion hey?