Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766242 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5145 on: June 17, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »
The state election is 2 years away. What do you think the public will remember. A corrupt handful of politicians no longer in politics or Dan Andrews role in cleaning up the party?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5146 on: June 17, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
How many more ALP ministers were involved here. I reckon there is more to come and more who will lose their jobs. Its just the tip of the iceberg.

Be honest you are just being hopeful.

I know how Labor and its factions work. Its the tip of the iceberg.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5147 on: June 17, 2020, 12:36:30 PM »
How many more ALP ministers were involved here. I reckon there is more to come and more who will lose their jobs. Its just the tip of the iceberg.

More wishful thinking. It must really annoy you that the Labor party has moved so swiftly. This will, well before the next election, become a non issue.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5148 on: June 17, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »

More wishful thinking. It must really annoy you that the Labor party has moved so swiftly. This will, well before the next election, become a non issue.

I think so too. And Andrews will likely be re-elected since he's doing a good job!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5149 on: June 17, 2020, 05:04:27 PM »
I blame scomo for this rorting, alp stealing. Ooh wait sorry wrong guy doesnt count.

Watching these scum bags get what they deserve has been magnificent.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2020/06/15/christain-porter-mandatory-minimum-sentences/

what a bunch of left wing  suckers this party has become

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5150 on: June 17, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »

Damage is done. Plenty, of which i have spoken to a few, will never vote for them again. Its great to see the carnage from these bunch of thieving pricks.

why would you vote for a party who fights for pedophiles rights? :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5151 on: June 17, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »

Scotty from Marketing's nerve may be fraying.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/the-economy/with-economic-recovery-far-from-assured-the-pm-s-nerve-may-be-fraying-20200616-p5530s.html

''Looking back, Scott Morrison's response to the coronavirus has been masterful on the medical side and, on the economic side, his willingness to spend money cushioning the job-threatening consequences of the lockdown was unstinting. But (and there had to be a but) with the economy's recovery far from assured I fear his nerve may be cracking."

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5152 on: June 17, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »
dan the dictator is getting desperate now. No where to turn but to pick fights. :birthday

Daniel Andrews' border comments labelled 'desperate distraction'
South Australian senator Simon Birmingham has put a rather serious spin on a spat over his state's decision to keep its borders with Victoria and NSW closed.

"I think [Daniel Andrews' comments are] a desperate distraction from the endemic corruption occurring in the Victorian branch of the Australian Labor Party," he told the National Press Club.

"And that Daniel Andrews, rather than going out and seeking to try to get one of those great headline-grabbing distractions of state-versus-state rivalry, should have much bigger issues to deal with."

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/wall-st-heads-for-third-straight-gain-20200617-p553a9?utm_content=TODAYS_TOP_5&list_name=2F6E16F3-E586-4778-AFFF-33811F208B65&promote_channel=edmail&utm_campaign=market-wrap&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=2020-06-17&mbnr=MjI4Mzg5MTk&instance=2020-06-17-17-03-AEST&et_cid=29245856&et_rid=424316&Channel=Email&EmailTypeCode=&LinkName=https%3a%2f%2fwww.afr.com%2fpolitics%2ffederal%2fwall-st-heads-for-third-straight-gain-20200617-p553a9%3futm_content%3dTODAYS_TOP_5%26amp%3blist_name%3d2F6E16F3-E586-4778-AFFF-33811F208B65%26promote_channel%3dedmail%26utm_campaign%3dmarket-wrap%26utm_medium%3demail%26utm_source%3dnewsletter%26utm_term%3d2020-06-17%26amp%3bmbnr%3d%25%25%3dReplace(Base64Encode(subscription_id)%2c%27%3d%27%2c%27%27)%3d%25%25%26amp%3bins

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5153 on: June 17, 2020, 05:23:25 PM »

Damage is done. Plenty, of which i have spoken to a few, will never vote for them again. Its great to see the carnage from these bunch of thieving pricks.

Carnage, what carnage?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5154 on: June 17, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »
dan the dictator is getting desperate now. No where to turn but to pick fights

Daniel Andrews' border comments labelled 'desperate distraction'
South Australian senator Simon Birmingham has put a rather serious spin on a spat over his state's decision to keep its borders with Victoria and NSW closed.

"I think [Daniel Andrews' comments are] a desperate distraction from the endemic corruption occurring in the Victorian branch of the Australian Labor Party," he told the National Press Club.

"And that Daniel Andrews, rather than going out and seeking to try to get one of those great headline-grabbing distractions of state-versus-state rivalry, should have much bigger issues to deal with."

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/wall-st-heads-for-third-straight-gain-20200617-p553a9?utm_content=TODAYS_TOP_5&list_name=2F6E16F3-E586-4778-AFFF-33811F208B65&promote_channel=edmail&utm_campaign=market-wrap&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=2020-06-17&mbnr=MjI4Mzg5MTk&instance=2020-06-17-17-03-AEST&et_cid=29245856&et_rid=424316&Channel=Email&EmailTypeCode=&LinkName=https%3a%2f%2fwww.afr.com%2fpolitics%2ffederal%2fwall-st-heads-for-third-straight-gain-20200617-p553a9%3futm_content%3dTODAYS_TOP_5%26amp%3blist_name%3d2F6E16F3-E586-4778-AFFF-33811F208B65%26promote_channel%3dedmail%26utm_campaign%3dmarket-wrap%26utm_medium%3demail%26utm_source%3dnewsletter%26utm_term%3d2020-06-17%26amp%3bmbnr%3d%25%25%3dReplace(Base64Encode(subscription_id)%2c%27%3d%27%2c%27%27)%3d%25%25%26amp%3bins

You are kidding?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5155 on: June 17, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »

aarg yes when it suits you then lets drum up the other side. Lets head back to the bushfire fiasco shall well. I recall you refuse to acknowledge who was in charge of Black Saturday, that but went to town on a guy who made the wrong choice to go to hawaii for a few days, and has no real bearing on state issues. You have a history of picking only one side, lets be honest.

Sorry Frankie you and I both know when I was talking about the job Andrews was doing I was talking about the pandemic

The only reason I bough up the "other side" as you call it is because that is exactly you did over the ScoMo and sports grant rort

Now again you bring up (again) something else to divert away from the current discussion but I will none the less indulge you

Back Saturday - Brumbie was premier not Andrews. A royal commission has proved that although the response to the fires was acceptable (I don't totally agree with that BTW) the events and practices that led to state being in the condition it was that basically meant the state was catastrophe in waiting (like the majority of Aust I might add) is clear in it's findings. The govts of the day stuffed up - that's governments at all levels

Clear enough?

ScoMo deserves every whack that comes his way for not being here last Nov/Dec. What you don't wish to acknowledge is his office lied about it, that is the worst part of it... and ScoMo allowed it

Rorting lying stealing its all bad, no matter who is involved and a royal commission into the Victorian Libs will bring more of their lies.

You seem to have changed your tune just a tad about rorting??? You were not this outraged when the Sports Grant rorting came to light

And to be honest i have no idea what you are talking about "a royal commission into the Victorian Libs will bring more of their lies"???

There is only only Premier who said this.

"I will not sit down, never sit down and negotiate with people who refuse to call out denigration of women.”

can we get your views on that now?

The Victoria Liberals are a mess and the fish rots at the top. He needs to come out today and sack all those involved for a start then look himself in the mirror

I think you mean Victorian Labor although you are correct the Victorian Libs are in a mess  :snidegrin. Abolsute joke of a party

I don't need to give my views because ....

And guess what he did, Sacked him and he has been kicked out of the Labor party... 9am this morning

As for the language used by the charming ex Minister - don't think I need to make any comment.... though I did have chuckle as some of the homophobic and sexist comments made on this forum over the years have been just as bad 

He has been referred to IBAC & the Vic Police. IBAC is an independant body so let's just see what happens next.

I know who was premier back then and i knew it wasnt brumby. I have brought this up before with you, earlier this year. When it happened this year ai went back and searched, and oddly enough oddly any brumby bashing back then  :shh :shh more deaths, more warnings, and yet not much content.

IIRC you said a few months back Scomo was worse than Abbott or just about as bad. So what are your thoughts on Daniel Andrews? This should be great to hear, because i can assure you if it was the other way caught red handed,  you would be sending Scomo or anyone from the libs to the Guantanamo bay.

This is Dan the man in 2018, knowing full well about his old mate Somyurek's conduct earlier. But yeah he sacked him straight away this time only after he gave him a second go. hahaha

There is only only Premier who said this.

"I will not sit down, never sit down and negotiate with people who refuse to call out denigration of women.”

can we get your views on that now?

many articles written about the perve in 2015, yet ignored by Dan. I wonder if he knew he was forging signatures and every please other illegal activity you can think of.  :shh

So the question i'm asking you is what do you think of Daniel Andrews and his team now?  Just an honest question.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-23/victorian-minister-adem-somyurek-stood-down-alleged-bullying/6492286

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5156 on: June 17, 2020, 09:43:01 PM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/two-victorian-labor-mps-in-robost-altercation-at-parliament-cafe/9473434

yeah na all good nothing to see here, they are all great ethical and upstanding people.

what a party  :lol :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5157 on: June 17, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »

we hope but at the end of the day im happy they are shown up as a bunch of corrupt pricks, which is a great thing. The democrats of australian politics defending against pedo mandatory sentencing. What a great lot they truly are.

The bigger picture is albo is once again in no mans land.

Bloke can hardly string 2 words together and whats he going to do now.

Scomo is streets ahead, and rightly so. Made of steel that bloke.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2020/06/07/pm-scott-morrison-maintains-his-high-approval-ratings/

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5158 on: June 18, 2020, 05:32:42 AM »

After all the crap spoken on this forum about the Victorian government and China's Belt and Road program.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/australia-could-partner-with-china-on-belt-and-road-initiative-projects-20200617-p553j9.html

"Trade Minister Simon Birmingham has left the door open to Australia partnering with China on infrastructure projects in other countries under an agreement it signed with Beijing covering the controversial Belt and Road Initiative."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:22:55 AM by Tired Tiger »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5159 on: June 18, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
"considering" and "existing". Perhaps you need to look those 2 words up.

Fake news