Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766358 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5505 on: November 27, 2020, 09:21:06 AM »
is that like when you said shorten was a dead set certainty? or when scomo should walk for going to hawaii, and andrews shouldnt?

your assumptions over the years are amusing to say the least.

Got Shorten wrong that's for sure.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5506 on: December 01, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »
bit quiet on here. Must be reading up on all the china deals in the pipework. :shh

IMO 2 blokes have stood up to china, and one is still standing. We also have one who continues to lick their date.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5507 on: December 01, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
is that like when you said shorten was a dead set certainty? or when scomo should walk for going to hawaii, and andrews shouldnt?

the scomo bias when he went to hawaii vrs the dan incompetence makes for very good reading, especially the notable absentees this time round.

at least you are consistent 65, in that you rarely go missing despite your many political shortcomings.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5508 on: December 02, 2020, 06:56:13 PM »

the scomo bias when he went to hawaii vrs the dan incompetence makes for very good reading, especially the notable absentees this time round.

at least you are consistent 65, in that you rarely go missing despite your many political shortcomings.

Was that almost a compliment?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5509 on: December 02, 2020, 07:00:31 PM »
Anyway. There is so much to choose from but I settled on more on the Sports rorts affair

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/sports-rorts-inquiry-accuses-government-of-obstructing-its-investigation

An inquiry into the sports rorts scandal has accused the government of “obstruction” after the former minister, Bridget McKenzie, refused to appear and her successor blocked the release of advice about the legality of the $100m program.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5510 on: December 04, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
65, can we please get an update on the economy and the stimulus placed? Also any comments on scomo and his attitude to China, or would you prefer the hand shake dan andrews style agreements?

Can you imagine how much better we would be if dan and his party didnt stuff the state up. Even a bright spark like yourself can admit that.

The homebuilder scheme that you and a few others were quite vocal about, is one of the greatest incentives ever introduced.

Its time you bring yourself to paying homage to the great work Scomo has done. Scary to think there are a few silent majoritys on here that voted for Shorten :lol :lol :lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5511 on: December 04, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

Answers in red below.

65, can we please get an update on the economy and the stimulus placed?

Lots of fiscal cliffs to come. End of JobSeeker subsidy, end of JobKeeper, end of rent relief, end of mortgage deferment, end of ban on rental evictions to name a few.

Also any comments on scomo and his attitude to China, or would you prefer the hand shake dan andrews style agreements?

The whole China trade fiasco started when ScoMo shot his mouth off about a need for an enquiry into the source of COVID19.

Can you imagine how much better we would be if dan and his party didnt stuff the state up. Even a bright spark like yourself can admit that.

631 Victorians have lost their lives in federally funded and regulated aged care homes. There were no deaths in the state run aged care homes

A better regulated system would have seen most of those lives saved.

Morrison and Colbeck could have saved a lot of those lives. FACT.

The homebuilder scheme that you and a few others were quite vocal about, is one of the greatest incentives ever introduced.

Middle class handouts designed to shore up ScoMo's voting base.

Its time you bring yourself to paying homage to the great work Scomo has done.

The Feds have done little to nothing. It's the States that have done all the heavy lifting.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5512 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:03 PM »

Also any comments on scomo and his attitude to China, or would you prefer the hand shake dan andrews style agreements?

The whole China trade fiasco started when ScoMo shot his mouth off about a need for an enquiry into the source of COVID19.

Even I can't ignore this one.

The Prime Minister of Australia was within his right on our behalf to say a there is a need for an enquiry around the source of COVID. It should happen. China needs to be held to account here. As importantly anything that will assist in ensuring this doesn't happen again should happen.

ScoMo isn't the only leader who (***and to be clear I am not referring to the soon to be former President of the USA either) who said it needed to happen.

You may wish to blame this trade fiasco at the foot of the current govt but the fact is the single biggest underlying factor as to why China can play "bully boy" here is because Australia relies so heavily on imports from China. Manufacturing in this country of so many day to day items no longer exists and who has benefitted from that? China and they know it.

Clothing, Kitchen items (cutlery, crockery etc) are items that are hardly made here if at all anymore. Where do they mainly come from? China...see the pattern here

Who's to blame? Multiple governments for not working harder to protect manufacturing and society for being more interested in paying $5 for a T-shirt made in China than paying $8 for an Australian made one

Why do you think that other countries who been critical have been spared the tarriffs, Ships being denied entry "fiasco"? Because they are not as reliant as we are on their imports

Clothing, Kitchen items (cutlery, crockery etc) are items that hardly made here if at all. Where do they main come from? China...see the pattern here

Collectively, even if unintentionally we and many other countries have given China the power to be the bully because of our/their reliance on them.

So I actually applaud him for speaking out and wanting to get answers.

Reckon for the lives lost around the world answers are deserved

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5513 on: December 04, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
Sure but if he hadn't shot his mouth maybe none of the tariff stuff would have happened.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5514 on: December 04, 2020, 03:04:05 PM »

Even I can't ignore this one.

The Prime Minister of Australia was within his right on our behalf to say a there is a need for an enquiry around the source of COVID. It should happen. China needs to be held to account here. As importantly anything that will assist in ensuring this doesn't happen again should happen.

ScoMo isn't the only leader who (***and to be clear I am not referring to the soon to be former President of the USA either) who said it needed to happen.

You may wish to blame this trade fiasco at the foot of the current govt but the fact is the single biggest underlying factor as to why China can play "bully boy" here is because Australia relies so heavily on imports from China. Manufacturing in this country of so many day to day items no longer exists and who has benefitted from that? China and they know it.

Clothing, Kitchen items (cutlery, crockery etc) are items that are hardly made here if at all anymore. Where do they mainly come from? China...see the pattern here

Who's to blame? Multiple governments for not working harder to protect manufacturing and society for being more interested in paying $5 for a T-shirt made in China than paying $8 for an Australian made one

Why do you think that other countries who been critical have been spared the tarriffs, Ships being denied entry "fiasco"? Because they are not as reliant as we are on their imports

Clothing, Kitchen items (cutlery, crockery etc) are items that hardly made here if at all. Where do they main come from? China...see the pattern here

Collectively, even if unintentionally we and many other countries have given China the power to be the bully because of our/their reliance on them.

So I actually applaud him for speaking out and wanting to get answers.

Reckon for the lives lost around the world answers are deserved

So you agree with the rest of my post then?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5515 on: December 04, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
To be honest it wasn't just ScoMo shooting his mouth (trying to be first to condemn China) that annoyed the Chinese.

Banning Huawei from Australia's 5G network, Australia's criticism of China's handling of Hong Kong, and Australia's participation in the Quad didn't help either

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5516 on: December 04, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »

😡 :thumbsdown >:(

I did not make any reference or offer any opinion to any other part of your post and have no intention to do so today, tomorrow or ever.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5517 on: December 04, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »
 ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5518 on: December 04, 2020, 06:14:50 PM »

😡 :thumbsdown >:(

I did not make any reference or offer any opinion to any other part of your post and have no intention to do so today, tomorrow or ever.

You need to build a bridge.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5519 on: December 04, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
stuff China

Anyone that thinks Scomo did the wrong thing speaking out and wanting answers is in fantasy land ..

China are lying filth of the highest order. There would have been MILLIONS die over there from COVID. And they just lie and lie and lie about the numbers. It will have wiped out a massive number of their aged population. And at the same time caused economic carnage around the rest of the world.

I know I would like to know the truth about what happened. We will never find out though .. and our great grandkids generations will be the ones to suffer as we try and get ourselves out of the financial poo shoot we will find ourselves in