Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774255 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5640 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:20 PM »
A sky news article? Is that the best you can do?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5641 on: January 31, 2022, 02:49:35 PM »
That is worthy of losing the leadership.

Absolutely disgraceful
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5642 on: January 31, 2022, 08:06:09 PM »
Remember Assange 65 is not biased.

Anyway it was also in news.com.au

A website old mate 65 quotes regularity  :lol

As the saying goes “as subtle as a shovel….”
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5643 on: January 31, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »
That's fraud Alby.

Should be goodbye from me.

What a sorry state our parties are in. Turd sandwiches and douchebags to pick from.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5644 on: February 01, 2022, 10:00:16 AM »
That's fraud Alby.

What a sorry state our parties are in. Turd sandwiches and douchebags to pick from.

Yep he should go but won't go like those before him who've done the same thing

The overall state of politics in this country at ALL levels is woeful.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5645 on: February 01, 2022, 11:48:36 AM »
That's fraud Alby.

The election season is well and truly underway. The regulations regarding these sorts of claims is set by an independent bi-partisan committee. Albo has not done anything illegal or fraudulent and neither has Lib Tim Wilson or the myriad of other pollies taking advantage of a questionable regulation. The Libs are getting desperate and are doing anything to deflect from their stuff-ups. The latest of which is the appalling state of aged care centres.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5646 on: February 01, 2022, 12:16:14 PM »
That's fraud Alby.

The problem is it isn't fraud. They are all 'allowed' to do it and they all do (major & minor parties and independents). It's been going on for years  :thumbsdown.

When anyone becomes an elected pollie you get handed a thick ::) book of all these claimable allowances. They virtually pay for nothing out of their base salary. Stationery, etc it's all claimable. They don't even pay to buy a newspaper :facepalm

"Federal politicians receive $273 [ed. it's now $291] a night to stay in Canberra, a travel allowance they can claim even when they stay in a property that they or their partner own.

Reports have revealed that on top of the allowance, MPs who rent or buy a property to stay in during work-related travel can also claim tax deductions for rent, interest on borrowings used for the acquisition of the property, rates, taxes, insurance and general maintenance."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/22/politicians-double-dipping-property-allowance-deduction-rules-mathias-cormann
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/taxpayers-footing-bill-on-treasurer-joe-hockeys-15-million-canberra-house/news-story/9f7aa113072b167e022ba34abde4da7d

When questioned the pollies all deflect to the same default response - "travel allowance is set independently by the remuneration tribunal and tax rules were set independently by the tax office, and applied equally to all members of parliament. I comply with all of the rules."

It's like a Yes Minister episode. The pollies all do it so it doesn't cost any side votes and this "independent" renumerations tribunal isn't going to upset their political masters and the system that appoints them.

Here are the members of the renumeration tribunal. All corporate types.
https://www.remtribunal.gov.au/about-us

Also here is the link to parliamentarians' expenditure:
https://www.ipea.gov.au/pwe
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5647 on: February 01, 2022, 02:06:46 PM »
Well I think it's disgusting.

But heck if they all do it then why bother will the article?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5648 on: February 01, 2022, 02:09:49 PM »
Well I think it's disgusting.

But heck if they all do it then why bother will the article?

Deflection, pure and simple.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5649 on: February 01, 2022, 02:48:52 PM »

Libs in disarray.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jan/31/liberal-preselection-turmoil-grows-as-nsw-executive-refuses-to-pass-morrison-plan-to-bypass-members

An attempt to endorse three prominent sitting Morrison government MPs without the need for plebiscites has been rejected by warring factions of the NSW Liberal party, dramatically increasing the prospect of federal intervention.

The result suggests there is now such a level of distrust between the factions that a deal will be hard to reach, despite the prime minister, Scott Morrison, taking a direct interest.

“Some people voted on a point of principle and do not want to bypass democracy, some want to poke the PM in the eye,” said one observer.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5650 on: February 01, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »

More turmoil for the Libs this time in the NT.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-28/nt-clp-senator-sam-mcmahon-resigns/100789798

Northern Territory senator Sam McMahon has resigned from the Country Liberal Party, a spokesman has confirmed, ending a 30-year connection.
The CLP traditionally sit in the Nationals party room in Canberra, meaning the Morrison Coalition government will lose a sitting senator to the crossbench.
Senator McMahon will continue to stay in the Senate as an independent, it is understood.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5651 on: February 01, 2022, 07:48:18 PM »
That's fraud Alby.

The election season is well and truly underway. The regulations regarding these sorts of claims is set by an independent bi-partisan committee. Albo has not done anything illegal or fraudulent and neither has Lib Tim Wilson or the myriad of other pollies taking advantage of a questionable regulation. The Libs are getting desperate and are doing anything to deflect from their stuff-ups. The latest of which is the appalling state of aged care centres.

Aged care centres? Is that the info you were sounding out the other day. Sounds like your were being bitter as usual and baiting for a topic you think you already had the answers for.

Clown.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5652 on: February 01, 2022, 07:50:54 PM »
That's fraud Alby.

Spot on WP. Some do it slightly better than others, or appear to,  but overall total garbage.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5653 on: February 01, 2022, 08:30:38 PM »
That's fraud Alby.

Aged care centres? Is that the info you were sounding out the other day. Sounds like your were being bitter as usual and baiting for a topic you think you already had the answers for.

Clown.

😁

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5654 on: February 02, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »

More trouble for the Libs. This time in NSW.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-02/morrison-calls-on-liberals-to-sort-preselections/100797874

A federal intervention in New South Wales' Liberal preselections is looming, amid a deepening split between the party's conservative and moderate wings just months out from an election.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has lashed out at the "childish games" and "factional rubbish" in NSW, which saw a ballot to endorse ministers Alex Hawke and Sussan Ley, and backbencher Trent Zimmerman, fail.