Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766150 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5955 on: May 30, 2023, 08:44:22 PM »
LMAO an opinion piece from the Red Guard-ian....a publication whose headlines these days are virtually indistinguishable from satirical sites like The Onion  & The Babylon Bee or the twitter feeds of parody accounts like Tatiana McGrath.... :shh

You know someone is struggling when they quote that tripe.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5956 on: May 31, 2023, 04:28:49 PM »
More trouble for the Victorian Libs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-31/ryan-smith-victorian-liberal-mp-resignation-sparks-byelection/102414882

Voters in Melbourne's north-east will head to the polls for the third time in just over a year, after Liberal MP Ryan Smith — a critic of leader John Pesutto — called time on his Victorian political career.

Mr Smith will resign on July 7 to take up a job in the corporate sector, forcing a by-election in Warrandyte.

-------------------

And here's a potential replacement.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/he-s-back-former-liberal-mp-tim-smith-considering-return-to-spring-street-20230531-p5dcrv.html

Former Liberal MP Tim Smith, who resigned from politics after a drunken car crash, could return to state parliament following the resignation of former minister Ryan Smith.

Speaking from London, where he has been living since late last year, Tim Smith told The Age that he was interested in rebooting his political career and running for preselection in the seat of Warrandyte in Melbourne’s north-east.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 05:24:46 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5957 on: May 31, 2023, 04:46:00 PM »
Notice you haven’t commented on anything happening in WA?

Wonder why ????
Probably because it's not our state and the change of leader wasn't due to him nor his party being on the nose. Similar to Gutwein in Tassie when he stepped down as premier. Don't remember anyone posting about that either.

Side note, thought it was fitting when Dan Andrews referred to him as “comrade”

Good on you China Man Dan .. would fit in perfectly as a communist .. even in your tweets
Surely, anyone could see that was nothing but a deliberate fishing exercise. It wasn't the first time either. He caught a full net too it seems  :shh.

Reminds me of the Keating quote to Downer - "This is the salmon that jumps on the hook for you".

:fishing
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5958 on: May 31, 2023, 06:17:14 PM »

The Libs looking after the well-off again.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/parents-will-pay-this-liberals-promise-to-abolish-victoria-s-private-school-tax-hike-20230530-p5dcji.html

The Victorian Liberals have promised to repeal the state’s incoming tax hike for private schools should the Coalition win government in 2026.

But Opposition Leader John Pesutto will not commit to axing Labor’s other tax measures despite opposing them, arguing his party needs to be “fiscally responsible” and assess Victoria’s finances closer to the next election.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5959 on: May 31, 2023, 07:56:19 PM »
 :lol :lol

"no we dont comment because it's not our state"  :shh

fmd i think i've heard it all now

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5960 on: June 01, 2023, 08:40:38 AM »
:lol :lol

"no we dont comment because it's not our state"  :shh

fmd i think i've heard it all now

Yep
Just like Gladys wasn’t mentioned in NSW
Be funny to look back on that topic and see who commented on that situation

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5961 on: June 01, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »
Every time I post in here I come back the next day to see it’s been deleted :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5962 on: June 01, 2023, 02:57:53 PM »
Gladys has resigned. In the end she couldn't stand the heat.

Plenty more (pages and pages)
But I liked this one best

Strange why anyone said anything … wasn’t our state , which is apparently the new measuring stick on whether things will be commented on

That must have changed since Gladys resigned

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5963 on: June 01, 2023, 03:35:49 PM »
Gee I wonder what side of politics Gladys was from? #notourstate :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5964 on: June 01, 2023, 03:44:57 PM »

Thanks for clarifying

The newly suggested #notourstate clearly only applies for the following
1- negative Labor scenarios
2- positive Libs scenarios

Everything else is fair game 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5965 on: June 01, 2023, 03:53:05 PM »
Yes we need claw & WAT here to comment on the McGowan situation as they meet the criteria..... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5966 on: June 01, 2023, 06:00:39 PM »

I wonder how many of our posters use AI to generate their posts.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/australia-considers-banning-high-risk-ai-despite-economic-potential-20230601-p5dd3y.html

High-risk artificial intelligence that encourages self-harm and sows disinformation could be banned as the government moves to get on top of the technology, which some estimate could boost the economy by up to $4 trillion by early next decade.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5967 on: June 01, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
Gladys has resigned. In the end she couldn't stand the heat.

Plenty more (pages and pages)
But I liked this one best

Strange why anyone said anything … wasn’t our state , which is apparently the new measuring stick on whether things will be commented on

That must have changed since Gladys resigned
You're comparing McGowan & Gutwein who both simply and voluntarily retired from politics while on top to a former premier who jumped before she was pushed because her secret pollie boyfriend in her government was caught doing dodgy deals in his electorate and she was caught on the phone speaking to him and not wanting to know about it. All while lecturing the rest of the country about being the "gold standard" :wallywink. Talk about apples and oranges! :facepalm

Gee I wonder what side of politics Gutwein was from when no one posted about his resignation? #notaconspiracy :shh

Typical desperate grasping at straws and made-up conspiracies because some can't handle that the LNP is a lost divided rabble stuck fighting amongst themselves in opposition across the country over whacko religious fringe and "cultural war" BS borrowed from America and pushed by the Murdoch media. Aussies aren't dumb Yanks! The LNP chose to no longer reflect let alone represent mainstream Australia anymore. The full blown denial and meltdown is hilarious  :rollin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:37:09 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5968 on: June 01, 2023, 06:49:54 PM »
Lmao typical brainwashed leftist midwit take thinking the LNP need to be Labor(sic) Light to win government......what an obvious con job by the leftist media & political class that is ....the LNP deserve to rot in opposition forever if they're dumb enough to fall for it......... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5969 on: June 01, 2023, 07:05:58 PM »
Lmao typical brainwashed leftist midwit take thinking the LNP need to be Labor(sic) Light to win government......what an obvious con job by the leftist media & political class that is ....the LNP deserve to rot in opposition forever if they're dumb enough to fall for it.........

Labor has taken the Centre normally occupied by the Liberals. Dutton's response has been to move further right, he is more concerned about keeping his current job (leader of the opposition) than he is about being prime minister.
God bless Mr Potato Head.