Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766406 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6150 on: September 04, 2023, 11:45:55 AM »
Can’t believe how short sighted Sneezy actually is

What an absolute fool

Times up

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6151 on: September 04, 2023, 04:26:19 PM »
I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a while now but I'm starting to believe it's time for him to go

Has to go. Now
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6152 on: September 06, 2023, 08:17:45 AM »
Cracks are appearing in the sneezy cabinet.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/labor-turbulence-over-qatar-decision-grows-with-senate-inquiry-called-20230905-p5e229

The prime minister initially told parliament he spoke to Virgin boss Jayne Hrdlicka about the application before a decision was made; he later clarified it was after Transport Minister Catherine King had blocked the flights.

Surprised he didn't run with the I can't recall technique.

Fancy choosing Joyce over the Australian people.

Airhead Albo it's time to go pal
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6153 on: September 08, 2023, 09:31:15 AM »
1st PM to divide Australia based on race, needs to go

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6154 on: September 08, 2023, 12:34:26 PM »

Must go .. it’s enough now

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6155 on: September 08, 2023, 01:17:06 PM »
#ApartheidAlbomustgo :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6156 on: September 09, 2023, 03:30:31 AM »
I know you love your cheeky quips and satire Chucky, but that comment is hilarious in its irony given the Australian Constitution was fundamentally built on dividing people based on race. The White Australia policy says hi!

The constitution refers to race several times, with Sections 25 and 51 (xxvi) specifically on the matter. Both sections have been enshrined in the Australian Constitution since 1901.

Then add that our head of state can only be a foreign Pommie monarch who lives on the other side of the planet while us Aussies of all ethnicities are banned; our pollies have to swear allegiance to this Pommie foreigner; the flag is a Pommie ensign with stars on it which still makes out we're some little subservient colony; and our supposed "national day" doesn't commemorate the actual anniversary of the birth of our nation (Jan 1, 1901), but instead the day the Poms arrived that no one outside Sydney gave a stuff about when I was growing up.

But apparently all this Pommie tug-fest doesn't put one 'race' that is now a minority above the rest of us, yet an advisory body to the parliament (the current costly failed top-down system which a 'No' vote will keep has failed Indigenous Aussies for decades), and correcting and acknowledging in the Constitution a simple fact that A&TSI people were here before the Poms arrived, will be the end of our lives and liberties as we know it :scared :chickenlittle. Funny, how this same hysterical crap was pumped out by the same monarchist/conservative faction of the LNP as well as the typical Murdoch shrills prior to Mabo and then again before the Apology, yet no one lost their backyards or livelihoods afterwards :wallywink and life carried on for the rest of us non-indigenous as usual.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 04:06:10 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6157 on: September 09, 2023, 10:14:07 AM »

I know you love your cheeky quips and satire Chucky, but that comment is hilarious in its irony given the Australian Constitution was fundamentally built on dividing people based on race. The White Australia policy says hi!

The constitution refers to race several times, with Sections 25 and 51 (xxvi) specifically on the matter. Both sections have been enshrined in the Australian Constitution since 1901.

Then add that our head of state can only be a foreign Pommie monarch who lives on the other side of the planet while us Aussies of all ethnicities are banned; our pollies have to swear allegiance to this Pommie foreigner; the flag is a Pommie ensign with stars on it which still makes out we're some little subservient colony; and our supposed "national day" doesn't commemorate the actual anniversary of the birth of our nation (Jan 1, 1901), but instead the day the Poms arrived that no one outside Sydney gave a stuff about when I was growing up.

But apparently all this Pommie tug-fest doesn't put one 'race' that is now a minority above the rest of us, yet an advisory body to the parliament (the current costly failed top-down system which a 'No' vote will keep has failed Indigenous Aussies for decades), and correcting and acknowledging in the Constitution a simple fact that A&TSI people were here before the Poms arrived, will be the end of our lives and liberties as we know it :scared :chickenlittle. Funny, how this same hysterical crap was pumped out by the same monarchist/conservative faction of the LNP as well as the typical Murdoch shrills prior to Mabo and then again before the Apology, yet no one lost their backyards or livelihoods afterwards :wallywink and life carried on for the rest of us non-indigenous as usual.

Spot on about our constitution MT.

I think people forget it is only 56 years ago that we changed our constitution to ensure Indigenous Australians were counted as part of the population. Up until that point they hadn't been. That referendum passed with over 90% being in favour. There wasn't fear back then and I will confess I struggle to understand why there is such fear now.

I say this alot but do your own research and make your own choice.

People are free to vote how they want on October 14th, it is the great thing about living in a democracy.

But it is incredibly sad how this referendum has been politicised by all sides of politics, the media and alike

Call me naive but this shouldn't be about politics. Just like the plebiscite and parliamentary vote we had on same sex marriage should not have been about politics but for some it became about politics.

Referendums should never be about politics and shame on those who have and continue to make it that way

Australia used to be so much better than that

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6158 on: September 09, 2023, 12:43:48 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

#ApartheidAlbo #MustGo #VoteNo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6159 on: September 09, 2023, 12:53:43 PM »

LMAO - have a go at this joke of "leader" sitting like a 12 year old girl busting for a pee....what an embarrassing excuse for a man....living proof we're at the weak men creating hard times phase of this cycle of history.......#ApartheidAlbo #MustGo. :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6160 on: September 09, 2023, 02:23:49 PM »
LMAO
Must go
Just has to go … if there wasn’t enough reasons slapping us in the face , then that photo has solidified it .. I’m sure his drink of choice is organic camomile with a soy/almond milk mix

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6161 on: September 09, 2023, 06:56:13 PM »
LOL at the LNP fanbois suddenly being triggered by a still photo that's six months old  :scared :chickenlittle :wallywink.

That's the Indian president Droupadi Murmu by the way. So, it was a ceremonial meeting. Most countries have their own head of state :shh.

Of course, we can compare Albanese who world leaders want to meet to old 'no friends' Scotty  :snidegrin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6162 on: September 09, 2023, 07:27:23 PM »

Spot on about our constitution MT.

I think people forget it is only 56 years ago that we changed our constitution to ensure Indigenous Australians were counted as part of the population. Up until that point they hadn't been. That referendum passed with over 90% being in favour. There wasn't fear back then and I will confess I struggle to understand why there is such fear now.

I say this alot but do your own research and make your own choice.

People are free to vote how they want on October 14th, it is the great thing about living in a democracy.

But it is incredibly sad how this referendum has been politicised by all sides of politics, the media and alike

Call me naive but this shouldn't be about politics. Just like the plebiscite and parliamentary vote we had on same sex marriage should not have been about politics but for some it became about politics.

Referendums should never be about politics and shame on those who have and continue to make it that way

Australia used to be so much better than that
I feel sorry for Ken Wyatt, who was the former Minister for Indigenous Australians in the previous LNP government. They clearly just played him and his efforts with empty promises because it was politically expedient to do so while they were in power. Now he's gone and the LNP is in opposition, they have flipped and now oppose everything once again just to play politics. As you say WP, there are issues like this that should be above politics. It's the failure on energy policy and climate denialism all over again, and it is Australia and its people who are held back for at least another decade or more and pay for it in the long run :thumbsdown

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6163 on: September 09, 2023, 07:46:10 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

#ApartheidAlbo #mustgo

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6164 on: September 09, 2023, 08:03:02 PM »
They can make up what they want but the fact is Albo must go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"