Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766250 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6225 on: September 28, 2023, 01:16:19 PM »
Nothing you say makes sense. A conversation with a 90 year old is your reasoning for him needing to go.

What at pathetic cheap shot a person you don't know based on what you think their age is?  :thumbsdown

You want to direct the cheap shots & pot me then go ahead but leave my Mum's bestie out of it >:( TBH it was gutless

Yes, I'm peeved and yes I'm sensitive when it comes to my family and extended family

Now back to your "nothing you say makes sense", is that just in this thread or in general?

My reasoning for it being time for him to go is simple (1) he has clearly lost the support of the rank file, rusted on ALP supporters and (2) more importantly his already huge ego has spiraled out of control. Many would argue that it's been out of control for years but the last 6 months and since the last election it had moved to an extreme level

Is that clear enough for you? Does it make sense?

On the pandemic how anyone judges what he did or didn't do, should have done is going to be determined on how you view the pandemic; how serious you thought it was or wasn't.

It was a once in a century event that no one had a clue on how to deal with it. Always found it amusing that people complained about the lockdowns or lockouts but no one ever came up with alternative on how it should have been dealt with.

Hope that makes sense

But whatever

I will paraphrase this for you AT.

i think he did a great job during the pandemic, I say no one "ever" came up with an alternative, but really i mean to say people did (not enforce this and that, much like other states/countries) but lets not go down that road.

Instead Lets just say no one came up with an alternative.

Its also once a century event, but on a federal level its not the case. They should have done this and done that and their debt is unacceptable.

#airheadlbomustgo

LMAO - guess WP's never heard of Sweden -or the Pandemic response that most countries had in place but then ignored because they got spooked by China's obviously fake videos of people collapsing in the street (not noticing they were all breakfalling like stunt doubles in a Bruce Lee film) and decided to copy China's response (remember all the halfwits demanding we should be building makeshift hospitals in a week because they saw footage of China doing it) . Just like WP & every other leftist doesn't remember that Labor(sic) wanted Jobkeeper to pay more and go for twice as long and put the country into even more debt or that in the beginning it was their American comrades the Democrats who were telling people to keep going out and enjoying themselves -Pelosi making a point of going to Chinatown in SF- and were more worried about people being "racist" toward Asians when Evil Orange Man banned all flights from China.  :shh

But hey that "inquiry" that the ALCCP has set up to protect their incompetent state comrades (the fact that it will also protect a couple of labor-lite LINO state goverments as well a small price to pay) and put all the blame on "Scotty from Marketing" (hur-dur-hur) will no doubt settle thing once & for all and the links that '65 will post to the ALPBC, Fauxfacts/Nein, Green & Red-Guard-ian will all agree.Just like when WP & 65 kept reminding us that the Federal Government was in charge of Aged Care yet could never explain why the nearly all the deaths in Aged Care happened in Victoria. :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6226 on: September 28, 2023, 04:48:29 PM »
Dio

Does that mean #albomustgo?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6227 on: September 28, 2023, 06:16:12 PM »
Yes #mustgo #apartheidalbo  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6228 on: September 28, 2023, 08:57:34 PM »
https://www.afr.com/companies/transport/king-went-against-department-advice-on-qatar-decision-20230928-p5e87d

Transport Minister Catherine King did not allow her department to open negotiations with Qatar over its request to double flights into Australia before abruptly blocking the bid nearly a year after it was first tabled.

The Department of Transport and Infrastructure confirmed at a Senate inquiry on Thursday that it had sent a negotiating mandate, which would have allowed it to enter discussions with the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority, to Ms King in early January. The officials did not hear back until Ms King’s office rejected the request to increase the number of services in July.

#imagineitwasdopeyscomo
#airheadmustgo

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6229 on: September 29, 2023, 09:27:43 PM »
Sitting in the Cavern Club in Liverpool. It's a bit hard to get enthusiastic about the constant drivel on this thread. Will be back in Melbourne in a week. Maybe then.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6230 on: September 29, 2023, 11:07:19 PM »
Is the cavern club still a functioning venue?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6231 on: September 29, 2023, 11:31:48 PM »
'65 probably wondering why The Beatles haven't showed up yet - stuck in the past like most decrepit old hippie Whitlamite boomers.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6232 on: September 29, 2023, 11:32:47 PM »
It's a bit hard to get enthusiastic about the constant drivel on this thread.

Annoying isn't it? :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6233 on: September 29, 2023, 11:58:46 PM »
Sitting in the Cavern Club in Liverpool. It's a bit hard to get enthusiastic about the constant drivel on this thread. Will be back in Melbourne in a week. Maybe then.

Amazing
You pollute the thread for years
Hardly a word spoken

Now it’s the other way and it’s “constant drivel”

Anyway, one of your boys walked away

Now for the next one

#albomustgo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:05:54 AM by Damo »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6234 on: September 30, 2023, 02:24:58 AM »
Is the cavern club still a functioning venue?

Yep.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6235 on: September 30, 2023, 01:21:51 PM »

Some amazing irony in that statement I must say ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6236 on: September 30, 2023, 04:01:09 PM »
I reckon we should ditch this thread myself.

Politics is always divisive and this thread just seems to bring out some poor behaviour.

We're all tigers at the end of the day.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6237 on: September 30, 2023, 05:28:02 PM »
Agreed - would rid the forum of a couple of things that clearly don't belong here. :shh

Unfortunately not Albo though. #must go

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6238 on: September 30, 2023, 08:56:21 PM »

Amazing
You pollute the thread for years
Hardly a word spoken

Now it’s the other way and it’s “constant drivel”

Anyway, one of your boys walked away

Now for the next one

#albomustgo

Word damo  well said.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6239 on: September 30, 2023, 10:30:31 PM »

Some amazing irony in that statement I must say ::)

Thanks WP
Often the word of reason