Author Topic: Chris Newman [merged]  (Read 93701 times)

tony_montana

Re: Chris Newman [merged]
« Reply #540 on: April 06, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »
Problem is until he calls time on his own, he will always get a game, cant see dimma ever dropping him

BINGO

Well that's Dimma's problem.

ours too

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
Mcdonughts has passed him by
It's one thing to say Newey is struggling but to say Mcdonughts has gone past him crap. Mcdonughts as you call him is as average as you get. Not quick, not strong, not a great kick, just small and lucky to be anywhere near the RFC. Nason mark2

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #542 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
I'd be happy with Nason mk.II....criminally underrated footballer who at least he ran his guts out and was a far smarter footballer than many dunderheads still on our list.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: April 06, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
I'd be happy with Nason mk.II....criminally underrated footballer who at least he ran his guts out and was a far smarter footballer than many dunderheads still on our list.
Worst player to play AFL. End of story.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #544 on: April 06, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »

Ignorant comment. Not even close. At least half a dozen worse on our list right now - better than half the current list purely on work ethic and football nouse alone.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #545 on: April 06, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »
Ridiculous comment about McDonuts.
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: April 06, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »

Ignorant comment. Not even close. At least half a dozen worse on our list right now - better than half the current list purely on work ethic and football nouse alone.
This will be interesting if you have the balls to back up your comments, but I'm guess you won't.
Name at least 6 players worse than Nason on you list now?
Name the half of our team that he is better than on work ethic and footy nouse?
Cannot wait for this.  :lol

the claw

« Reply #547 on: April 06, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
It's one thing to say Newey is struggling but to say Mcdonughts has gone past him crap. Mcdonughts as you call him is as average as you get. Not quick, not strong, not a great kick, just small and lucky to be anywhere near the RFC. Nason mark2
sheesh once again i find myself agreeing. to say mcdonough has got anywhere near what newman has done is laughable. im not sure about what he can become to compare him to nason seems harsh.
i think the real problem for us as a club moving forward is blokes like newman foley s edwards king vickery etc etc etc theres heaps of them.there is no real replacement for them at the same level atm.
to replace them with promising kids who have good attributes will mean a likely step backwards as they mature and gain experience. imo  they the club just dont have the fortitude to do that.it seems its finals or bust which was always going to be a concern.

on ben nason well he should never ever have been drafted  what a poor player.

Gigantor

« Reply #548 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »
yes the signs haven't been great.....but its round 3

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
sheesh once again i find myself agreeing. to say mcdonough has got anywhere near what newman has done is laughable. im not sure about what he can become to compare him to nason seems harsh.
i think the real problem for us as a club moving forward is blokes like newman foley s edwards king vickery etc etc etc theres heaps of them.there is no real replacement for them at the same level atm.
to replace them with promising kids who have good attributes will mean a likely step backwards as they mature and gain experience. imo  they the club just dont have the fortitude to do that.it seems its finals or bust which was always going to be a concern.

Do you see anything in Mcdonoughts to suggest he will be any good? Sorry to say but I don't.

the claw

« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

Do you see anything in Mcdonoughts to suggest he will be any good? Sorry to say but I don't.
to be honest i havent really seen enough of him to make a decent informed call on him. i agree that he seems to lack pace though and for a small player that can be terminal.
the little i have seen i have never ever thought him to be a mid or would become onebut again without seeing more i cant confirm that impression.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

Stopped reading when you said Mcdonughts is a poor kick. He's in the top 5 kicks at the club easily
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: April 06, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »

to be honest i havent really seen enough of him to make a decent informed call on him. i agree that he seems to lack pace though and for a small player that can be terminal.
the little i have seen i have never ever thought him to be a mid or would become onebut again without seeing more i cant confirm that impression.
Fair call.
But I recon I have seen enough. Just my opinion but I don't need to see 100 games to make a call.
Its just so hard for a player of his height and lack of any real weapon to make it at this level.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: April 06, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »

Stopped reading when you said Mcdonughts is a poor kick. He's in the top 5 kicks at the club easily
Stop reading or stopped thinking.  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #554 on: April 06, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

and you hve confirmed this for yourself how. by watching him or by what others have had to say.