Author Topic: Chris Newman [merged]  (Read 93764 times)

Ox

Re: Chris Newman [merged]
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
he wasn't great in defense either

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2013, 02:56:26 PM »
If he goes backward at the same rate he did last year (from 2011 to 2012), then I wouldn't be surprised if this year was his last.

the claw

« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
Should not play in the backline.

Grimes / Rance / Chaplin / Griffiths

Deledio / Morris / Bachelor / Dea / Helbig / Mcintosh / Vlastuin / Conca / Ellis / Houli

The defensive unit of six or seven should be allowed to develop together
agree griffiths aside he really should play forward..
pace has been a problem for him down back for yrs. have always thought he would make a fantastic running mid. he just goes and goes.
200 plus games we cant afford to just throw that away i reckon people still underestimate just how important enough experience is. for me bench player rotating thru a wing.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2013, 10:04:19 PM »
pace has been a problem for him down back for yrs. have always thought he would make a fantastic running mid. he just goes and goes.
200 plus games we cant afford to just throw that away i reckon people still underestimate just how important enough experience is. for me bench player rotating thru a wing.

Just hedging your bets there Claw :lol

the claw

« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

Just hedging your bets there Claw :lol
na just my gramma. was saying griffiths should play forward. bentleigh named griffiths down back. that was the only bit i disagreed with.

newman should have been moved to the midfield yrs ago he wont get a starting 18 gig in front of deledio and grigg atm  but he should spend significant time on the ground as part of rotations.
what would the average time on ground for a mid be anyway. 90minutes?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #395 on: February 23, 2013, 03:35:30 AM »
Having the weight of captaincy off his shoulders and moving into more of a midfield role seems to have done Newy a favour. He looked to be moving freely again and he was one of our best last night.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
"Showing the forwards how it's done kicking all those goals takes it out of you! Boys are rehydrating quickly, it was a hot one out there today"

http://twitter.yfrog.com/g0pcxjltj#jvxyPkdEBRhyGrtc.99

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
Was V good yesterday. Like him pushi forward. 

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2013, 05:24:19 PM »
This could be a fairly shrewd move by the tigers , he has the guile and rat cunning of a top flight HFF and boy he has a left hoof like an Exocet missile :shh...nice work if you can get it
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »
I'm really excited to see what he can do this season now that the shackles are off
30 goals from a hff/mid??  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: March 10, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »
Seems to have more penetration back in his kicking too.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01:57 PM »
okay lets be really honest here. His days of senior footy are over. He has been borderline rubbish for near on 2 years now. Too slow for our game.

If Newman is in our best 22 at the minute then we might as well be playing with a man down.

The output we get from him can very easily be obtained from Vlast, Edwards( :banghead) or White.

He has a neat foot so let him play off a HFF and if that doesnt work send him to Coburg.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
He seems to be one who is escaping some criticism, he is only averaging 15 disposals a game and hasn't been doing much at all really.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
okay lets be really honest here. His days of senior footy are over. He has been borderline rubbish for near on 2 years now. Too slow for our game.

If Newman is in our best 22 at the minute then we might as well be playing with a man down.

The output we get from him can very easily be obtained from Vlast, Edwards( :banghead) or White.

He has a neat foot so let him play off a HFF and if that doesnt work send him to Coburg.

Thought he was really good last week agaist the Bulldogs best game in a very long time

But Saturday as a senior player and a leader (though without an official title of leader) he was terrible. No spark, no leadership and average skills

on top of that he looked really slow on the weekend. It's been a concern for a while but sadly it stands out like a beacon when we are up against the really top sides

daniel: Fair enough calll I reckon

And you are right wayne he is escaping the blow torch that others are facing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »

Thought he was really good last week agaist the Bulldogs best game in a very long time

But Saturday as a senior player and a leader (though without an official title of leader) he was terrible. No spark, no leadership and average skills

on top of that he looked really slow on the weekend. It's been a concern for a while but sadly it stands out like a beacon when we are up against the really top sides

daniel: Fair enough calll I reckon

And you are right wayne he is escaping the blow torch that others are facing

yes exactly and there in lies the problem with Newman.

okay to good against spud teams like Buldogs and GWS but any other game goes missing.

We have carried this bloke for over 2 years

thanks for the service Newman but if you remain in the side you will be the longest serving player without a finals game.

IMo he should step aside from the senior team

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.