Author Topic: Chris Newman [merged]  (Read 93612 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Newman not ruling out one more season (AFL WEBSITE)
« Reply #780 on: July 08, 2015, 07:58:48 AM »
Settle everyone. Nowhere in the article does it suggest that he wants play another season at Richmond.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #781 on: July 08, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »
Settle everyone. Nowhere in the article does it suggest that he wants play another season at Richmond.

I think the article says he hasn't decided if he intends to. Which means he hasn't ruled it out or in

My point was and still is it shouldn't be his decision to make, it must be taken out of his hands

Whether he wants to go on cannot be his decision, it must be the Clubs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: July 08, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »

I think the article says he hasn't decided if he intends to. Which means he hasn't ruled it out or in

My point was and still is it shouldn't be his decision to make, it must be taken out of his hands

Whether he wants to go on cannot be his decision, it must be the Clubs

There was some audio yesterday on SEN of Chris discussing, in fairness to him he didn't seem overly confident that he would be and almost mentioned that he would have to work very to retain a spot in the team. Or something similar to those words.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #783 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »
Work very hard?

LMAO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: July 08, 2015, 11:57:50 AM »
Work very hard?

LMAO

Maybe he's taking the pee out of ORR poster's  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Chris Newman [merged]
« Reply #785 on: July 22, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »
Newy on the Talking Tigers podcast ....

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-07-21/talking-tigers-episode-19-2015

* It was sort of a better game on the weekend. I’ve been pretty disappointed the last couple of weeks and almost embarrassed with my output on the field.  So, I was really keen to rectify that and get a little bit more time forward and stay in the one position.

* It was good to hit the scoreboard and that’s probably the expectation going forward. Playing forward, you’ve obviously got to put a lot of pressure on, but also you’ve got to hit the scoreboard.  If you’re going to keep your position up forward, you’ve got to kick goals.  So that’s one thing I’ll be focusing on.

* The last couple of weeks I’ve been getting caught in between contests and haven’t been getting to a lot of front-and-squares and that sort of thing.  It’s something I’ll continually work on. But the one thing that I try and maintain is pressure around the footy.  I feel like I can bring that each week.

* It was just niggly early on but it has gone.  We’ve managed to get on top of it which is good. So, it’s just about maintaining that and keeping my strength. I’ve just got to try and keep nice and fresh now.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-07-22/newman-to-use-saints-as-a-springboard

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: July 22, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
* It was sort of a better game on the weekend. I’ve been pretty disappointed the last couple of weeks and almost embarrassed with my output on the field.  So, I was really keen to rectify that and get a little bit more time forward and stay in the one position.

Hmmmm no it was sort of not a better game if you were being brutally honest. A goal does't make it "sort of a better game"

As for being embarrassed with your output - well again TBBH you should be and perhaps you should of put your hand up and said the coaches "I don't deserve my spot right now"

You know show a bit of leadership

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #787 on: July 22, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
Embarrassed, ? 
A call up to VFL level is required, even then he would be a sub. Seriously he would not get a game with any AFL team.
He should just retire gracefully.

Agree wirh your leadership comment WP

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: July 22, 2015, 04:20:06 PM »

Hmmmm no it was sort of not a better game if you were being brutally honest. A goal does't make it "sort of a better game"

As for being embarrassed with your output - well again TBBH you should be and perhaps you should of put your hand up and said the coaches "I don't deserve my spot right now"

:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #789 on: July 22, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »

Scathing by Willys standards but correct.  :thumbsup
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #790 on: July 22, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »
Okay, this is going to be popular - NOT - but I happen to think Chris has been a fine servant of this club and if we make the finals and there is a way we can get him game time if not at the expense of a win, I hope he plays.

Ducking and weaving for cover now lol

I know, I know, we should smash and ridicule our elderly when they're past it but I'll just make an exception in this case  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #791 on: July 22, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
Froars, nice to see you

And normally would agree is the you but in this case he isn't giving enough to warrant his position in the side.vthats the issue here.

We are not a good enough side to be carrying blokes on sentiment

And can I add If it was good enough to plant J Bwoden on the VFL for last half of his final season then it's good enough for Newy  :snidegrin

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #792 on: July 22, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »
Froars, nice to see you

And normally would agree is the you but in this case he isn't giving enough to warrant his position in the side.vthats the issue here.

We are not a good enough side to be carrying blokes on sentiment

And can I add If it was good enough to plant J Bwoden on the VFL for last half of his final season then it's good enough for Newy  :snidegrin
Just don't write him off

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »
Would be a kind act if someone left a strategically placed banana peel in his path after training.....just sayin  ;)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #794 on: July 22, 2015, 05:30:44 PM »
Would be a kind act if someone left a strategically placed banana peel in his path after training.....just sayin  ;)
haha