Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11395 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:30 AM »
The coach describes our midfield as playing very poorly against Carlton. In or more less words saying they were smashed in the middle. He says that our defence and forward lines performed moderately against Carlton. We were very lucky not to get thrashed by Carlton. Carlton missed some absolute sitters in front of goal. We had one good quarter against Carlton. Jack and Newman were for me the only two players who played well throughout the game. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We need to be realistic. Whilst Claw's remarks may be viewed by some as harsh there is undoubtedly some merit in his criticisms. 

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »
The coach describes our midfield as playing very poorly against Carlton. In or more less words saying they were smashed in the middle. He says that our defence and forward lines performed moderately against Carlton. We were very lucky not to get thrashed by Carlton. Carlton missed some absolute sitters in front of goal. We had one good quarter against Carlton. Jack and Newman were for me the only two players who played well throughout the game. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We need to be realistic. Whilst Claw's remarks may be viewed by some as harsh there is undoubtedly some merit in his criticisms. 

Maybe the reason our midfielders had such a poor game last week was because we were smashed in the ruck. But what's the solution? Persist with Graham, who had an absolute stinker? Rush in Derickx, who has been out 2-3 weeks with a bruised heel? Or try Andrew Browne,who the consensus seems to be is not advanced enough in his development yet? Personally, I didn't think Vickery offered much last week either, others may disagree. It's not like we're drowning in choices. To make matters worse, Channel 10 news last night said the Saints were seriously considering bringing back Koschitzke. I hope he's underdone and lousy if they do.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »
when you call for nahas, one of the best, to be dropped, while leaving delideo in, one of the worst, you are obviously going on reputation rather than performance yourself.

besides that though, yeah, there is some merit.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »
lol you obviously havent read the thread. for me about 6 changes all justified. seems the bar is set very low with some.
the worst performed team of rnd 1 and only one change and that change is a kid  sheesh.
everyone sitting here praisiing up ineptitude what a joke.
did you actually see how poor we were for 3 whole quarters. imo 6 changes is being kind. players like deledio martin morton have got off scott free what they dished up was literally unacceptable and they should be let known in the only real way that these primadonnas understand.unfortunately others like edwards nahas white jackson graham mcguane vickery  dish up even worse efforts and get praised. we are not challenging in fact we will be battling to avoid the spoon  so set the bar right  now and say to the lot of em we wont tolerate that rubbish.

lol........If we did that every week we would soon run out of players!!
I'm not making up excuses for anyone but I don't think it was as bad as your making out, lets see what happens this week aye.

gerkin greg

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »
Out: Rance (susp.), Edwards (omitted)
In: Thursfield, King

lol you obviously havent read the thread. for me about 6 changes all justified. seems the bar is set very low with some.

And when we lose again this week...

Another 6 changes?

and the week after, another 6?

By round 4 we will be playing the Coburg side.

Not your best work claw.

:cheers

stuff me and blow me over, that's your best work 65  :cheers  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »
the worst performed team of rnd 1 and only one change and that change is a kid  sheesh.
everyone sitting here praisiing up ineptitude what a joke.
did you actually see how poor we were for 3 whole quarters. imo 6 changes is being kind. players like deledio martin morton have got off scott free what they dished up was literally unacceptable and they should be let known in the only real way that these primadonnas understand.unfortunately others like edwards nahas white jackson graham mcguane vickery  dish up even worse efforts and get praised. we are not challenging in fact we will be battling to avoid the spoon  so set the bar right  now and say to the lot of em we wont tolerate that rubbish.

Or don't have a knee jerk reaction and instead deal with the loss in an unemotional and productive way.  One change forced by suspension, keep teaching, keep learning, keep reinforcing, keep the faith.  Oh, bugger me, a great performance displaying loads of the possibilities our future holds.  Just as well those in the employ of the club hold the reins hey.