Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11375 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:11 AM »
Fire away ......

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »
Out: Edwards, Rance
In: Thursfield or Moore(if moore okay he should get the nod) and Tuck.
Would like them to bring in Derrickx and Taylor if possible but I don't think going to be wholesale changes

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
I can't believe what some people must watch? Edwards job on Murphy in the 2nd half was fantastic, don't see the purpose of whipping someone for whippings sake! Edwards added another string to his bow last night and he won't be going anywhere!

King in for Helbig

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »
I can't believe what some people must watch? Edwards job on Murphy in the 2nd half was fantastic, don't see the purpose of whipping someone for whippings sake! Edwards added another string to his bow last night and he won't be going anywhere!

King in for Helbig

Same for Rance, he played hard tough footy more than I can say about anyone el's in the side last night! yes he may have gave a goal or two away but he also saved a couple!!
I would be putting a rocket up Delideo's arse, He was our worst last night by a mile, a player of his calliber should be setting examples and last night he was playing for himself, not the team.....

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
I thought that we were a runner short last night, but Axel was sick so that might be the explanation.

Having the three newbies and Nahas made for four lightweight bodies, which was four too many. I'm all for playing the kids, so for me, Connors in, Nahas out, bigger bodied utility as the sub (maybe Dea or Tuck)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »

Same for Rance, he played hard tough footy more than I can say about anyone el's in the side last night! yes he may have gave a goal or two away but he also saved a couple!!
I would be putting a rocket up Delideo's behind, He was our worst last night by a mile, a player of his calliber should be setting examples and last night he was playing for himself, not the team.....

Spot on :clapping

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »
The contrast between Lids and Judd was quite striking last night I felt. Unfair? Well Lids often gets referred to as elite and is often spoken about in the same context as players like Judd. Perhaps it is unfair. Perhaps we should reassess our expectations of Lids. Good average player, not elite.

(I HATE stuffing JUDD. Epitome of everything Carlton, smug piece of poo. Great player though.)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
No change, give 'em another week.

I don't think anyone was terrible, but we need to get more centre clearances.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »

King in for Helbig

I would be putting a rocket up Delideo's behind, He was our worst last night by a mile, a player of his calliber should be setting examples and last night he was playing for himself, not the team.....

well said

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »

Granted his first half wasn't great but I thought his 2nd hald in particular his 3rd quarter was very good. Don't let that huge error in the fibnal qtr determine his efforts for the entire game

As for "playing for himself and not the team" ...er....no.....not even close.

Most selfish effort on the night belongs Robin Nahas in the 3rd taking when we were streaming forward and decided to take on the opposition when the clear & correct options was to release to OMG Deledio who was clear  :banghead....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
I thought that we were a runner short last night, but Axel was sick so that might be the explanation.

Having the three newbies and Nahas made for four lightweight bodies, which was four too many. I'm all for playing the kids, so for me, Connors in, Nahas out, bigger bodied utility as the sub (maybe Dea or Tuck)
Based on Nahas performance last night I cant see him being omitted. I have been a big critic of him over the last season and pre season, he made me eat humble pie. Was excellent in his chasing, pressure, desperation! Actually don't recall him falling to ground once last night?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »
Based on Nahas performance last night I cant see him being omitted. I have been a big critic of him over the last season and pre season, he made me eat humble pie. Was excellent in his chasing, pressure, desperation! Actually don't recall him falling to ground once last night?

DOn't think he will be dropped but I thought that act of selfish stupidity in the 3rd cost us a massive opportunity. He does it too often. Actually about 5 mins later, same type of play and he made the right call took the first option and low and behold we got a goal  :o
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 10:22:10 AM »

King in for someone would be the only change.

and start Conners on the field and have someone else as sub (Foley maybe)

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
When does Coburg start playing?

There are probably a half a dozen players I'd like to drop - I just don't know who has enough form for us to bring into the 22.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:45 AM »

Granted his first half wasn't great but I thought his 2nd hald in particular his 3rd quarter was very good. Don't let that huge error in the fibnal qtr determine his efforts for the entire game

As for "playing for himself and not the team" ...er....no.....not even close.

Most selfish effort on the night belongs Robin Nahas in the 3rd taking when we were streaming forward and decided to take on the opposition when the clear & correct options was to release to OMG Deledio who was clear  :banghead....

I have to disagree WP, Lid's unaccountability cost us at least a couple of goals, he dis improve in the second half for sure but hey a guy of his standard with the games he now has under his belt should be playing solid football at the least for all four quarters. It's not as if he was being tagged out of the game, he didn't play to structure and he didn't look as damaging as he can even when he had the ball. Also note, I never judge a players game on one mistake, I had forgot about the short kick of his that went wrong but unfortunately that just summed up his night really.