Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11393 times)

Ox

Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
Foley out - stuffing useless injury ridden dud.
Fair dinkum,what a waste of space.
In King

Con65

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
WP I disagree. I thought Lis didnt do enough last night.  Most players in the 3rd quarter were good.  But when the game was in the balance in the last quarter - Judd stood out like a beckon and Lids went awol.  There was a passage in the last quarter when Judd ran past Lids into the fwd 50 ...Lids wasnt sprinting to catch Judd...

I dont think Lids works hard enough when going the other way...with his pace he should be racking up the tackles and running guys down - he doesnt.  He is skillful and courageous but imho not defensive enough.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
No change let the kids have another go on the big stage on Friday Night Footy against the Aints.

BTW
Lids was woeful last night. One of his worst games in recent memory for mine.
Agree WP with your assessment on Nahas that passage in the third taking on the extra man and then dishing off to a man who was under pressure and dispossesed. We were streaming down the ground at the time was awful play should've dished off first time and as you put it very selfish. JUst for thie purpose of this conversation we got a goal out of it a 20 pt lead at 3qt time may or may not have produced a different result.

I thought Rance was good last night and when he got caught by Betts in the second was from a handball and no communication or shepherd from a teammate. At least for mine Rance was trying to create something.

Lets take a deep breath pause compose ourselves and see how the kids go next week against a top 4 side from the last three years. :thumbsup

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:45 PM »
Foley out - effing useless injury ridden dud.
In King

settle down.  foley had gastro the whole week that's why he was subbed off, not cos of injury.
get your facts right

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
Foley out - effing useless injury ridden dud.
In King

settle down.  foley had gastro the whole week that's why he was subbed off, not cos of injury.
get your facts right
I think brackets is referring to Foley's history of injuries, just to clarify.

I agree though peggles, watch Foley tear the Aint's a new one next Friday  :thumbsup

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
Based on Nahas performance last night I cant see him being omitted. I have been a big critic of him over the last season and pre season, he made me eat humble pie. Was excellent in his chasing, pressure, desperation! Actually don't recall him falling to ground once last night?

DOn't think he will be dropped but I thought that act of selfish stupidity in the 3rd cost us a massive opportunity. He does it too often. Actually about 5 mins later, same type of play and he made the right call took the first option and low and behold we got a goal  :o

I'll agree that Nahas was less worse than usual, but I saw a number of times when he was easily pushed aside or bumped out of contests that, if he were bigger, he would have been in with a chance of winning.

I agree that he was out there chasing, pressuring and being desperate.  I was also looking for him to fall over, but he managed to stay on his feet as he was being pushed out of the way by the stronger Blooze.  He just aint big enough to compete on the playing field.  On that basis, he has to go.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
Lids has a slow start to every season, add to that the fact that he's barely played in the preseason and I don't know why people are so surprised

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Lids has a slow start to every season, add to that the fact that he's barely played in the preseason and I don't know why people are so surprised

True, but it is still sad to see one of our A graders play like that last night in such a crucial game, I am sure he will drastically improve as the season wears on.......

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »

True, but it is still sad to see one of our A graders play like that last night in such a crucial game, I am sure he will drastically improve as the season wears on.......

As good as Lids is he has played alot of his best footy when the heat in our season has been extinguished. Last night was eye opening for me. Maybe I am blind but he really did need to stand up whilst we were under pressure and hold firm. He's in his 7th season. Some may see this as harsh and it may be a one off but I hope so but that was his worst effort IMHO.  

Last night kind of reminded me of the Coll v Rich game in 2001 when Collingwood in the last quarter fought back from four or five goals down at 3 quarter time to level up only for Brodders to come off the bench and win us the match by a couple of goals.

Last night I felt was similar. I felt if he stood up to the pressure and manufacured one goal it may have broken the Filth resolve after having so much of it for no result and we may have kicked another one or two goals to see out the game. Lids individually cannot be blamed for the loss but individually his efforts were selfish and second rate and from a leader in a situation like that of a young side that is unacceptable slow start to the season or not.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
Lids had an ordinary night but so too did Newman and Cotch up until half time. I don't think we should be dropping our best player based on one bad performance...

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »

I'm surprised at how loose he was - they were going through his man time and again and tearing us apart in the process. Sometimes you have to batton down the hatches, forget about getting loose and shut out your opponent when you're a defender. Yes hes clearly underdone but I was dissapointed in Lids last night. Needs to identify quicker that he needs to tighten up at certain times in a match and work into it from there

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »
Lids had an ordinary night but so too did Newman and Cotch up until half time. I don't think we should be dropping our best player based on one bad performance...

The point we are making is not to drop Lids or Rance but if Rance is to be dropped for a few errors he made despite his overall good game and effort then using that theory Lids should be dropped also for a poor game. No one is bigger than the team.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
Get off lids back ya pricks

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
I cannot believe anyone would want to drop Helbig after his performance he was a shining light. As for Edwards Murphy had 19 possessions to half time and Edwards gave away a goal just before half time when we were beginning to close the gap. I don't believe it is too harsh to be critical of him. His use of the ball was not good. We can't afford to give away cheap possession and easily goals

Con65

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
Get off lids back ya pricks

Why? No one is immune from having a bad game...and he had a shocker.  Call a spade a spade.