Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11416 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
i dont think you can drop a kid after there first game. king will come in but it should be for someone else.

Agree you can't drop a first gamer you would play them for at least 3 or 4 games.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 11:17:21 PM »
who plays on Nick Riewoldt?
Wouldnt try McGaune or Rance
If Moore aint right, thats leave Thursfield.
Thursfield has gone alright on Riewoldt in the past, but that was 3 years ago

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »
As for Edwards Murphy had 19 possessions to half time and Edwards gave away a goal just before half time when we were beginning to close the gap. I don't believe it is too harsh to be critical of him. His use of the ball was not good. We can't afford to give away cheap possession and easily goals
Edwards wasn't on Murphy until AFTER half time, he was specifically sent to him after he had such a strong first half.

As for whoever said that Lids needed to stand up in such a critical game, again I remind you that Lids barely had a preseason and is clearly underdone, secondly... how on earth was last night a "critical" game? It was round 1 after we finished 15th the year before. Finals and games to make the finals are critical, Round 1 in a development year isn't.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
As for Edwards Murphy had 19 possessions to half time and Edwards gave away a goal just before half time when we were beginning to close the gap. I don't believe it is too harsh to be critical of him. His use of the ball was not good. We can't afford to give away cheap possession and easily goals
Edwards wasn't on Murphy until AFTER half time, he was specifically sent to him after he had such a strong first half.

As for whoever said that Lids needed to stand up in such a critical game, again I remind you that Lids barely had a preseason and is clearly underdone, secondly... how on earth was last night a "critical" game? It was round 1 after we finished 15th the year before. Finals and games to make the finals are critical, Round 1 in a development year isn't.

Infamay, I said it and I will re literate my case tomorow, stay tuned......

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »
Edwards might be the only one to make way for Post  8)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 09:39:17 AM »

Mate, I probably over exaggerated a little but surly a round 1 clash in front of 70,000 people with the whole AFL community tuned in, a game that is in threat of us loosing because of past poor performances and a game that could in reality make or break or season has to be classed as an important match if not critical??
Yes it's only round 1 but hey how good would a win have been for a number of reasons?

As for Lids Yes he had a interrupted pre season but so did Judd and he still manged to rip us a new one. All I am saying is it's time for Lids to stand up and consistently be the player we all no he can be. He is playing across half back, it's not the hardest position in the world to play is it? He should have and could have played better!
With a bit of luck he will realise this himself and fire up next week but as a club if we are going to go forward he is one player thats need to make more of an impact and not just be there for the ride like he was on Thursday!!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 10:14:47 AM »
Maybe he could have played better, but you know what, he didn't play that bad a game after half time.
Sure he made a mistake towards the end of the game, but he doesn't make many it stands out because its so rare

I'm sure plenty will be eating their words in a few weeks time
That post was not exactly worth the announcement of "Stay tuned until tomorrow" either, you wrote two small paragraphs, not War & Peace

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
Maybe he could have played better, but you know what, he didn't play that bad a game after half time.

He had the same amount of possessions in the first half that he had in the second? the second quarter was his best stats wise but still he only averages 5 touches per quarter for the game, this was the problem.

I'm sure plenty will be eating their words in a few weeks time

I not sure anyone will be eating there words? All's been said is he had a bad game, i'm sure he will play better in weeks to come but in reality he has to be doesn't he??

That post was not exactly worth the announcement of "Stay tuned until tomorrow" either, you wrote two small paragraphs, not War & Peace

Yeah, sorry about that, I was feeling a little tougher last night after a couple of beers, I just couldn't see the keyboard to type it out ;D ;D ;D :cheers

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »

He had the same amount of possessions in the first half that he had in the second? the second quarter was his best stats wise but still he only averages 5 touches per quarter for the game, this was the problem.
You do know that is only 1-1.2 disposals a quarter off his average over the last two years where he has been in the AA squad?
This off almost no preseason

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »

You do know that is only 1-1.2 disposals a quarter off his average over the last two years where he has been in the AA squad?

Cool, we clearly beg to differ. I am sure he will turn it around next week, I can't wait to really see him hit his straps, as I have said he is an important part of the cog, at the least the run will do him good.

Cheers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
thats a fair call tassie tiger. Lids made two shocking errors that resulted in goals to the scum that if had been made by some other players would have resulted in a barrage of calls for their head on a stick.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
Half the time he was trying to punch the ball away from the bloody Other teams ruckman.

Mate, I probably over exaggerated a little but surly a round 1 clash in front of 70,000 people with the whole AFL community tuned in, a game that is in threat of us loosing because of past poor performances and a game that could in reality make or break or season has to be classed as an important match if not critical??
Yes it's only round 1 but hey how good would a win have been for a number of reasons?

As for Lids Yes he had a interrupted pre season but so did Judd and he still manged to rip us a new one. All I am saying is it's time for Lids to stand up and consistently be the player we all no he can be. He is playing across half back, it's not the hardest position in the world to play is it? He should have and could have played better!
With a bit of luck he will realise this himself and fire up next week but as a club if we are going to go forward he is one player thats need to make more of an impact and not just be there for the ride like he was on Thursday!!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »

Cool, we clearly beg to differ. I am sure he will turn it around next week, I can't wait to really see him hit his straps, as I have said he is an important part of the cog, at the least the run will do him good.

Cheers
Let me guess Tiger from Tas, you were not at the game???

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
"Being really harsh - I would consider dropping Nahas based solely on his selfish brain fade in the 3rd - yes that's how disgusted I was by it"

Watch the game again WP!!!!!!!!! Nahas was one of our most constructive players! You cannot ask the kid to take them on and then get upset when he makes a mistake. And yes you are being WAY to harsh.

I bet you all the tea in China, Nahas does not get dropped next week.

Firstly big tone I don't like tea  ;D

Have I at any point said Nahas played a shocking game - that he was terrible?

No what I've said and you wont change my mind on it was the "selfish brain fade" was extremely costly and it was a very low point of the night - we had sunch momentum and for a few minutes we lost that we had a 14 point lead at 3/4 time I reckon that turn over easily cost another goal. For me it was a stand out turnover but I might add it wans't the only time he did it. Yeah he was constuctive on a number occassions BUT sometimes you have to do the team things not try and be the hero.

And I wonder that if it had of been Edwards or Jackson who did it would some people so forgiving?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »

Cheers
Let me guess Tiger from Tas, you were not at the game???
Can tell your guessing Big Tone, Section M23 Row BB seat 6 AFL in the members if you really want all the details!
Why do you ask, I also watched the game on at home on replay adn Guess what, lids didn't play any better in my lounge than he did at the G, go figure :wallywink :wallywink