Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11424 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 12:51:52 AM »
"Being really harsh - I would consider dropping Nahas based solely on his selfish brain fade in the 3rd - yes that's how disgusted I was by it"

Watch the game again WP!!!!!!!!! Nahas was one of our most constructive players! You cannot ask the kid to take them on and then get upset when he makes a mistake. And yes you are being WAY to harsh.

I bet you all the tea in China, Nahas does not get dropped next week.

Firstly big tone I don't like tea  ;D

Have I at any point said Nahas played a shocking game - that he was terrible?

No what I've said and you wont change my mind on it was the "selfish brain fade" was extremely costly and it was a very low point of the night - we had sunch momentum and for a few minutes we lost that we had a 14 point lead at 3/4 time I reckon that turn over easily cost another goal. For me it was a stand out turnover but I might add it wans't the only time he did it. Yeah he was constuctive on a number occassions BUT sometimes you have to do the team things not try and be the hero.

And I wonder that if it had of been Edwards or Jackson who did it would some people so forgiving?
I'll say it again for you WP, watch the game again!!! Just sat down with a nice hot cup of tea and did so myself.  :thumbsup I seriously don't see any game altering distusting selfish brain fade by Nahas. I know i will not change your mind on this because that may mean you would have to admit you are wrong. You get an opinion in your head about some of our players and regardless of what they do or how they play, you still cannot seem to admit they have improved.
I'm sure you will ask for an example of such players so i will give you a few, Gus Conners and now Nahas

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »

[/quote]
Let me guess Tiger from Tas, you were not at the game???
[/quote]

Hate that type of post, just arrogant crap.

But totally agree about your view on Nahas - he can build from that game but it becomes the norm not the exception.

Clearly you were at the game  :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »
who plays on Nick Riewoldt?
Wouldnt try McGaune or Rance
If Moore aint right, thats leave Thursfield.
Thursfield has gone alright on Riewoldt in the past, but that was 3 years ago

think you'll find Mcguane has played well on him in the past...do your homework :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
McGuane went alright on thursday, not sure I want him on Riewie though.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »
I'll say it again for you WP, watch the game again!!! Just sat down with a nice hot cup of tea and did so myself.  :thumbsup I seriously don't see any game altering distusting selfish brain fade by Nahas. I know i will not change your mind on this because that may mean you would have to admit you are wrong. You get an opinion in your head about some of our players and regardless of what they do or how they play, you still cannot seem to admit they have improved.
I'm sure you will ask for an example of such players so i will give you a few, Gus Conners and now Nahas

I will sat it again big tone i dont like tea; I don't drink the stuff!!!!! So for me it will need to be a nice hot cup of coffee  :thumbsup

I will watch the game again when I get my copy of it during the week.

If I am wrong I will admit it.

But I will repeat the play where Nahas failed to release the ball to Deledio in the third as we were streaming forward was an incredibly selfish piece of play that cost us. It was a brain fade and was a blight on the blokes overall game. That's what I've said repeatedly and that's what I believe.

Has Nahas improved on 2010?

One game into 2011 it is far to early to say but yes Friday night was an improvement on his pre-season efforts. But sorry 1 game does not mean overall improvment in any players game, play like he did on Friday with less of the selfish stuff and more of the team stuff consistently, then I'll be the first to say well done kid; you've improved. If he goes back to falling over and being a turnover merchant then I will be watching to see how people here who've praised him this week after bagging relentlessly in the past react.  ;D

Now as for Gus. Has Gus improved? Based on Friday night you'd have to say NOPE he's gone backwards. He was shocking. Errr Gus = bad example  ;D

Connors? Well I am not sure why he played to be honest if what they say about his limited pre-season game time meant he was so 'underdone'. Don't agree with playing half fit players as sub; especially one who's not reknowned for his fitenss anyway, coupled with playing a couple of others who were also underdone + the one who had the ...er... poohs. But I digrese, has he improved? Who knows let's revisit that at the say the half way point of the season..

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2011, 07:11:13 PM »
Out Edwards (enoughs enough !!), Helbig
In Tuck (Must play against St Kilda), King

Deledio must go to CHF

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
1) Moore for McGone
2) King for Edwards.
3) Derrickx for graham. Gus is soft. Eff off.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
who plays on Nick Riewoldt?
Wouldnt try McGaune or Rance
If Moore aint right, thats leave Thursfield.
Thursfield has gone alright on Riewoldt in the past, but that was 3 years ago

think you'll find Mcguane has played well on him in the past...do your homework :shh

Done my homework, he got flogged, then played on Kosi and Kosi kicked 5 for the game :banghead
Give me a break
If Kosi plays we will get flogged, only plays one good game a year, and usually against us, as we want to play short defenders like Rance and co on him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
That 5 goal haul from Kosi actually made me sick.

Its a farce how we cant even contain such a dud like that.

Can almost guarantee Kosi will play this week after narrowly missing this week
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
I hope he does.

Rance can play lose on him, and belt into the greenhorn when his peripheral vision is typically distracted.

GOODNIGHT 2011.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »
Rance on Kosi ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
Thursfield to come in to play on Riewoldt.

I hope Rance is cleared by the MRP.

That may make us too tall with Astbury McGuane and Rance.

I really am finding changes this week a real dilemma. :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:32 AM »
I wouldn't make a change but if we do make any I can only see the outs coming from Connors and/or Morton with maybe Tucky in to help out with the Saints grinding battle of attrition gameplan and Kingy in for his tackling and chasing pressure up forward (not his kicking though  :P ).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
I think we're a chance, we're at the 'G, Jack loves playing the Sainters and they looked terrible last week.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
Have tuck and WC patched up their differences?  :lol