Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11369 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
Agree with the comments regarding Lids.

Deledio must start to impose himself on games or he may end up playing 200 matches without playing finals.

After 7 years its not enough for him to just be a "superstar" by Richmond standards....He has to become a bona fide AFL superstar.
Unleash the tornado

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
I honestly don't think we will see any changes, unless they are forced.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »
I reckon Jake King will come in for who?

I am not sure to honest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »

Deledio must start to impose himself on games or he may end up playing 200 matches without playing finals.

After 7 years its not enough for him to just be a "superstar" by Richmond standards....He has to become a bona fide AFL superstar.

In all honesty I don't know if he has that indefinable quality required to be amongst the very best. Has the tools to be elite of elite but of his 100+ games, how many can you honestly say he grabbed the game by the balls and imposed himself on it? Don't think he is a big game player. A very good player but hes no matchwinner or gamebreaker which I find dissapointing bc he should be with those tools!

edit: and this is not an over reaction due to one poor game, have been thinking this for a while - I love the bloke and will him to become a dominator but he just isnt that type

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
WP I disagree. I thought Lis didnt do enough last night.  Most players in the 3rd quarter were good.  But when the game was in the balance in the last quarter - Judd stood out like a beckon and Lids went awol.  There was a passage in the last quarter when Judd ran past Lids into the fwd 50 ...Lids wasnt sprinting to catch Judd...

I dont think Lids works hard enough when going the other way...with his pace he should be racking up the tackles and running guys down - he doesnt.  He is skillful and courageous but imho not defensive enough.

I never said Lids had a great game - I just thought his 3rd qtr was very good like a number of other players who had poor first halves. I thought his 3rd qtr was very good, showing good leadership along with Cotch who had also had a poor game to that point. For both their chasing and 2nd efforts in the 3rd were great but they need to do it for 4 qtrs not 2 or 3

What last night showed in part was that we paid dearly for taking blokes into the game with not enough pre-season action in their legs. The 3 standouts in that category were Lids, Newman & based on what Dimma said Connors. I am still scratching my head as to why we didn't take the opportunity last week to give these guys a run around in the VFL if only for half a game to get their fitness up

Just on Judd - did you notice Judd's not chasing of our captain as Newy was storming through the middle in the 3rd. You speak of leadership, that was a distincty lack of leadership by a captain right there - which is what I think you are being critical of Lids about. Also there were times where Judd just stood on the outside of contests when he needed to get in there and help his team mates.

Fortunately for Mr 360 and his "non chase" we turned the ball over a few seconds later and he happended to be in the right place at the right time to get a relatively cheap possession. But I do agree his leadership in the final qtr was very good, he stood up when he needed too

Con65

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »

I am not sure to honest

WP whilst probably doesnt deserve to be dropped what about Helbig?

Possibly swap for Kingy Edwards?

It is hard cos the guys he competes with for the same position(s) played ok.

Now if you could swap him for Gus... :)

Ox

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »
Lids has a slow start to every season, add to that the fact that he's barely played in the preseason and I don't know why people are so surprised

True, but it is still sad to see one of our A graders play like that last night in such a crucial game, I am sure he will drastically improve as the season wears on.......

well said.

Whatsmore,he does it all the time which is why he will never be a true A grader.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »

Lids had a bad game. Judd had a good game. its quite simple. No need to start making sweeping statements about his career.
I think most would agree that he was excellent for us last year, and he's coming off an interrupted pre-season. Maybe we should cut him some effin slack.

in other news, I thought Rancey played very well last night.   :thumbsup
Contested fiercely and looked more composed than ever. Fingers crossed he's turned the corner. 
Stoked with Concanuts and Batch too.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »
WP whilst probably doesnt deserve to be dropped what about Helbig?

Possibly swap for Kingy Edwards?

It is hard cos the guys he competes with for the same position(s) played ok.

Now if you could swap him for Gus... :)

I don't like dropping kids straight after their first game. I am firm believer in giving them a few games (at least 3). So I wouldn't drop Helbig

Edwards - is an option I suppose but is an unlikely

The other option and this is because I am not a fan of the bloke but because he's clearly lacking a helluva lot of match fitness is Connors. Don't see any benefit of having a half fit "sub"

Being really harsh - I would consider dropping Nahas based solely on his selfish brain fade in the 3rd - yes that's how disgusted I was by it

Sadly Gus will hold his spot unless DerrickX is OK to go or BrownE playes a blinder tomorrow for Coburg ( :pray :pray)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »

deledio might play 300 games and not play a final.

He is only one of 22 players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »
What about:

Helbig for King.
Nahas/Edwards for Tuck.

Now thats only based on what I have read around the traps.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
i dont think you can drop a kid after there first game. king will come in but it should be for someone else.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »

I am not sure to honest

Helbig

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
"Being really harsh - I would consider dropping Nahas based solely on his selfish brain fade in the 3rd - yes that's how disgusted I was by it"

Watch the game again WP!!!!!!!!! Nahas was one of our most constructive players! You cannot ask the kid to take them on and then get upset when he makes a mistake. And yes you are being WAY to harsh.

I bet you all the tea in China, Nahas does not get dropped next week.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:54 PM »
I bet you all the tea in China, Nahas does not get dropped next week.
Ceylon has all the tea mate. None left in China. Just concrete jungles, rice paddies and swamps.