Author Topic: Last Chance Saloon for Titch?  (Read 6156 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Last Chance Saloon for Titch?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 02:40:05 AM »
Honestly answer me this; why is it that for about the past 3 years I have been calling for Edwards to be either traded or delisted based on his form over those years and yet after last year just about everyone thought he was the golden boy.

Last year, he was given the most improved player in a team that, well, lets say I probably could have been awarded most improved... :thumbsup

So now as fickle supporters ONE game into the season, directly after his "breakout" year everyone wants to get rid of him.... :lol

Honestly lets give him the rest of this year to it's end before we start calling for his head after one game. Bring this thread up again in September... :rollin

I guess a lot of supporters follow the "you're only as good as your last game" theory WAT  ;D.

Edwards' preseason form was ordinary as well as round 1 so supporters are getting impatient with him to improve on last year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 04:38:21 AM »
Honestly answer me this; why is it that for about the past 3 years I have been calling for Edwards to be either traded or delisted based on his form over those years and yet after last year just about everyone thought he was the golden boy.

Last year, he was given the most improved player in a team that, well, lets say I probably could have been awarded most improved... :thumbsup

So now as fickle supporters ONE game into the season, directly after his "breakout" year everyone wants to get rid of him.... :lol

Honestly lets give him the rest of this year to it's end before we start calling for his head after one game. Bring this thread up again in September... :rollin

I guess a lot of supporters follow the "you're only as good as your last game" theory WAT  ;D.

Edwards' preseason form was ordinary as well as round 1 so supporters are getting impatient with him to improve on last year.

Yeah agree, lets wait and see I suppose.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 06:07:50 AM »
edwards is safe , he takes risks, dimma loves that

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 06:12:47 AM »
In danger if doesn't back up from last year. Agree with the comments generally. Agree should play in forward line.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
He'll be fine bit like chance Bateman he's best is 2-3 years away
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »

you have got to be kidding right.

Nothing like Bateman. Couldnt hold a tackle if his life depended on it. Bateman plays tall and Edwards is too raw for my liking
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

red

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »
I was discussing this with my Barber as he was cutting my hair today. According to the Barber Shane Edwards is in the last chance saloon in terms of his career at Richmond? Do you agree?
Hair today, gone tomorrow?

Not "last chance saloon", more "no chance of intelligence in this salon".

10 FLAGS

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
I was discussing this with my Barber as he was cutting my hair today. According to the Barber Shane Edwards is in the last chance saloon in terms of his career at Richmond? Do you agree?
Hair today, gone tomorrow?

Not "last chance saloon", more "no chance of intelligence in this salon".

Are you stupid or are you just pretending Red?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
G'day Kel.

we need you back out there mate

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
My barber is Italian but is a Collingwood supporter  :P. I haven't had a haircut since prior to September lol.

mightytiges if Collingwood go back to back.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »

He also had shoulder surgery so had a limited preseason

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 11:10:26 AM »
Nope, the coaches love him

Agree. The barber should stick to cutting hair. Shane's not going anywhere.
I thought his game wasn't as bad as some suggest.
Made one really bad turnover that screamed but did a number of good things as well.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
Jury is still out, will get another year regardless of his performances this year.

Has a lot of improvement to go.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 12:55:18 AM »
My barber is Italian but is a Collingwood supporter  :P. I haven't had a haircut since prior to September lol.

mightytiges if Collingwood go back to back.

:lol

It's ZZ-top  :laugh:
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 05:55:23 AM »

you have got to be kidding right.

Nothing like Bateman. Couldnt hold a tackle if his life depended on it. Bateman plays tall and Edwards is too raw for my liking

Not similar as players, similar in that they have/are taking a long time to mature into the players their clubs see them becoming.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.