Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining  (Read 14399 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2011, 01:27:16 AM »
sorry MT just getting at you  ;D

Pendelbury & Thomas

Deledio & Tambling oh oh 1 down  ;D

told you both these players were elite. Trained to the max

Ox

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2011, 01:56:13 AM »
thanks for your input but shove it up ur arses,

Be urselves and expect others to be,

jackstar is back again

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »
Does Dimma knows what he is doing ?????

Jack we agree on most things but ge that is very reactive and harsh off 1 bad game. A week is a long week in footy but Round 1 and 2 were good showings we cant forget that.

Lids ( our best player) being taken back to the goal square aint a good indication that the coach knows whats going on, sorry

Thanks Paul Roos for explaining this on ""On the Couch "' tonight.
Roos agrees with me, LOL

We got killed at the stoppages especially inside Hawthorn's forward 50 all night. As Darcy on OWAAT showed we had Tigers playing 5-10m off their opponent or not standing goal-side of their opponent which gifted Hawthorn easy goals.

The examples he gave were more our better players ...
Lids on Burgoyne (Lids not standing goal side of his opponent Burgoyne at the ball-up allowing Burgoyne to rove, break the tackle and goal)
Grigg on Hodge (Grigg 5m off Hodge at another ball-up and the Hawthorn ruck deliberately ran into the gap between them and tapped it back to Hodge who in the clear goaled)
Cotch/Ellis (Cotch was by himself at another ball-up 20m out from the Hawks' goal with Ellis 10m on his own behind him. Bateman gathers the ball and Ellis gets a kick out of the congestion for a goal)

Just simple mistakes but oh so costly. You'd expect at Monday's review Dimma would point all this out.  

They teach this at TAC level

gerkin greg

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:12 AM »
They teach this at TAC level

what's your point?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Away for a couple of days and look what I missed!  :shh

Like death and taxes you can always guarantee that some posters will come out after a loss and state that our admin/coaches don't know what they're doing, the young players aren't developing as quickly as they should or Team X's recruits are, our more experienced players are weak and lazy and our recognised 'star' players are frauds. Does this about sum it up?!

I was disappointed with the result the same as everyone here, in fact I was gutted. The think the problem started with our previous two very competitive efforts against two capable opponents. Those results lifted my expectations so I believed another similar result, at worst, was probable.

I know we would struggle as soon as I saw our backline and the weather forecast. To win wet weather footy you need bigger bodies and forwards who are good at ground level. Our backmen, particularly Grimes, was good in the air but looked all at sea when the ball hit the grass. In his second game he did well but obviously to compete against the best he will need to add this aspect to his game. Dimma is correct when he says this experience will be good for our young defenders education - will it mean they will develop into star backmen...well that's another story.

Our team was stacked with young, quick and skilled players. There's was stacked with bigger, stronger, more experienced and tall players who were good below there knees. Recipe for disaster but unavoidable given our list. I honestly believe that the contest would have been much closer if we had had our more experienced backmen in and the weather conditions were drier.

Lids copes a raw deal imho from some around here. Last week is was heralded as a star, this week a lazy/weak waste.  ???  Equally statements stating we shouldn't build our forward future on Jack is emotive dribble. Yes he needs to pull his head in. Yes it's not safe to rely on any one player ever (Richo anyone  :banghead) but to say he doesn't have a future at our club after winning the Coleman medal last year is far too premature.

Similarly Dimma may have made a mistake by leaving Lids in the Hawks goalsquare but how are we too know what the game plan was. It seems to me that whenever people don't understand the reasons behind something they automatically believe the worse around here. They think they see one mistake and make an assumption that everything that person has done and will do will be a mistake.

One game out of a very long season....

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2011, 12:03:48 PM »
Away for a couple of days and look what I missed!  :shh

Like death and taxes you can always guarantee that some posters will come out after a loss and state that our admin/coaches don't know what they're doing, the young players aren't developing as quickly as they should or Team X's recruits are, our more experienced players are weak and lazy and our recognised 'star' players are frauds. Does this about sum it up?!

I was disappointed with the result the same as everyone here, in fact I was gutted. The think the problem started with our previous two very competitive efforts against two capable opponents. Those results lifted my expectations so I believed another similar result, at worst, was probable.

I know we would struggle as soon as I saw our backline and the weather forecast. To win wet weather footy you need bigger bodies and forwards who are good at ground level. Our backmen, particularly Grimes, was good in the air but looked all at sea when the ball hit the grass. In his second game he did well but obviously to compete against the best he will need to add this aspect to his game. Dimma is correct when he says this experience will be good for our young defenders education - will it mean they will develop into star backmen...well that's another story.

Our team was stacked with young, quick and skilled players. There's was stacked with bigger, stronger, more experienced and tall players who were good below there knees. Recipe for disaster but unavoidable given our list. I honestly believe that the contest would have been much closer if we had had our more experienced backmen in and the weather conditions were drier.

Lids copes a raw deal imho from some around here. Last week is was heralded as a star, this week a lazy/weak waste.  ???  Equally statements stating we shouldn't build our forward future on Jack is emotive dribble. Yes he needs to pull his head in. Yes it's not safe to rely on any one player ever (Richo anyone  :banghead) but to say he doesn't have a future at our club after winning the Coleman medal last year is far too premature.

Similarly Dimma may have made a mistake by leaving Lids in the Hawks goalsquare but how are we too know what the game plan was. It seems to me that whenever people don't understand the reasons behind something they automatically believe the worse around here. They think they see one mistake and make an assumption that everything that person has done and will do will be a mistake.

One game out of a very long season....

Top post, mate.  :thumbsup

jackstar is back again

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Well Luke Darcy and Paul Roos stated the obvious on the shows last night, exactly what some posters have posted on here.
By the way, this is a forum.
I would think that Paul Roos has more idea collectively,than some of the nuffers on here.
Luke Darcy, ditto.
We have been terrible pre season, ordinary against the Blues, when the game was handed to us, and who knows against the saints seeing they got belted last weekend.
Keep in mind we havent beaten a melbourne based team since August 2009 when we kicked a goal after the siren( Jordan McMahon )
Yep, we are travelling okay, ::) ::) ::)
And lets dont forget the worst Ruckman in the comp who refuses to offer support in D50.
Who do you blame ?? dont blame me

jackstar is back again

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
and then we have players who refuse or dont understand where to stand at stoppages, please :banghead :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
what are you trying to say mate? sack the coach, the players and the recruiters? you seem to be dancing around the elephant tickling its balls. just say what you mean man!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
what are you trying to say mate? sack the coach, the players and the recruiters? you seem to be dancing around the elephant tickling its balls. just say what you mean man!

Players arent up to it.
if you watched the video and comments of what darcy and roos said, you would fully understand where I am coming from, it aint that hard

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »

Players arent up to it.
if you watched the video and comments of what darcy and roos said, you would fully understand where I am coming from, it aint that hard

I'm trying to understand myself Jack. Are you stating that you feel the coaches are not educating the team well enough? Would you say it was more the players fault/lack of understanding or the coaches inability to teach the players?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »
Jack I don't buy the whole 'Gus doesn't support his team by not taking a mark in the D50'. I think Gus', and the rest of the leagues 1st ruck now, brief is moving around the ground where stoppages occur. We have moved a long way from when ruckmen's brief was contesting the centre square and floating back into defense to act as a floating extra man. Today ruckmen are expected to be another midfielder whether they are capable or not - Gus is acting in this role and, at the very least, ensuring the opposition ruckmen are not roaming free. This is why he is not taking marks in the D50 as his opponent is keeping well away from the area to ensure the space is not clogged up. You can't blame him for this.

The flaws in setups are something that needs to be addressed - definitely, but these are not termanal problems or indicators that the coaches and/or players are lost causes. They just need to ensure this is corrected for the future. I have faith that with all the scrutiny that these sort of blaring problems have caused this week, it will be high on everyone at the clubs priority lists. Lids being dragged out of the play will fit under a similar lesson to be learned.

I completely understand your and many others on here's passion for the club Jack, I just differ from you in how I attempt to voice my methods of change and express frustrations. Different methods but both wanting the same outcome - Tiger flags  :gotigers

jackstar is back again

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »
Mate, Gus is useless

jackstar is back again

« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
as for the flaws in the set ups, i blame both players and assistant coaches as its there role

TigerTimeII

« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »
ffs go and coach and play urself then cos u r so firkken good