Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining  (Read 14404 times)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
Last Night

1- Jack would be suspended for 3 weeks for his,"im bigger than this club" BS over the last two weeks.
Little wanker needs a smack in the moosh (enter Rance) :shh

2 - Deledio - 60% athlete - 20% AFL Footballer - 20% Lazy

3- King - for a maligned player,i wouldn't mind 22 blokes with the same passion and commitment.

4- Umpiring was deplorable.

5- Reminder to 90% of the team - In contested situations where the ball is loose,Put your peeweak little bodies BETWEEN your opponent and the ball.COMMIT.
Newman did it last week but only after he felt he was ripped off by an umpiring decision :banghead
This needs to be the case with every attack on the ball,every game given we're such a young list.
It's one ploy taht needs no real skil-just balls and COMMITMENT.

6- Martin - Does he chase and tackle at all or just tackle in close?
Lazy prick >:(

7- Couldn't play wet weather football last night.No ticker.

Totally agree on all points ox, called it early, Jack needs to pull his head in and play accountable football, not just the high flying hero stuff.
King has always had the right fighting attitude, even though he makes mistakes, some guys need to take his attitude on board
Umpires were deplorable, even though we wouldnt have known what to do with the ball last night even if they'd handed it to us in the goal square
Unaccountable pee weak football, a disgrace,
That effort would have done wonders for our membership drive and  fund raising, how about those show ponies (newbies excluded) put in a little bit of G&D and show people they arent just throwing their hard earned in to the wind :banghead >:(

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:39:31 PM by one-eyed »

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
ok we are one season and abit into the new regime at tigerland,at what point do you guys think its reasonable that we start to show significant improvement..My own opinion is that we need to show significant improvement by the end of this season.And by significant i dont mean top of the ladder stuff but certainly winning our fair share of games.
Yeah but its not just winning games gigantor its showing a bit of ticker, throwing yourself in, i personally dont care if we dont win too many this season, but to see much more of last nights effort, its demoralising

Tigermonk

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
Richmond were never going to win last night. Hawthorns game & wet weather skills were some of the best l ever seen going off the last 20 years cause the grounds are so free of mud

What some of us are saying is that most of our mistakes are the basics of football.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »
ok we are one season and abit into the new regime at tigerland,at what point do you guys think its reasonable that we start to show significant improvement..My own opinion is that we need to show significant improvement by the end of this season.And by significant i dont mean top of the ladder stuff but certainly winning our fair share of games.
Yeah but its not just winning games gigantor its showing a bit of ticker, throwing yourself in, i personally dont care if we dont win too many this season, but to see much more of last nights effort, its demoralising

yes this is what i am talking about. 100% on the money.

This is why i applaud guys like King and Jackson for throwing their body in while other guys stood back and did nothing.

If we win great if we don't thats fine but show us something anything just not what we dished up last night, particulary from our senior players.

We were outcoached and outplayed and nothing positive can come from last night.

Clarkson post match conference was very unhappy we were allowed to have more inside 50's yet Dimma seemed to think we matched them in most useless statistical indicators.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
looking over the first 3 games ,other than last night we have had a degree of good fortune..We were lucky both saints and blues wasted their first quarter dominance ,otherwise we might have been blown out of the water in those games too.Although as the saying goes bad kicking is bad football

jackstar is back again

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »
just shows how deluded supporters are

jackstar is back again

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
Last Night

1- Jack would be suspended for 3 weeks for his,"im bigger than this club" BS over the last two weeks.
Little wanker needs a smack in the moosh (enter Rance) :shh

2 - Deledio - 60% athlete - 20% AFL Footballer - 20% Lazy

3- King - for a maligned player,i wouldn't mind 22 blokes with the same passion and commitment.

4- Umpiring was deplorable.

5- Reminder to 90% of the team - In contested situations where the ball is loose,Put your peeweak little bodies BETWEEN your opponent and the ball.COMMIT.
Newman did it last week but only after he felt he was ripped off by an umpiring decision :banghead
This needs to be the case with every attack on the ball,every game given we're such a young list.

6- Martin - Does he chase and tackle at all or just tackle in close?
Lazy prick >:(

7- Couldn't play wet weather football last night.No ticker.

Totally agree on all points ox, called it early, Jack needs to pull his head in and play accountable football, not just the high flying hero stuff.
King has always had the right fighting attitude, even though he makes mistakes, some guys need to take his attitude on board
Umpires were deplorable, even though we wouldnt have known what to do with the ball last night even if they'd handed it to us in the goal square
That effort would have done wonders for our membership drive and  fund raising, how about those show ponies (newbies excluded) put in a little bit of G&D and show people they arent just throwing their hard earned in to the wind :banghead >:(

well said 2JD

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:40:11 PM by one-eyed »

tony_montana

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
Lids dragged back to full back by his opponent said it all

yeah and on the coach they asked Dimma about Goddard dragging Lids back to the goalsquare and he said we've got that in our notes for next time, and yet he allowed the same thing to happen with burgoyne. Lids should have gone onball or HF to stand Hodge, should have made a different move bc the hawks were ready for him as he's had day outs against them regularly in the past

jackstar is back again

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »
Does Dimma knows what he is doing ?????

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »

:clapping :clapping :clapping

Got it in one Ox

that's why I left that game last so absolutely gutted

Where was the COMMITMENT, the week before we got it this week I reckon we got it for about 15 minutes in the 3rd qtr

That effort would have done wonders for our membership drive and  fund raising, how about those show ponies (newbies excluded) put in a little bit of G&D and show people they arent just throwing their hard earned in to the wind :banghead >:(

Agree

I sat in the car park list night and for very small moment thought to myself "can I have a refund on FTF donation, my memberships"

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Pope that is right and whats more important is effort and not many stood up last night. In fact no senior players did and if thats okay with blokes like Mr Tasmania then so be it. IMO its unnaceptable. They are weak and lazy. Tackling and Shepherding should be mandatory if you have play senior footy but for our club it seems one handed attempts are acceptable.(e.g Lids)

I have a new found admiration for a bloke like Kingy. This was a guy who was told is future was in limbo if he didnt control his aggression and play team football. Well he listened and look at him go now. Skill wise his not the best but those other downhill skiers need to watch a copy of him these days to know whats it all about.

last night was a debacle from all angles and a step back in terms of development.

totally agree daniel

I think I posted it somewhere last night

Last week we took a few steps forward, last night we took a massive leap backwards

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »

Jack we agree on most things but ge that is very reactive and harsh off 1 bad game. A week is a long week in footy but Round 1 and 2 were good showings we cant forget that.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
you like to try twist things around to suit you

Griffiths plays for Richmond
Butcher plays for Port Adelaide & was drafted before Griffiths

My beef was not to draft Griffiths because his shoulders were extremely high risk & wouldnot hold upto AFL. l would have liked Butcher but he went lower anyway so l dont understand what your trying to gain here

Griffiths has gone down in a short period at VFL / AFL with serious shoulder injuries & his not playing 
Butcher on the other hand did play football last year & has been playing this year but who cares about Butcher  ??? his not at Tigerland. So l dont know why you persist you stupid boy. Griffiths is keeping someone out of work & he will break again when he returns.  Thats if he returns cause he might break at Coburg & be delisted. 2nd year at the club & the experts were correct he would not handle the rigors of AFL but only you will dispute that  :lol You know more than the scouts & footy experts

Butcher on the other hand is untried at AFL level & until he plays then you got no case & thats if he ever plays which if you go back & read my posts from last year you will see l stated that.

you need to grow up & learn something from this

Yawn.

Facts:
You were upset we picked Dustin Martin over your dribbler mate John Butcher.
After being destroyed on the forum for this view you moved onto the drafting of Griffiths and predicted he'll never be fit. Yet John Butcher was drafted to Port Adelaide with a dodgy kick and a crook back, and this was deemed OK by you.

Thus making you look like a goose.

I've won this arguement before I don't need to win it again.
Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »

Jack we agree on most things but ge that is very reactive and harsh off 1 bad game. A week is a long week in footy but Round 1 and 2 were good showings we cant forget that.

Lids ( our best player) being taken back to the goal square aint a good indication that the coach knows whats going on, sorry

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2011, 09:54:07 PM »

yes this is what i am talking about. 100% on the money.

This is why i applaud guys like King and Jackson for throwing their body in while other guys stood back and did nothing.

If we win great if we don't thats fine but show us something anything just not what we dished up last night, particulary from our senior players.

We were outcoached and outplayed and nothing positive can come from last night.

Clarkson post match conference was very unhappy we were allowed to have more inside 50's yet Dimma seemed to think we matched them in most useless statistical indicators.

..I50's is hardly a useless stat indicator, it is the first fundamental indication of a side chances to win, fail to get the ball in often enough and the side will be rendered no chance. it's what we failed to do once it lobbed in there that was the problem, completele lack of cohesion, and adaption to WET conditions
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled