Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 226995 times)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1455 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
[quote author=Jackstar is back again link=topic=12922.msg264820#msg264820
mate, I have seen him out, hardly scary ::)
he couldnt even slap that girl properly a month ago.
Give me a spell will you
[/quote]

You would know.....The women he apparently slapped was you wasn't it :lol :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1456 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
Rumour on bf that Mitch Clark to Melb for pick 12.

Melbourne FC have confirmed it at 11:08pm. Wow wee. So much for, Freo or PSD.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22613182&postcount=1

If its true I wonder why Mitch has changed his mind.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1457 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »
Now the age is reporting it.

MELBOURNE has convinced Mitch Clark to join the Demons ahead of Fremantle, in a dramatic twist to trade week that will see Brisbane collect pick 12 in the national draft.

The Demons made an improved pitch late yesterday, and Clark informed the club of his decision late last night.

After the Lions yesterday began inching closer to a deal with Fremantle for the 23-year-old, who rejected the Demons' initial advances on Friday, Melbourne responded by making another strong pitch, upping an already significant four-year offer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/melbourne-demons/surprise-as-clark-takes-up-demon-offer-20111015-1lqxx.html#ixzz1aqv6h1NI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2011, 06:10:31 AM »
Trade Week - Day 6

Mitch Clark to Melbourne on a 4-year 600k per year deal.

Brisbane have accepted Melbourne's pick 12 in return which they may use along with pick 8 to poach Kurt Tippett from Adelaide.

Brisbane has also offered Jordan Lisle a 3-year contract. The Lisle deal is expected to go through tomorrow, with the Hawks and Lions to settle on which draft pick it will involve. Brisbane has picks 29, 30 and 34.

Essendon is highly unlikely to meet Gold Coast's asking price for onballer Josh Caddy, who wants to return to Melbourne to be with his unwell father.  The Bombers had been trawling clubs trying to access two compensation picks to satisfy the Suns, to no avail. Essendon has offered Gold Coast its first pick, No.19, potentially another pick, and at least one player to complete the deal, but Gold Coast emphatically knocked the offer on its head. It's believed Gold Coast was keen on one of Essendon's top five players. The Bombers are still hopeful "compassionate grounds" might convince the new franchise club to release its player.

Bombers Henry Slattery, Ricky Dyson and Josh Jenkins remain on the trade table.

Hawthorn is still trying to convince Geelong to trade Tom Gillies, but so far has  not put forward any names that the Cats consider an appropriate swap.

St Kilda was standing firm on in-demand players Jason Gram and Tommy Walsh, despite receiving offers for both. Gram is believed to have attracted interest from North Melbourne, while Carlton has made preliminary inquiries. Walsh wants to join the Swans after they promised him greater opportunity.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/melbourne-demons/surprise-as-clark-takes-up-demon-offer-20111015-1lqxx.html#ixzz1asX8ROjk
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-beats-fremantle-to-secure-mitch-clark/story-fn69a32t-1226167582864
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/young-gun-josh-caddy-keen-to-help-his-dad/story-fn69a32t-1226167500775
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-refuses-to-budge-on-sam-gilbert-and-tommy-walsh/story-fn69a32t-1226167495031

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
Melbourne is willing to buy their way up the ladder, well I hope they crash and burn evn more so than ever. Gary Lyon himself can steer this ship straight into oblivion  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
Well Friday Clarke said it wasn't about money, move forward 24 hours and it seems he couldn't say no to the money  ;D Deserves to go to the Dees

And I wonder if there will be an out clause, say in 12 months if hw wants to go "home" he can

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
Well Friday Clarke said it wasn't about money, move forward 24 hours and it seems he couldn't say no to the money  ;D Deserves to go to the Dees

And I wonder if there will be an out clause, say in 12 months if hw wants to go "home" he can

Maybe he knew a freo and lions wasn't going to get a deal done and GWS had shown interest him if he nominated PSD so he cut his loses choose Melbourne for the time being.

I guess they had to throw money at someone to save face over losing Scully.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1462 on: October 16, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
Good move for the Dees IMO, they would have plenty of cap room and desperately need a key forward.  Good outcome for Brisbane too rather than being held to ransom by Freo and Clark.

Will be interesting to see if Sanderson trades Tippett - would set up Adelaide with a very strong draft but put them into some pain during rebuilding that they wouldn't be used to.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1463 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »
lets get serious here, honestly clarke is not that good, wtf has he really shown, and he only got a sleeve tat to hide and mask the fact that he is a soft coc....... and in this day and age , most men with tatts are fairies , who r they trying to bluff?

melb are dheads for chasing this over rated wannabe

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1464 on: October 16, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
Good move for the Dees IMO, they would have plenty of cap room and desperately need a key forward.  Good outcome for Brisbane too rather than being held to ransom by Freo and Clark.

Only problem with Clark is that for a key forward his best goal tally for a season is 27....  :whistle
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1465 on: October 16, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
Clark is a wanker, says one thing one day and another the next. He will fit in at the dees :wallywink

Hope they win the spoon soon, I hate that ****** club as much as I hate Carlton. Nothing club, always will be.

Is there any snow left at Buller?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Gigantor

« Reply #1466 on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »
dont know how this will end for melb,but i do admire them..they wanted craig and got him,now clarke,they have been super aggressive this off season

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1467 on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
yep agree clarke is a fos show pony

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1468 on: October 16, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
dont know how this will end for melb,but i do admire them..they wanted craig and got him,now clarke they have been super agressive this off season

what a load of crap, they only got craig cos we didnt want him lol, if they think they had a win cos they have craig then they are kidding themselves, seriously all he has is a reputation built from his back yard in SA , but in afl terms, wtf has he really achieved???

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1469 on: October 16, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »

Will be interesting to see if Sanderson trades Tippett - would set up Adelaide with a very strong draft but put them into some pain during rebuilding that they wouldn't be used to.
I have never understood all the hype about Tippett. Way overrated, and Sanderson should take the high draft picksfor him while he can IMO. Has all the makings of another disastrous Voss trade